What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke to a 5.3 Happy with that. Today we are off to stay at our favourite hotel ( The Headland on Fistral beach Newquay) for Mr C’s birthday. His birthday isn’t til tomorrow but we are heading up to London early Wed for my 6monthly scan and we didn’t want to rush off early from the hotel.
Have a good first day back at work @trick60 @True Blue @Krystyna23040
Hope your appointments go well @HarryBeau and @dunelm
@gennepher a fabulous painting again, I’m loving this challenge you’ve set yourself
@PenguinMum hugs for the surprise fbg I think we’ve all done it, nothing to do but move on like you said, but it is so frustrating.
I’d like to add my welcome to @Auto E and my Happy Birthday wishes to @dogslife
Have a great mini break at the Headland (owned by same family as the Watergate Bay) been there but not stayed. I gather they now have self catering cottages on site also. The originalbuilding is besutiful and very grand. Envious!
Wishing you well for your check up in London later in the week.

Reactions: trick60 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke to a 5.3 Happy with that. Today we are off to stay at our favourite hotel ( The Headland on Fistral beach Newquay) for Mr C’s birthday. His birthday isn’t til tomorrow but we are heading up to London early Wed for my 6monthly scan and we didn’t want to rush off early from the hotel.
Have a good first day back at work @trick60 @True Blue @Krystyna23040
Hope your appointments go well @HarryBeau and @dunelm
@gennepher a fabulous painting again, I’m loving this challenge you’ve set yourself
@PenguinMum hugs for the surprise fbg I think we’ve all done it, nothing to do but move on like you said, but it is so frustrating.
I’d like to add my welcome to @Auto E and my Happy Birthday wishes to @dogslife
Have a great time at the hotel and I will be thinking of you tomorrow. @PenguinMum hug for the disappointing fbg after choosing a meal carefully. Epiphany today but rather than a sudden understanding I reckon (although profane in many places) this is where I and many others are at with this - also very appropriate for NFL playoffs. (If it is taken down look up the Inch by Inch speech from Any Given Sunday. I used this with Y13 students when offers from Unis came back)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday dogslife xx
FB_IMG_1555399305591.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this fine morning. Today I officially became a pensioner (other titles are available), my bus pass is winging its way to me as I write. On the bad side, I have put on 2.5kg in 6 weeks so I need to sort that out. Anyway, you all have a fine day :)
Congratulations on becoming a pensioner, it’s not as bad as it seems and certainly more interesting than being a teenager (I think, but then I can’t remember). Try writing things down and then trying to remember where you left your note. Enjoy the bus pass.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold congratulations on becoming a pensioner - am I right to assume happy birthday is in order? Either way, yesterday we had several 80 YO s and a 90 YO going strong (having survived a variety of threats to their life) and enjoying life; so plenty to be optimistic about. (Yes, the irony of who is posting this is not lost on me) Have a great day

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a great mini break at the Headland (owned by same family as the Watergate Bay) been there but not stayed. I gather they now have self catering cottages on site also. The originalbuilding is besutiful and very grand. Envious!
Wishing you well for your check up in London later in the week.

It’s lovely there isn’t it? We rent a cottage there each November for their Storm watching breaks. The cottages are fabulous too. Youngest daughter used to work there so could always get us upgrades and sometimes we used her ‘friends and family’ allowance. She’s moved on but we still love it.
Thanks for the good wishes.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s lovely there isn’t it? We rent a cottage there each November for their Storm watching breaks. The cottages are fabulous too. Youngest daughter used to work there so could always get us upgrades and sometimes we used her ‘friends and family’ allowance. She’s moved on but we still love it.
Thanks for the good wishes.
Oh I like the idea of storm watching! Btw I am wrong re shared ownership with WB.
Enjoy every minute.

Reactions: jjraak and DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

3.9 today

within the margin of error but had a couple of berries and a cube of cheese just in case :)

It's really mild here again.

Was helping mr gee assemble a rack of shelves for in the end of the storage area earlier this morning. Much 'hold this there' and a little 'mumble curse mumble' and these things always take longer than you think ;)

Just made soup for lunch so I'm off to call mr gee in from the headlamp checking and possibly repair (he thinks it's a dodgy connection at the back of the unit so he's got his head under the bonnet and his multimeter in hand), :sorry: I'm staying out of the way :hilarious:

Happy birthday @dogslife and hopes for a good year in prospect :)
@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist I'm enjoying the art show :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning-afternoon, everyone. :) 7.3 this morning, and already I can hear the enemy prowling the corridor. I am prepped for invasion today. The threatened Christmastime maintenance upgrades held off 'til last Friday but though noisy was not long-lived.

@Auto E Welcome to the thread!
c0109.gif

@trick60 , @True Blue , @Krystyna23040 I hope your workdays are going well.

@OldButBold Congratulations on your bus pass. Enjoy! :)

@DJC3 I hope you and Mr C are enjoying your stay. Hugs and best wishes for your appointment on Wednesday
t4615.gif

and thanks for your tip about tea. I am enjoying a mug of English Breakfast this morning -- first sip black, continued with added milk. It is very good. Now to try the same experiment with different teas.
Happy Birthday to Mr C

t3339.gif

@dunelm I hope your appointment with Lara the Lung nurse is going/went very well. Thank you for the info about ordering tea online. I would like to find a variety pack to continue my experimenting.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7
A much better number.
I must try and keep in the 6's but aim is lower...

Awake early, as usual. Done my daily painting challenge to myself.
I really enjoyed today's painting. It flowed so easily and effortlessly.
By the way, when I paint trees, be it in watercolour or acrylics, I paint them upside down. I turn the paper upside down before I paint them, and I am pulling the brush or palette knife, on the paper, towards me. And it creates a much better tree.
I actually like my painting today (I still don't like yesterday's painting I did). Today is A3 sized and in acrylics.

Happy Birthday @dogslife
Hugs for all those who have to return to work...
Hugs for all newcomers...
Hugs for anyone else who is in need of one for whatever reason...
Enjoy the day!!!
View attachment 37668

Beautiful. Thank you for posting it.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning-afternoon, everyone. :) 7.3 this morning, and already I can hear the enemy prowling the corridor. I am prepped for invasion today. The threatened Christmastime maintenance upgrades held off 'til last Friday but though noisy was not long-lived.

@Auto E Welcome to the thread!
c0109.gif

@trick60 , @True Blue , @Krystyna23040 I hope your workdays are going well.

@OldButBold Congratulations on your bus pass. Enjoy! :)

@DJC3 I hope you and Mr C are enjoying your stay. Hugs and best wishes for your appointment on Wednesday
t4615.gif

and thanks for your tip about tea. I am enjoying a mug of English Breakfast this morning -- first sip black, continued with added milk. It is very good. Now to try the same experiment with different teas.
Happy Birthday to Mr C

t3339.gif

@dunelm I hope your appointment with Lara the Lung nurse is going/went very well. Thank you for the info about ordering tea online. I would like to find a variety pack to continue my experimenting.

Thank you very much. I’m glad the tea experiment is going well so far. My appointment is actually on Thursday but it’s a good 5 hr drive up to London from here so we are driving up Wednesday. Starting to get v anxious as always beforehand.
I will pass on your kind bday wishes to MrC
I’m so glad your maintenance work wasn’t too horrendous this time. What a relief.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another rushed painting today. I'm having one of those days when you don't seem to be achieving anything although seem to be very busy and the day seems to be slipping away, hate that type of day.

So A5 again, watercolour, 25 mins and from my memory of a walk along the river Lyn in Devon last year but with loads of artistic license :joyful:

IMG_2388.JPG

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3