What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
t3304.gif

Happy Birthday, @dogslife !
I am trying this on my phone for the first time. I wish you a lovely day.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.7 on the dice today. The dreaded return to work, work the curse of the drinking class people, it'll be good to catch up with workmates but over the last 10 or 15 years sitework has lost something, a little less craic, certainly fewer apprentice trained tradesmen but plenty more labourers and mates doing qualified work unsupervised, but as long as we stick to the programme eh. Good job I'm not bitter.

Anyways enough of my misery, welcome to the thread where it's all at @Auto E please ignore my ramblings, it's just the first day back to work blues.

Many happy returns @dogslife have a lovely day.

TTFN

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...back to normal week & first visit to the anti-coagulant clinic this year...hoping for a decent INR level but not expecting one lots of changes to my diet over the holidays we shall see...missed lots of posts will catch up later need to feed two wailing kittens wh are obviously starving...woke to a 6.8

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone,

FBG at 6.7 mm0/lt at 0600. Yes FBG is falling but I'm feeling a bit wrung out/and hungry so it will be two eggs plus some bacon/sausage/mushroom for a big breakfast in a short while.

Back to work for many today. Hope that goes well.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of quite a late night and sipping a bit of Sencha Fukujyu (Japanese green tea) came in at 4.6 this a.m.

No English Breakfast tea for now. I like it with milk and don’t want to break my fast until noon, hence the Japanese green tea. Tastes very smooth with a grassy back note. Like all good green and white teas, you can re-infuse it about 4 times throughout the day so the caffeine content tapers off towards evening. I buy my white and green teas online from a place in Edinburgh called pekoetea if anyone is interested.
Appointment with Lara the Lung nurse today for an asthma review - merely routine. It flagged up on my repeat prescription page on the surgery website yesterday and I managed to snag an appointment slot for early afternoon.
Happy Birthday @dogslife, I hope that your day is good for you. Welcome @Auto E, hope things go well with the endocrinologist.

Have a great day if you can, grind your koffy beans a little different if you can’t - it does change the flavour.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.7 today, hmmm, now that's about the fourth of those numbers in succession shoulder I start to be suspicious of my pet Dracula?

Happy Birthday @dogslife, Have a great day. Welcome @Auto E, great support here on this thread and I hope things go well with your endocrinologist.

@trick60 I used to so dislike first days back after the Christmas break and I worked from home as a self employed person. Take care wherever you are working and travelling.

Be kind to yourselves today.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning.

Back to work today after the Christmas break. Am actually looking forward to it. I did wonder if I would as I have really enjoyed the break. So definitely not ready to retire yet - even though I am well past retirement age.

Maybe it's the people I would miss if l did retire. Some of them have been coming for years and years. Also I am sure that the teaching keeps my brain and body in good working order.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7
A much better number.
I must try and keep in the 6's but aim is lower...

Awake early, as usual. Done my daily painting challenge to myself.
I really enjoyed today's painting. It flowed so easily and effortlessly.
By the way, when I paint trees, be it in watercolour or acrylics, I paint them upside down. I turn the paper upside down before I paint them, and I am pulling the brush or palette knife, on the paper, towards me. And it creates a much better tree.
I actually like my painting today (I still don't like yesterday's painting I did). Today is A3 sized and in acrylics.

Happy Birthday @dogslife
Hugs for all those who have to return to work...
Hugs for all newcomers...
Hugs for anyone else who is in need of one for whatever reason...
Enjoy the day!!!
8DAB12B4-4F41-4D03-A546-E4BC63F8B88E.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7
A much better number.

By the way, when I paint trees, be it in watercolour or acrylics, I paint them upside down. I turn the paper upside down before I paint them, and I am pulling the brush or palette knife, on the paper, towards me. And it creates a much better tree.
I actually like my painting today (I still don't like yesterday's painting I did). Today is A3 sized and in acrylics.

Happy Birthday @dogslife
Enjoy the day!!!
View attachment 37668
Captured winter woodland perfectly @gennepher I like it a lot the colour of the light is spot on. Glad you are happy with the picture today and so you should be.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @dogslife. Fbg of 6.2 for me. Nothing for me to be positive about in the WOE at the moment. Not surprised really, latest newsletter from D.co.uk proclaims: Low Carb Program ... demonstrated through the 1 year outcomes, with 1 in 4 people putting their type 2 diabetes into remission. Doesn't that mean 75% failure rate? I should actually be surprised when it "works" according to that. Welcome @Auto E these are really good people here and your numbers look fine. Hope you settle in here for the long run.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A disastrous 7.9 for me after a new dinner that turned out to be way too carby. It was W Teriyaki marinated stir fry steak which I combined with slices of red and yellow peppers. Mr PM had noodles and I had Endame Noodles by World Cuisine (small portion) but this dinner will never be repeated. I will marinate my own steak in future.
Anyway I am on it now. Frugal days or two ahead.
@dogslife happy birthday to you. @HarryBeau good luck at the clinic. @Auto E welcome to the best thread. @trick60 and @Krystyna23040 hope your first day back to work is good.
Have a good start to the first proper week. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7
A much better number.

Happy Birthday @dogslife
Enjoy the day!!!
View attachment 37668
A wonderful winter scene; colour, light, great feeling and thanks for the tip about upside down trees - will try and remember that.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a pleasant surprise in the tea aisle at the grocery store this afternoon. They now have peppermint tea, red (rooibos?) tea, and Oolong!!!!! I was going to buy a box of teabags but I could not make up my mind between all those. Come to think of it, I didn't see a box of one of my favorites, Darjeeling.
I don't make proper tea anyway, I usually get decaf, and bags, instead of loose tea to be actually brewed. But I have one bag of tea left from my last tea-shopping trip, and I am going to try it tomorrow, two sips black first, then with milk added to see if I like it. It is English Breakfast tea, another favorite of mine.

Good luck, it takes some perseverance, and like you I stopped drinking tea for a bit as I didn’t like it without sugar. Keep going though and you will get there, you have overcome bigger obstacles than this.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke to a 5.3 Happy with that. Today we are off to stay at our favourite hotel ( The Headland on Fistral beach Newquay) for Mr C’s birthday. His birthday isn’t til tomorrow but we are heading up to London early Wed for my 6monthly scan and we didn’t want to rush off early from the hotel.
Have a good first day back at work @trick60 @True Blue @Krystyna23040
Hope your appointments go well @HarryBeau and @dunelm
@gennepher a fabulous painting again, I’m loving this challenge you’ve set yourself
@PenguinMum hugs for the surprise fbg I think we’ve all done it, nothing to do but move on like you said, but it is so frustrating.
I’d like to add my welcome to @Auto E and my Happy Birthday wishes to @dogslife

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this fine morning. Today I officially became a pensioner (other titles are available), my bus pass is winging its way to me as I write. On the bad side, I have put on 2.5kg in 6 weeks so I need to sort that out. Anyway, you all have a fine day :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this fine morning. Today I officially became a pensioner (other titles are available), my bus pass is winging its way to me as I write. On the bad side, I have put on 2.5kg in 6 weeks so I need to sort that out. Anyway, you all have a fine day :)
Congrats and I hope you and your bus pass have many happy adventures, Lady Penelope allowing :) of course.