What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Made that a winner.
Because the darker the day... The more we need a little light in our lives.

And on a day like yesterday sounds, a little treat sound just the RIGHT thing to take your mind back to a happier place.

No excuses needed for the food choice, I think even the blood score agrees with that.

Have a hug for the day, hope it improves somewhat over the coming weeks or so,
Though I'm guessing many days to follow will be filled with similar downs, Sadly.

THAT WHICH DOESN'T KILL US...MAKES US STRONGER.

Is never truer then when we have to dig in and find the mental fortitude to smile,
in a " is that the best you GOT, Life..?" type of way, as we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down for another crack at doing our very best for those we love most.

A point often over looked when we are too close to the fire.
But you are doing fantastically well
Full credit to you for doing so well...

No you ARE.. Before you quietly answer me back.:)

THIS part of life challenges many, few come away unscathed.
Your doing a great job looking after mums best interests.

Hugs for the the days ahead x
Many thanks, jjraak, for your perceptive and supportive post.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.5 on the dark dawning of what is either the First Day of Winter or Midwinter's Day, always confuses me and it has nothing to do with age. The 8.5 is the result of last night's snack. I need to turn to drink rather than carbs when I crave comfort.

This morning I am comforted and delighted by the wonderful news about your nephew, @jjraak . What a great Christmas gift!

@ianpspurs your granddaughter is lovely.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes we could call it the nightmare kittens before Christmas...they are curled up together fast asleep ATM like two little angels...they don't fool me for a second:angelic::angelic::angelic:
How about just calling it 'cats' I think that has quite a ring to it ;-)

Reactions: geefull

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, @ianpspurs for the compliment

And link not trite... Most informative.

Wish we had known so much more when mum was still at home.
Details like your link would have made such a difference looking back.
Did not understand enough about how bewildering every day things, we normally took for granted could be to those affected.. We tried so hard to keep mum 'settled'.but probably made mum feel , LESS comfortable,if truth be told...the TV and sing song would have been a great idea, if we only thought of it.

Doctors told me it's like a basket of eggs.
The disease just takes one or two away from the top of the pile and as time goes on,
the only ones left are the very early years.

Mum, god rest her, thought she was back in Ireland, at work.. And the nurses in her home were colleagues,.. So she would have the craick with them about just being a little tired and would be down to work her shift in a little while...

Most played along, much to everyone's amusement.:D

There were dark days of course, but I do so remember there being lots of laughter and smile as well.:)

Thank you for your post... It was a timely reminder
made me look back and have a little bathe in some happy memories despite it being a
Most difficult time...:happy:

EDIT.
Popped up to niece's last night... Nephew home, on couch.. Watching football.... Whoop. Whoop.

The boys like to nickname every one..
My dad was Rambo, due to trying to stitch his arm himself..:woot::hilarious:

I'm going to throw in Jack Black's "Tenacious D' as a suggestion.... The sheet tenacity of the boy.
A few weeks back, we were told to consider a priest,.. Yet now.:wideyed::happy:
..a Christmas miracle?

Who knows... We are just grateful to have him back among us, so we do thank God.
The best Christmas present! Great news re your nephew

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening everyone :)

4.7 yesterday, 4.7 today

just back from mum's Sunday dinner, mum cooked a roast dinner :) I had two small roasted spuds so we'll see how that goes :sorry: two and a half years of LC eating and mum is still putting mashed and roast potatoes on my plate, thankfully there was lots of cabbage :hilarious:

I'm in 'drift' mode a bit at the moment I think, every now and again I end up feeling like lots of things are an effort. A touch of burn out perhaps :( and I'm trying to post here at least every second day if I'm not making every day.

Coming here to the society of like minded folks definitely helps, so thank you all :)

I'm going to try to start catching up on reading the bits of thread I've missed now

Hope your day is treating you and yours kindly :)

edited to add @jjraak so glad for the news of your nephew :) home for Christmas
and @ianpspurs expect you will conquer your logistics in your usual effective way and I must say your grandaughter is a sweetheart :)

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today, happy with that. Good day low carb wise yesterday ending with enjoying a few glasses of prosecco with friends. She bought me walnuts to nibble on, so thoughtful. Had a lovely catch up.

Today me and hubby have been bobbing around doing last minute bits this morning, and this afternoon chilling at home watching Christmas movies. Eric wrapping presies, I'm supervising and sorting light refreshments.

Scrooge the original and the best. Starring Alistair Simms. What a wonderful message this film delivers.

Followed by Miracle on 34th street. The court delivers verdict. There is a Santa Claus. In God We Trust proves it, its endorsed by the government and the people on a $1 note. You dont know how relieved I feel at that verdict!

Off to cook dinner. Bolonaise on a bed of cabbage.

I'm caught up with over 200 posts. Such an amazing bunch of people on here.

3 more sleeps folks!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@geefull I'm sorry things are being such an effort for you. Here is a hug
t4615.gif

I think I am in the same boat with you. One that takes so much effort.
t31110.gif

I always enjoy reading your posts. They do me good.

t3813.gif
t3819.gif

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I found your post intriguing, Krystyna23040. I have read lots about how pets are theraputic for people with dementia but never of the effect on pets themselves.
I was really shocked at the way Saffy reacted. She was a brilliant PAT dog and we visited a local hospital every week and a care home so she was well used to being a caring dog. So to completely ignore MIL she must have been really affected by MIL's dementia.

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to the Crematorium early today to lay red flowers for FIL and MIL. Got there and there was a lake several inches deep near our bit, couldn't even get near. It was sad to see Christmas ornaments and tributes floating on the lake. We had to come away with our flowers but could hear MIL saying “never mind you did your best” never said a bad word about anyone ever. Went on to visit elderly uncle and had a lovely time with him and remembering his late wife. She would be so proud of him.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Awake @ 3.40 finally tested @ 4.40 fbg 6.4. All going well today then. Mixed blessing of madness and caring to occupy me whilst the marriage of inconvenience between me and LC undergoes relationship counselling. Julie has to prepare for tests tomorrow by part fasting, drinking vast amounts including odd things to help internal cameras. Chairs, food, presents, crockery, beds to be delivered to Suffolk which will need 2 cars and Julie can't drive for 24 hrs from midnight. All manner of meat to collect 2 days early on the way. Tuesday is final collection of food here, waiting in for amazon to deliver a present No 2 son has sent late in the game then off to Suffolk with 89.9 yo MIL. Back just in time for me to go to hospital Friday 9.00 am _ could have been 3.30 Christmas Eve. Nothing life threatening but not likely to rebuild my trust in this woe and its impact on my bg. 4th Sunday in Advent, which is a time of reflection and hope - the assurance of a promise which will be fulfilled. So, bigger picture son, bigger picture. O Rex Gentium today, Rex Gentium. Psalm 144 13-16
Hope everything goes well. You have a lot going on at the moment.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps for some it's more the spirit that leaves us (that mental awareness state) that makes them unable to recognise us.?

Had heard about the benefits of animals in recovery etc, but like @DJC3 i had never thought of it in the reverse direction of how THEY must struggle to cope at times, when those they look to, become 'lost' to them..:sorry:
. Yes, I think that you are right. MIL always wanted a dog so when we got Saffy she absolutely loved her and looked after her when I was at work. I think Saffy couldn't cope when MIL 's spirit left her and she became 'lost' to Saffy.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in 'drift' mode a bit at the moment I think, every now and again I end up feeling like lots of things are an effort. A touch of burn out perhaps
I wonder if you have been extra busy lately and have overdone it. Hopefully you get a chance to relax over the Christmas holiday.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3