1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

t3304.gif
    Happy Birthday, @dogslife !
    I am trying this on my phone for the first time. I wish you a lovely day.

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning/evening folks, a 5.7 on the dice today. The dreaded return to work, work the curse of the drinking class people, it'll be good to catch up with workmates but over the last 10 or 15 years sitework has lost something, a little less craic, certainly fewer apprentice trained tradesmen but plenty more labourers and mates doing qualified work unsupervised, but as long as we stick to the programme eh. Good job I'm not bitter.

Anyways enough of my misery, welcome to the thread where it's all at @Auto E please ignore my ramblings, it's just the first day back to work blues.

Many happy returns @dogslife have a lovely day.

TTFN

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.8 when woke up at 3.40 am arghh long day ahead

• Hug Hug x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...back to normal week & first visit to the anti-coagulant clinic this year...hoping for a decent INR level but not expecting one lots of changes to my diet over the holidays we shall see...missed lots of posts will catch up later need to feed two wailing kittens wh are obviously starving...woke to a 6.8

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. True Blue

True Blue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone,

FBG at 6.7 mm0/lt at 0600. Yes FBG is falling but I'm feeling a bit wrung out/and hungry so it will be two eggs plus some bacon/sausage/mushroom for a big breakfast in a short while.

Back to work for many today. Hope that goes well.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of quite a late night and sipping a bit of Sencha Fukujyu (Japanese green tea) came in at 4.6 this a.m.

No English Breakfast tea for now. I like it with milk and don’t want to break my fast until noon, hence the Japanese green tea. Tastes very smooth with a grassy back note. Like all good green and white teas, you can re-infuse it about 4 times throughout the day so the caffeine content tapers off towards evening. I buy my white and green teas online from a place in Edinburgh called pekoetea if anyone is interested.
    Appointment with Lara the Lung nurse today for an asthma review - merely routine. It flagged up on my repeat prescription page on the surgery website yesterday and I managed to snag an appointment slot for early afternoon.
    Happy Birthday @dogslife, I hope that your day is good for you. Welcome @Auto E, hope things go well with the endocrinologist.

Have a great day if you can, grind your koffy beans a little different if you can’t - it does change the flavour.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morning and a 5.7 today, hmmm, now that's about the fourth of those numbers in succession shoulder I start to be suspicious of my pet Dracula?

Happy Birthday @dogslife, Have a great day. Welcome @Auto E, great support here on this thread and I hope things go well with your endocrinologist.

@trick60 I used to so dislike first days back after the Christmas break and I worked from home as a self employed person. Take care wherever you are working and travelling.

Be kind to yourselves today.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.3 this morning.

Back to work today after the Christmas break. Am actually looking forward to it. I did wonder if I would as I have really enjoyed the break. So definitely not ready to retire yet - even though I am well past retirement age.

Maybe it's the people I would miss if l did retire. Some of them have been coming for years and years. Also I am sure that the teaching keeps my brain and body in good working order.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fbg 6.7
    A much better number.
    I must try and keep in the 6's but aim is lower...

Awake early, as usual. Done my daily painting challenge to myself.
    I really enjoyed today's painting. It flowed so easily and effortlessly.
    By the way, when I paint trees, be it in watercolour or acrylics, I paint them upside down. I turn the paper upside down before I paint them, and I am pulling the brush or palette knife, on the paper, towards me. And it creates a much better tree.
    I actually like my painting today (I still don't like yesterday's painting I did). Today is A3 sized and in acrylics.

Happy Birthday @dogslife
    Hugs for all those who have to return to work...
    Hugs for all newcomers...
    Hugs for anyone else who is in need of one for whatever reason...
    Enjoy the day!!!
    8DAB12B4-4F41-4D03-A546-E4BC63F8B88E.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Captured winter woodland perfectly @gennepher I like it a lot the colour of the light is spot on. Glad you are happy with the picture today and so you should be.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Happy birthday @dogslife. Fbg of 6.2 for me. Nothing for me to be positive about in the WOE at the moment. Not surprised really, latest newsletter from D.co.uk proclaims: Low Carb Program ... demonstrated through the 1 year outcomes, with 1 in 4 people putting their type 2 diabetes into remission. Doesn't that mean 75% failure rate? I should actually be surprised when it "works" according to that. Welcome @Auto E these are really good people here and your numbers look fine. Hope you settle in here for the long run.

• Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    #15351 ianpspurs, Jan 6, 2020 at 7:44 AM
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  12. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. A disastrous 7.9 for me after a new dinner that turned out to be way too carby. It was W Teriyaki marinated stir fry steak which I combined with slices of red and yellow peppers. Mr PM had noodles and I had Endame Noodles by World Cuisine (small portion) but this dinner will never be repeated. I will marinate my own steak in future.
    Anyway I am on it now. Frugal days or two ahead.
    @dogslife happy birthday to you. @HarryBeau good luck at the clinic. @Auto E welcome to the best thread. @trick60 and @Krystyna23040 hope your first day back to work is good.
    Have a good start to the first proper week. Stay well, stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

A wonderful winter scene; colour, light, great feeling and thanks for the tip about upside down trees - will try and remember that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Good luck, it takes some perseverance, and like you I stopped drinking tea for a bit as I didn’t like it without sugar. Keep going though and you will get there, you have overcome bigger obstacles than this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  15. PenguinMum

Morning @gennepher and thank you for the lovely painting of trees.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Woke to a 5.3 Happy with that. Today we are off to stay at our favourite hotel ( The Headland on Fistral beach Newquay) for Mr C’s birthday. His birthday isn’t til tomorrow but we are heading up to London early Wed for my 6monthly scan and we didn’t want to rush off early from the hotel.
    Have a good first day back at work @trick60 @True Blue @Krystyna23040
    Hope your appointments go well @HarryBeau and @dunelm
    @gennepher a fabulous painting again, I’m loving this challenge you’ve set yourself
    @PenguinMum hugs for the surprise fbg I think we’ve all done it, nothing to do but move on like you said, but it is so frustrating.
    I’d like to add my welcome to @Auto E and my Happy Birthday wishes to @dogslife

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  17. OldButBold

OldButBold Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.1 this fine morning. Today I officially became a pensioner (other titles are available), my bus pass is winging its way to me as I write. On the bad side, I have put on 2.5kg in 6 weeks so I need to sort that out. Anyway, you all have a fine day :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Hug Hug x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gennepher

Good morning @PenguinMum
    And thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  19. gennepher

Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
    This one makes me happy :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. PenguinMum

Congrats and I hope you and your bus pass have many happy adventures, Lady Penelope allowing :) of course.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook