What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do wonder if that time frame coincides with the little visitor that finally caused the problem this summer hitching a ride.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the 'the little visitor hitching a ride ' that finally caused the problem this summer.

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 so back in the 5s which I'm happy with

Jasper Louie has opened his eyes! He has been asleep/in a milk coma since birth.

We had a call on new years day from one of our tenants. Mouse found in bedroom and one in kitchen. Very clean family. House next door was tenanted but being sold now and empty. Just wondering if coming from there. Phoned estate agents to let them know. Went to b and q to get humane mouse traps. Blue lighted to tenant. She is going through house top to bottom. All decs away. Freaked out and I'm not surprised. Yesterdays update. 2 mice caught, one being a baby. Child coat under the stairs has had fir eaten away! Called in the experts who were there almost immediately. Think we got off lightly this year, about 10 years ago we had a fire at one of the houses. Christmas Day! The shower started it. Didnt spread out of bathroom thankfully but still had fire brigade there and all formalities to go though. Can you believe a company of loss assessors turned up at the same time as the firemen!!!!

Apart from that our Christmas and new year has been one of the most peaceful and quiet ever. Normally we play rowdy games for 2 days xmas and boxing day but girls only stayed 1 night and went home early due to my daughter being heavily pregnant and uncomfy. Then she was in hospital for 3 days from 28th and we had our granddaughter. Waiting for 'the call'. New year we were exhausted having had little sleep so we actually got a take away in and scrapped plans to eat out, we were in pjs by 8pm. In bed by 11pm watching TV saying how bl**dy lovely it felt.

Weren't the fireworks spectacular?

Just pottering around this week plus trying to fit 10k steps a day. Managed so far (2 whole days!!!).

Today popping at some point to see our grandchildren (feels wonderful that it's now plural).

@Muddy Cyclist @gennepher great talent, lovely paintings.
@DJC3 sorry about your escapes over xmas but the way you worded it made me laugh
Low carb I find ok but getting bored because I'm too lazy to find new recipes. Today that changes. Diagnosed dec 17 and first 2 xmas I didnt stray. This xmas I did. Not too badly but I surprised myself at how easily I did. A mince pie here and there (small 15g carb ones that didnt put up.my bs!) Honey roast parsnips, stuffing. Couple of pieces of xmas cake, xmas pudding, special nuts (honey roasted mixed with chocolate!) A few chocolates here and there. Blood sugars did ok. Couple of spikes here and there. But I'm focused again so all well. Here is my xmas day graph. Suppose it could have been worse.

Happy Friday to all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200102-230225_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200102-230225_Facebook.jpg
    811.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20200103-010319_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-010319_LibreLink.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 108

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose I was lucky in that I already loved all those things you described so well, all I had to do was remove the Carbs and Cakes, I did like cakes and puddings :( but I am finding some very nice replacement recipes that don't appear to raise my BG. For me the difficult thing is meat, I never was a big meat or fish eater and so the increase in these foods still proves difficult and maintaining weight is not easy, thank goodness for nuts and 90% chocolate, 100% is still a step too far for the difference to be gained on the carb count.

Of course there are other benefits to weight loss, hills have become a breeze on my Muddy Mountain Bike rides.:happy:
Meat is a problem for me also. I do eat meat but only in small amounts and not every day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh what a tale with Dennis I was very tempted to give a hug but howled with laughter at your relief Dennis cannot climb the curtains & the great escapes...had a wonderful time at Christmas & my birthday just one more birthday lunch tomorrow with friends in London taking 'plumpy' with me...one of my friends is an ex-New Yorker now living n London her aunt comes over during Christmas time & they just love Harry...I sometimes think he is invited & I go along as his chauffeur;)

Hope you have a good lunch and catch up with your friend. I approve of birthday celebrations that last at least a week. How lovely that you can take ‘Plumpy’ with you too. He must be a very well behaved chap. I’m looking forward to the day we can take D with us for a meal. There are so many dog friendly places in Cornwall but he has a tendency to ‘mark his territory’ . Not sure restaurant owners would be impressed. He’s getting better at staying 4 paws on the floor though, so I’m not giving up on the idea yet.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m looking forward to the day we can take D with us for a meal.
Our Labradors absolutely love going with us for a meal. They are very well behaved - although that might have something to do with the fact that they know that a restaurant sized portion of meat, fish or chicken is way too large for me and they sit patiently waiting for their share of it.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are so many dog friendly places in Cornwall but he has a tendency to ‘mark his territory
Dennis will get there DJC 'Plumpy' was an absolute nightmare as a puppy & adolescent...he would create havoc at the local park...when we first went to my friends they fell in love with him despite him charging around the place...fortunately they have a massive apartment in the old Spratt's Dog Biscuit factory so a huge space for him to enjoy...Dennis sounds like our kind of dog what a marvellous personality & character he has.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning, goodbye, good skating! :D

g59011.gif
Hello there SaskiaKC. Could this be a Thomas Kinkade? Not seen this picture before but reminds me of his style.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can almost see Dennis growing in real time. Each day he can reach something else so I’m having to put things higher and higher to keep out of his reach
As an afterthought DJCI should tell you my friend has said they are leaving their Christmas tree up an extra day...why...in case Harry wants to pee on it...on his first visit three years ago he peed on their tree they thought it was hilarious...I was mortified!

Reactions: DJC3

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found this site on Shepherd @True Blue
Maybe your print there
I love steam trains, old aeroplanes and ferry boats.

https://www.davidshepherd.com/davidshepherd-trains.html
hello @gennepher , thank you for the link. Yes the fine image is there, but at a price. I'm thinking also of a print of the Kennington Oval Ashes test match, from a long time ago. The latter is on eBay for not much ££. My sitting room wall gets a lot of sunlight, so I'm cautious about hanging something expensive.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.3 at 0800 woke late shaking from a terrible nightmare. It was because @Muddy Cyclist my T2 monster lurked big time yesterday resulting in 4 Purples from the Quality Street tub. Why did I go in to the boys area and why did I think it was ok. The monster said “look at all those Purples which used to be your favourite, now noone wanrs them”. Scoffed them fast just in case. They werent nice, too sweet and I felt terrible for being such an idiot. Have put a virtual no go, danger tape over the threshold. Sorry Purples, you’re on your own now.

I love the purples too, but agree...they are too sweet now and not enjoyable.
I think you have exiled them forever now...
Hugs.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not a bad sleep but feeling the effects of my carb fest over the last week or so... one more lunch with friends tomorrow then I can get back to normal whatever that is...had a major tidy yesterday my housekeeping sensibilities had lapsed during the holiday period it was the 'oh well it's Christmas' laissez-faire approach...now there's no excuse so I set to yesterday despite that there seems to be a collection of multi coloured mice & cat toys all over the house in addition to the teeny tiny mini cat biscuits they throw about with abandon...the joys of kitten hood (and they are a joy) watching them in full flight ATM wish I had a tenth of their energy...woke to a 6.6.

Now I know why I suddenly felt so energized and inspired to clean my apartment yesterday! :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8 for me this morning. At least it isn't a 10 on this 10th Day of Christmas. :)
The heavy rain is letting up, which is great, because I have to go out grocery shopping.
Happy 10th Day of Christmas! :)

10_lords.gif
Happy 10th day ...really like that cartoon. I went grocery shopping this morning and found it almost impossible to know what to buy.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Grey and a bit drizzly, but not cold. Saving on the gas bill.

Cold turkey day three. Not exactly Lords A'leepin', but a straight 8.0. which is 1.1 lower than yesterday so the booze-free glass is half full.

Lots of painting talk. I want a print of a Shepherd last days of steam, engine shed, Eastleigh(?) locos in steam, shiny rails, slight echo of the Turner "Fighting Temeraire". Can't find this print anywhere. Did I dream it? (Yes I am a railway nerd).

I wish you and my father could have met. He loved steam locomotives and traveling by train, and had some books with wonderful prints.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hello @gennepher , thank you for the link. Yes the fine image is there, but at a price. I'm thinking also of a print of the Kennington Oval Ashes test match, from a long time ago. The latter is on eBay for not much ££. My sitting room wall gets a lot of sunlight, so I'm cautious about hanging something expensive.
Yes it will fade in sun.
Better something more replaceable if in direct sunlight!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy 10th day ...really like that cartoon. I went grocery shopping this morning and found it almost impossible to know what to buy.

You just posted the thought that was in my head -- I have no idea what to buy. I don't know what to eat anymore. When I tried LCHF my weight went down (good), BP went down (also good), but my LDL went up (bad).

t4615.gif
for the shopping;
t4615.gif
for the nightmare.
I wish we could walk the aisles together -- at least we could discuss the nutrition labels, and hopefully figure out that at least some of the food is
t2761.gif

Reactions: trick60