What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs and @mojo37 I used to get horrible warnings in the 4s and feel dizzy as though I was going to pass out but don't get any warnings for 4s anymore. I didn't get any warnings for the 3.5 either but knew I was low because I felt as though I had no energy. Brain was working OK so I was fine teaching the class but I kept feeling that I would like to sit down and rest - which I don't usually feel like when I am teaching.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. It turns out he had just left his flat and was approaching
London Bridge when he heard two gunshots. He had realised something was up a moment before because there was a really weird atmosphere all around, he said.
Thank goodness your son is OK. It sounds like you had a lovely day with him.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg this morning 5.7 according to finger prick 4.9 on Libre sensor. Going on a nice long muddy walk with Dennis and Mr C this morning finishing with breakfast at Heligan. It’ll be interesting to see how the sensor reacts.
@ianpspurs have fun with the PT I was expecting to ache yesterday after my session on Wed but he obviously knows his onions and the warmup/ cool down was effective.
@jjraak more hugs from me for the poo days 6.1 is a pretty decent score I’d say. I have no knowledge or experience of Chromebooks so I expect that qualifies me as an expert in PC world!
Great bargain @True Blue . It’s great to get something you actually need in the sale.
@SaskiaKC hope yesterday was a lovely day for you. I loved your poo vs Pooh post. I’ll never get tired of reading Winnie the Pooh, I loved them as a child, my children loved them and now my grandchildren love them so I’ve been reading them over 50yrs.
@Debandez hope you are up and about again today and feeling better after your bacon butty.
@dunelm I remember you posting a video about how those Japanese omelettes are made - I was transfixed. I’d love to try one but don’t think I’d have the patience to make it.
Bit of a relapse. It's a real stickler this bug! Lost 4lbs!!

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The last few days have been running quite low blood sugars and am spending quite a lot of the day in the very low 4s.

Tonight have just got home from work and because I felt I was low I tested and it was 3.5. Did a retest and it was 3.7.

When I was on insulin I would have had some glucose but as I am no longer on insulin or any other meds I am assuming that I don't need to do anything.
I've been as low
as 3.4. Diet controlled so dont need to do anything.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 on the Libre or 5.5 by finger prick. Happy with both/ either.
I’m enjoying the Christmas present chat. The best compromise I’ve come across was the system used by a Hindu friend and her family. She has always lived in England so has grown up knowing about Christmas although her family don’t celebrate it as such. Instead they buy gifts for the children but not the adults. They all decide in advance which charity they are going to support that year and all put £50 in a pot which is given to the charity of choice. Everybody wins! I’ve been trying to get my lot to do something similar but old habits and the pressure of the advertisers are hard to break free from.
@trick60 wise man!
There can be up to.a 15 min delay. Are you enjoying your CGM? Any surprises?

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great idea, we are involved in many musical and theatrical groups and some time ago they all agreed to stop sending Christmas cards to each other so for some years each group collects money off its members and it goes to charity, we do this with friends also. Of course being a liker of Christmas person, I do like giving Christmas cards so I paint loads and give them to closer friends and family.

Thermals, the bane of hot air balloonists. You will certainly blow those leaves away. :joyful:
an ok 6.0

been a rough week
kept it off here as much as possible,
But just wanted to share what i think is
a nice moment..(not been many sadly)

lost my brother, lads dad, last November, so quite
a poignant time, Not withstanding their current turmoil.

He had an abiding love of Elvis, and as much as the lads
took the pee, it was and became an institution in the home
especially at any celebration and particularly at Christmas.

Anyone and everyone was welcome, so all the kids friends,
girlfriends/boyfriends etc.may of had a musical preference,
but that was of no matter..Elvis was always the order of the
day..His funeral was like an Elvis tribute evening, as horrid
as that may sound to some, it was a beautiful moment.

Anyway, kids gone up today to see brother.
i called to ask how he was this morning.
each day has just had more bad news.

seems he's now breathing a little better, still assisted,
but I've taken to celebrating any improvement as a
win of some sort.

BUT when they arrived, the nurses unasked, and not
aware of the background story i just relayed.
had on the music system..playing it to patients to aid recovery
or for their own purpose i don't know.

But music was Elvis when they walked in, and Elvis until i spoke to
them...coincidence..?
maybe, but if god does indeed move in mysterious ways,
perhaps my brother is indeed looking over his son in his hour of need.

A little taster for those not familiar with Music of The KING.

So sorry about your brother. He sounded a very special person. It does sound like he is watching over.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @SaskiaKC
Thank you. It turns out he had just left his flat and was approaching
London Bridge when he heard two gunshots. He had realised something was up a moment before because there was a really weird atmosphere all around, he said.

I was just hoping he hadn't been closer than he implied.

We had a lovely afternoon. A meal by the canal, and then a drive through the countryside and some villages, and a millpond was nearby. We attended a Christmas Tree Festival in an old church. And wandered round the ancient gravestones around it. It was a cold below 0C, a very wintry day today with mists and the sun shining through them. It was actually very beautiful.

He's on the train back to London now, and I am trying to get warm under my electric blanket.

It was really nice to see him, and we talked and talked and talked!

It was a very good day.
I hope you have a good day Saskia. And KittenCat too!
Take care
>^••^<

Good news. I'm sure, as you said, it did him as much good to see you and spend time with you as it did you to be with him.
The KittenCat and I have had a very sleepy day. I decided to quit fighting my recent headache and other aches and just give in to them with lots of acetaminophen and sleep instead of sitting up, which makes them worse. Much better at the moment, and guess who is asleep AGAIN! ^. .^ :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good news. I'm sure, as you said, it did him as much good to see you and spend time with you as it did you to be with him.
The KittenCat and I have had a very sleepy day. I decided to quit fighting my recent headache and other aches and just give in to them with lots of acetaminophen and sleep instead of sitting up, which makes them worse. Much better at the moment, and guess who is asleep AGAIN! ^. .^ :)
Thanks @SaskiaKC
A sleepy day is really good. I don't think you can fight a headache and soldier on. We do try to soldier on more than we should do. We need more quiet time, doing nothing time, and I am sure KittenCat is very good at helping you with that.
t2254.gif
t09095.gif

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...'Plumpy' stayed over last night I was woken at 04:20 by a plaintiff little whimper someone needed a bathroom visit...dragged myself out of bed to see him smiling at me as he wiggled his bottom & what he has for a tail...I couldn't be cross with him said 'what a good boy' & let him out...20 seconds later he's back very pleased with himself up on his spot on the sofa curled up fast asleep...meanwhile I am having coffee & thinking there's no point in going back to bed...friend popped overlast night & we opened the Prosecco the second bottle in a week I know how to live dangerously!...going in for more coffee while I wait for the world to wake up...woke to a 6.2 I blame 'Plumpy'

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3rd night running, despite getting to bed late,
I've woken around 4 am and by woken I mean wide awake.

Wasn't the reason, but I was awake for this.
Glad it got explained..

BBC News - Sonic boom: People woken by loud noise which 'shook houses'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50618956

Laying here in bed, browsing the web..
Marley snoring peacefully on my chest,
one eye checking on me every now and again.
Don't have the heart to disturb him.
(Tbh, quite enjoying the peace of the moment)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet brick box in the very dark and dangerous north. No sonic booms to be herd, not even sonic the hedgehog.

The wonder wheel an impromptu gathering (well 5 of us and a 10 day old baby) at MIL’s came in at an interesting and upwardly mobile 5.8 this am.

A table has been booked for lunchtime in a local hostelry to celebrate what would have been our nephew’s 31st; lost nearly 10 years ago to Cystic Fibrosis - it will be a jolly remembrance. He was the only son of Mrs Miggins’s twin sister - they will be going over to our little house on the prairie for a day or so after lunch for some quiet time together.

Have a great day if you can, celebrate Portugals Restoration of Independence if you can’t. The language is a bit tricky so just get yourself to a nearby Nando.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning good people of this cyber borough. Fbg this Advent Sunday a less than sparkling 5.3 - maybe like Root and Burns it will find some form eventually. Seems quite a few members are ill, waking at odd times, experiencing higher bg than usual, missing loved ones or remembering those rejoicing upon another shore but in a greater light. I hope today and the coming days bring the inner peace, better numbers, wellness, even better wellbeing and generally that of which you feel the lack. I (and Julie) am looking after the granddaughter in yesterday's photo while her dad plays golf and hopefully putting up and decorating our Christmas tree. Seems like a good day to hang on to 1 Thessalonians 5 V 9 in general but especially for here V 11 .

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Simple 6.0 on the sticks this morning and a quiet day ahead. New pc mouse arrived, it has 11 function buttons to play with and program. Although I did slow it down as it was too fast ;)

g205.jpg

Back in the world of normal humans. I have been taking CBD oil for a few weeks, it doesn't have any TCH in it so it's not hallucinogenic (according to the unicorn in the shop). Why would I take it? Part of my autistic co-morbidity is my anxiety, the effects of which can wear me out at times. Since taking the oil my sleep has improved, anxiety levels seem lower, and my lung function is more relaxed. It hasn't affected my BG (maybe a bit lower during the day) and I keep a report for my doc who's aware of what I'm doing.

Thought I'd mention it as drug manufacturers play down the benefits of CBD as they can't make a fortune out of it :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Beginning to think that 4s and low 5s might be the new normal. Also noticed that 2hr after meal BSs are only rising a tiny amount.

Weight has dropped a bit again - which I am happy with as I had gained half a stone this year even though have stayed strictly on 20g carbs.

Will catch up with everyone's posts when we get back from our walk at Blickling Hall. Husband is almost ready and I haven't dried my hair yet.

When I typed husband is........predictive text suggested the next word should be 'impossible'. How did it know that.

Edited to add that I was just joking - he is the best husband ever.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 advent calendars this year - after 64 years without one (may have mentioned that) A cheese one and a snaffling pig crackling one. May need to investigate gin/wine ones to atone.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just realised at the exact time I was woken by 'Plumpy' 04:20 the supersonic planes were flying from north London ...many people phoned the emergency services when the sonic boom was heard thinking it was an explosion...it was heard over Hertfordshire & Cambridge poor Harry I heard him whimpering & put him outside to go for a tiddle when he was scared...I'll make it up to him with a gravy bone his favourite.