What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs and @PenguinMum I have never had any but orange marmalade. I loved it and I miss it. Lime marmalade sounds even better -- lime is one of my second-favorite flavors, right below chocolate.
Lemon and lime marmalade is my absolute favourite. I have not had any since diabetes @SaskiaKC
It is also the jar I love. It has a raised pattern on it, which I think you can just about see in this image. It looks very attractive empty!

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...fYgMY51g,prmr:1,pid:12549657088133054576,cs:1

Sorry about this long link!!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lemon and lime marmalade is my absolute favourite. I have not had any since diabetes @SaskiaKC
It is also the jar I love. It has a raised pattern on it, which I think you can just about see in this image. It looks very attractive empty!

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...fYgMY51g,prmr:1,pid:12549657088133054576,cs:1

Sorry about this long link!!!

Thank you for the link. I could not see it but it did link me to this:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=s...X&ved=0ahUKEwjR3bTc2OjmAhWqnuAKHXCHBS4QoCgIFg

Where I saw these:

shopping
shopping

Are they the right ones? They are pretty. :)

They made me think of women's clothes, which used to have such pretty trimmings and buttons and things, and now are just so utilitarian. I'm thinking rick-rack and smocking and just '40s and '50 clothes I guess, and a pretty footed jam jar that we had at home.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, it’s one of those nights that fools you into thinking that it’s time to get up but the world is still sleeping all around you.

Anyhow, the wonder wheel of nothing but Carnivour came it at 4.7 this early o’clock.

Yesterday was a carnivour day - an omelette with cheese for lunch and a few meatballs with eggs for dinner. Oh!, and a handful of pork scratchings during the last episode of the Dracula mish mash on the beeb last night.

The grandchildren are going home today, we will be meeting parents half way in what looks like some dodgy child swap. It’s been nice having them. There is a rumor that this sort of thing keeps you young but it’s quite exhausting - a pair of bewilderingly identical two year olds and their 4 year old sister for a week, without their parents, is like living in an episode of The Outer Limits.

Have a great day if you can, pack away all your Christmas paraphernalia if you get bored.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the link. I could not see it but it did link me to this:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=s...X&ved=0ahUKEwjR3bTc2OjmAhWqnuAKHXCHBS4QoCgIFg

Where I saw these:

shopping
shopping

Are they the right ones? They are pretty. :)

They made me think of women's clothes, which used to have such pretty trimmings and buttons and things, and now are just so utilitarian. I'm thinking rick-rack and smocking and just '40s and '50 clothes I guess, and a pretty footed jam jar that we had at home.
I should have taken a screen shot @SaskiaKC
Yes you got the right one. Rose's is it. But most of the photos look slightly orange to me , and it looks attractive in its shade of green.
Taken a screenshot...
IMG_04012020_045054_(2432_x_5000_pixel).jpg

Yes you are right, everything is utility now.
I love special jars with that bit of extra with the jar, and save them all and re use them for storage, or I make a gift with them, put something special in them.

I remember ric-rac braid, smocking, and that extra little detail put on clothes. I still have a bag of different braids in my sewing box, including ric-rac braids of all colours.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an early start for me off to London with 'Plumpy' around 10:30...quite a bit to do before I leave the kitten sitter Liv my little neighbour is in charge of feeding & entertaining them...no doubt she can't wait to get her hands on them & will spoil them terribly...getting back on a even keel with the low carbing I know it will take a good week or so to get my numbers down again but fairly philosophical about that...could have done with an extra hour or two in bad...sipping my coffee slowly enjoying the entertainment watching the curtains twitch furiously as they are being climbed:banghead::banghead::banghead:...woke to a 6.6

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. It's the weekend. Yippee! Lots of family time, leisure time and ..............oh yes..footie time!!!
Since the League has gone we still have three cups to win.

My cup runneth over, with slimline tonic and bitters. My FBG 8.1 mmo/lt at 0600, Might be some MP in that, broken sleep reason unknown.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Weekend, everyone! :)
@HarryBeau I hope you and Plumpy enjoy your trip to London. I know Liv and Charlie and Lola will have fun.
@gennepher I need to get with you sometime ... I need to learn how to do a screenshot ... :)
A three- hour nap this evening left me wide awake but it is now nearly 2:00 so I will try to go to bed.
Later! :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you and Plumpy enjoy your trip to London. I know Liv and Charlie and Lola will have fun.
Thanks Saskia yes I expect Liv is awaiting our departure rubbing her little hands together so they're hers for the day...two new laser wands arrived yesterday so I suspect much of her time will be spent playing with those...I feel fortunate to have her (supervised by her mum) looking after them she loves them & that's reciprocated.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg somewhere amongst a range of readings from 5.3 to 6.4, stopping at 6.2 and all stations to whereabouts unknown. Month long "best rest incase" advice followed and getting as close to carni as I can tolerate pretty dismal failure IMHO. A full blood count may reveal something different if'n I needed more white noise. @gennepher I loved those jars as well as the content. @dunelm fbg tickety boo, week with grandchildren = priceless. @OldButBold hugs for fbg "anomaly" - a wise old owl reckons crumpets are the way forward. @Krystyna23040 thanks for a glimpse of your menus - if you don't want to go public with your data ( height, weight) a PM with that + amounts of chicken and veggies (if known obs) would be amazingly helpful. Seeing pics on the "What have you eaten today" thread seems to me all the superstars have dolls plates and are hobbit sized with sparrow portions - (obviously not you @PenguinMum or @DJC3 :angelic: ) . I too have noticed cholesterol rises with weight loss - at sub 73 kgs (bmi 21.6) with lots of IF and fasting it is too high for my liking.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher[/USER] I need to get with you sometime ... I need to learn how to do a screenshot ... :)
A three- hour nap this evening left me wide awake but it is now nearly 2:00 so I will try to go to bed.
Later! :)

Okay @SaskiaKC message me with your phone details eg is it Android. Or you can do screenshots from tablet (again is it Android or Apple) or you can do screenshots from your laptop.

Just message me and we will get there!

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting today...
IMG_04012020_075850_(750_x_1000_pixel).jpg

I was so engrossed I forgot to drink my coffee as you can see!

It is too expensive to keep painting on 300gsm paper A3 sized, although I am enjoying painting big (my usual paintings are 7"x5" or even smaller). Going to order some A4 sized mixed media spiral pads 220gsm in a minute. So will be painting big until they arrive.

It took me an hour to do, but I am hoping painting smaller won't take me longer. You can be free and expressive and paint with wild abandon (!!!) when painting big!!!

I forgot to say I used acrylics! So just editing to say this!

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting today...
View attachment 37617
I was so engrossed I forgot to drink my coffee as you can see!

It is too expensive to keep painting on 300gsm paper A3 sized, although I am enjoying painting big (my usual paintings are 7"x5" or even smaller). Going to order some A4 sized mixed media spiral pads 220gsm in a minute. So will be painting big until they arrive.

It took me an hour to do, but I am hoping painting smaller won't take me longer. You can be free and expressive and paint with wild abandon (!!!) when painting big!!!
Another winner @gennepher did you use acrylics?

I agree about expens, art material is so expensive and if you buy very cheap not so nice to use. I will stick to my A5 for daily paintings but you are right bigger does allow you to be free and expressive, my best life class drawings were A1 with large brushes or large pieces of oil pastels.

Today I have to start doing some Seascape sketches for my big watercolour commission, not yet in the mood, another cup of coffee I think.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, there are some very artistic and creative people on here, that's very impressive gen, "just something I knocked up in an hour" love it, stunning skills.

5.2 on the dice.
I was a roses lime marmalade fan as a kid, but progressed onto the hard stuff "oxford thick cut" later in life. Now toast is a treat in itself, without the marmalade.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 after a late sleep. Probs need lc toast and fast!
I bought this half sugar marmalade in the “early weeks” but as I learned more it has never been opened and is now out of date. They have changed the jar to straight sides now so another reason to ignore it!

8B9D2923-A456-467B-8C69-BED8292B3866.jpeg

@DJC3 have you ever tried the Sea Dod choc by Montezuma ref in The Lime Barrel Appreciation Society, cant believe there is one.
@HarryBeau have a great day out with Plumpy hope you all have fun, I think Liv and the kittens will. @OldButBold there is no understanding why this happens, just need to go on your merry way. @gennepher another fab painting I can feel the cool among the trees.
@dunelm sounds like you and Mrs Dunelm need a quiet day.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today
Yesterday was cheese and mushroom omelette
Aldi choc n nut bar 5.9g
Naked chicken and donner kebab with chili sauce and garlic mayo.
Always up slightly morning after due to protein amount. But I'm not eating a naan bread which would have about 80g carbs!!! Its like eating cardboard anyway so I dont miss them.

Read article which I found quite interesting For info:

https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-5-14

I'm doing a social media blog friends and acquaintances that might want to lose a few lb the LC way or control blood sugars. More time consuming than I anticipated. But happy to help. Getting lots of thank you messages so the posts are helping.

Will catch up on thread later today.

Happy Saturday folks