Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I woke up a bit high 12.9, I think it was all the junk I ate last night. I did my first site change and I may have skipped 2 steps while watching a video on how to change it. But I got the air bubbles out :)

Hi,

YouTube can be a great visual reference on "how too." :)

I reconditioned a starter motor with a new solenoid kit & sorted a seized AC pump. The latter was some guy working on a Ford Ranger engine. Pretty much the same as my Mazzy B at the time...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning

No avatar pic at the moment. Apparently I am offending and bullying members with my pic!!!!! hmmmmm.....

Loosing way too many valued and extremely knowledgeable people on here due to "rule breaching". Let me see if I can write this down without breaking forum rules as certain members on here seem to do more often than not (not on this thread btw). Tried a few times and can not not breach the rules, so will shut up!

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies, gents and all who read here, could I remind you of the forum description.

"Type 1 Diabetes
Use this area of the forum for all discussion specifically relating to Type 1 Diabetes."

If you would like to discuss matters other than T1, in this sub-form, please choose another place to do so.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ladies, gents and all who read here, could I remind you of the forum description.

"Type 1 Diabetes
Use this area of the forum for all discussion specifically relating to Type 1 Diabetes."

If you would like to discuss matters other than T1, in this sub-form, please choose another place to do so.

In what context, please can you clarify................. as members could be unsure and worried about what they can write.
What about Good morning, goodnight, I've had a horrible day at work, going to watch a film, fed up with everything at the moment.
I have seen what has happened over the weekend and I am saddened by it all. So just to understand your highlighted quote

This is the very first post on this thread :
A place for us type 1's to have a chat, post blood glucose numbers, some banter and a even a little whinge.

6.9 before dinner, which was a lovely gammon steak :):hungry:
TIA

Reactions: jackthejoker
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
To all the lovely people on here, please can you read the very first post, you can see how it went, from there, friendly, lighthearted, helpful, supportive with some looney tunes thrown in at times, please, please lets keep it going in the manner in which I started the thread.
I am finding it all quite upsetting at the moment :(:(:(

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Our 1300th post is a sad post :(
I too, want to know what is driving this community away from each other. I’ve always felt there was something that was dividing type 1 and type 2.

MeiChanski, (if you're still viewing), I agree and I think there is also a divide between those on a 'keto' diet and those that are 'low carb'. When a person posts anything about their meals, it is jumped on by some if a meal so much as goes above 5 carbs (or that's how it seems) and although I appreciate people are trying to help others, it often comes across as dictatorial, aggressive and very judgemental. For those of us who are made of sterner stuff that is fine, we can dismiss it but if I was a worried newbie I would never post again following some replies. The divide seems to exist between many different issues and it's a shame because I love this site but even I am starting to think 'What's going on'.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I might just take a photo, close up, for colour, no indication of source material.
I’d like to gradually decorate the units with folk art (ish) paintings but that’s probably over ambitious. Who knows what might happen if I were low while painting

You might complete your best work? x

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not surprised @Robinredbreast. @DCUKMod I have to say I'm feeling like Robs at the moment; I don't know what I'm allowed to talk about. I understand the forum rules and I also know that I, for one, have posted about nothing more than my new puppy, with no reference to T1. Are things like that out of bounds? And if @porl69's avatar has really been banned, could you please explain why so that if I want to change mine I don't fall foul of something I currently don't know about? I am genuinely confused. Thanks.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, that was a wild weekend after the DVLA vision field test letter.

The race is on to keep my licence.

One of the 4 local opticians I s where I go for my lenses anyway. Rang em Saturday & got an appointment for Sunday.
New "bins" to be picked up & the field test done on the 29th of this month. My licence officially runs out midnight the 28th.
Sounds like I turn into a pumpkin.?
According to the DVLA letter, I have 4 weeks to respond. No response will revoke my privilege to drive.

Hmm, sounds like I've been given a little more grace until the results come in..
All the same, I think I'll take the bus on the 29th. There's a possibility my insurance will be invalidated with a technically expired licence?

Lol, I'm meant to tax the van at the end of the month too! :banghead:

Probably put my idea for a MM hypo awair, engine imobilizer on hold then... :D

View attachment 37943
Good luck with the field test @Jaylee. I had to have one, probably 7 or 8 years ago now. I was sent by DVLA because I'd had laser treatment for narrow angle closure - nothing at all to do with diabetes nor the quality of my sight, it's a condition that means the fluid in your eyes can't escape easily with the result you can get a build up of fluid, pressure in the eyeball and ultimately disaster, so they laser a hole in your iris to allow the fluid to escape (weird process but not painful). DVLA were't interested in that, it was a case of "you've had laser treatment have the field test". My wonderful optometrist, who I've been to for years and years because he's so good, talked me through it very carefully before we started as it's one of those tests where I ended up not being sure if I was seeing things or not, but it was fine. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Antje77

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
To all the lovely people on here, please can you read the very first post, you can see how it went, from there, friendly, lighthearted, helpful, supportive with some looney tunes thrown in at times, please, please lets keep it going in the manner in which I started the thread.
I am finding it all quite upsetting at the moment :(:(:(
And a good place for people like me (who is not diabetic) to keep in touch with friends like @Robinredbreast and others ...love hearing their stories (like @Fairygodmother s paint matching dilemmas:happy:) and updates....long may it continue....

.....sending special hugs to @Robinredbreast :) today....

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
MeiChanski, (if you're still viewing), I agree and I think there is also a divide between those on a 'keto' diet and those that are 'low carb'. When a person posts anything about their meals, it is jumped on by some if a meal so much as goes above 5 carbs (or that's how it seems) and although I appreciate people are trying to help others, it often comes across as dictatorial, aggressive and very judgemental. For those of us who are made of sterner stuff that is fine, we can dismiss it but if I was a worried newbie I would never post again following some replies. The divide seems to exist between many different issues and it's a shame because I love this site but even I am starting to think 'What's going on'.
Please report as soon as you see a post that comes across as dictatorial, aggressive and very judgemental, so we can do something about it.
Our rules are very strict on both 'us and them' mentality as on respecting other peoples choices. Rule B3 is particularly clear on this: " Diet is a relevant, but sensitive topic and should be treated as such. Please be considerate to other people’s dietary choices."
And then there is A1, which among more says the following: "Civil debate is healthy, but rudeness, bullying and/or Member belittling is not acceptable and will not be tolerated."

I would appreciate it if members would realise that moderators are members too.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In what context, please can you clarify................. as members could be unsure and worried about what they can write.
What about Good morning, goodnight, I've had a horrible day at work, going to watch a film, fed up with everything at the moment.
I have seen what has happened over the weekend and I am saddened by it all. So just to understand your highlighted quote

This is the very first post on this thread :
A place for us type 1's to have a chat, post blood glucose numbers, some banter and a even a little whinge.

6.9 before dinner, which was a lovely gammon steak :):hungry:
TIA

The thread is in the T1 sub-forum for discussing T1 matters. It is impractical to have a list of acceptable topics, but as the sub-forum descriptor states, posts should be linked to T1 diabetes. I think T1 is pretty wide and challenging enough.

From post #26001 I see about a dozen posts discussing, or mentioning T1 diabetes, it's management or living with it. I ran out of fingers s o won't bicker over one or two, either way.

If the desire is for a chat thread, there's a bespoke sub-forum for that. I think it would be a shame for that to happen, as I believe this thread serves a valuable purpose, but mindfulness of the location is helpful to say the least.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

"Type 1 Diabetes

WOW!!!!!
Have you actually been reading this thread from the beginning??? This thread ha been going on for well over a year (and long may it continue) and now you come in with this comment! Please take time out and read from post 1 what actually goes on here.
Unfortunately I cannot criticize your post due to you being a Mod!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
If the desire is for a chat thread, there's a bespoke sub-forum for that. I think it would be a shame for that to happen, as I believe this thread serves a valuable purpose, but mindfulness of the location is helpful to say the least.

This thread, from the very beginning , has been a chat thread
Why now are you modding this thread to death?
In my eyes, a bit over enthusiastic!!! Which will be modded out of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

"Type 1 Diabetes

@Juicyj agreeing to this!? You have been on this thread for a VERY long time and never said a word about what @DCUKMod is saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please report as soon as you see a post that comes across as dictatorial, aggressive and very judgemental, so we can do something about it.
Our rules are very strict on both 'us and them' mentality as on respecting other peoples choices. Rule B3 is particularly clear on this: " Diet is a relevant, but sensitive topic and should be treated as such. Please be considerate to other people’s dietary choices."
And then there is A1, which among more says the following: "Civil debate is healthy, but rudeness, bullying and/or Member belittling is not acceptable and will not be tolerated."

I would appreciate it if members would realise that moderators are members too.

Hi Antje, I will be honest, I don't like to report any post unless it is obviously offensive and I think it's sometimes a subjective thing as well which makes it harder, ie 'You're eating THAT!!' or 'I prefer not to lose a foot' or 'I'd like to keep my eyes' or 'HOW many carbs!!' etc. It's just an observation though so many thanks for the work you and your colleagues do! x