Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Work for me today too. Not looking fed to the trains but my sugars will thank me for routine.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m back to work tomorrow and so not looking forward to it!! However, coming from a farming background and with a SIL a hospital lab manager a number of my friends and relatives, inc hubby, have had to work through Christmas and New Year so I shouldn’t complain.

Reactions: Juicyj and Diakat

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, monday morning and everyone seems to be back at work (except Daphne) - or at school, morning 'rush' hour traffic back to normal............well at least my bloods are stable, unfortunately stubbornly at around the 11/12 mark, still waiting for the breakfast correction to kick in.........!

Reactions: Diakat and Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Really really late Happy New Year from me, just back from a very last minute ski holiday, had some great snow in the alps with sunshine so back ready to face another year !!

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really really late Happy New Year from me, just back from a very last minute ski holiday, had some great snow in the alps with sunshine so back ready to face another year !!

where in the Alps did you go, not envious one bit.......:meh:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
where in the Alps did you go, not envious one bit.......:meh:

Lol !! We tried a little known place called Orelle which had a 15 min ski lift into Val Thorens and the 3 valleys so got access to a huge area - it was a really last minute as cheap as we could do it, so channel tunnel drive and self catered accommodation, very few English people there only met one family from London.

Reactions: Marie 2

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Survived the first day back yesterday. Mostly higher than I wanted but it’s ok. Kids still off here which is a bit of a pain with work.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all......not really had much time off work over the xmas period. Garages do not tend to shut much :(. Had a few customers comment on how much time we did have off (REALLY!!)

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
Diabetes not bad, 9.8 this morning and I was only high yesterday from eating congee.
I tried the vibration alarms for Dexcom and I quite like it for the “about to go low”, of course urgent low will be the demonic noise you can hear from across the room.
Ladies, do yall go to sleep without pj pants on, like letting your legs run free and just feel the bed sheets? Royal Mail delivery man got a good look this morning but I was too lazy to put anything on and he came at a time I was still half asleep.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello old friends and new. I hope you are well! x

I am back (again).

Lil man is 4 months now, blood sugars are settling down and I have even managed to move house! So it has been a crazy few months to say the least...

So after 20 years of MDI, I started on the Omnipod! Still feels odd....

x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I am back (again).

Lil man is 4 months now, blood sugars are settling down and I have even managed to move house! So it has been a crazy few months to say the least...

x
How are you getting on on the omnipod ive just started it 3 weeks ago but not really working very good for me x glad to see you back

Reactions: CranberryIce

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My diabetic dog has teeth cleaning and a fractured tooth and maybe another tooth that has to be pulled tomorrow. It is already worrying me. She is wearing a Libre all the time now so that at least is helpful. The vet has been reading up on surgery with diabetic dogs which is very nice and they will keep her on an IV longer and someone will be sitting with her during recovery, but it is still worrying.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you getting on on the omnipod ive just started it 3 weeks ago but not really working very good for me x glad to see you back

Thank you

It’s day 1! So far still feels odd! And still lots to figure out/learn. I have been told it may take some time to figure out/tweak my basal rates...! So maybe you need to give it more time? x

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My diabetic dog has teeth cleaning and a fractured tooth and maybe another tooth that has to be pulled tomorrow. It is already worrying me. She is wearing a Libre all the time now so that at least is helpful. The vet has been reading up on surgery with diabetic dogs which is very nice and they will keep her on an IV longer and someone will be sitting with her during recovery, but it is still worrying.

Oh no, I hope dogo gets better soon :( sending you hugs!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll have my fingers crossed that her surgery and recovery will be boringly uneventful!
I expect the Libre will be very helpful to the vet and the one sitting with her during recovery. And she'll feel much better after getting rid of the bothersome teeth, she sounds like a very lucky dog!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Has much improved? Why has it been so frustrating? Is it basal rates are not quite right? Delivery insulin rates are too slow? I hope things work out soon for you :(

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I am back (again).

x

Welcome back friend, I hope you could share your pump journey :)

Reactions: CranberryIce