What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum Yes, you are right, a faucet is a tap. (Sorry 'bout that!) :) ---

BREAKER BREAKER
CATCALL TO FELINE-NINE-NINE .... CATCALL TO FELINE-NINE-NINE ...
Attn: Brig. Popeye, Cols. Bobs & Daisy, ClawCommander Marley, Leftenant Lola and Rightenant Charlie ...

The KittenCat calls for claws and purrs ... reports Meowing continuing for a full 30 SECONDS from the bed ... human unresponsive ... midday rations nothing more than 1 tablespoonful of tuna&egg ... advanced to Bed for bath maneuvers .... commenced MEOWING ... no response from human ...
DO YOU CLAWPY?

Stand down ... stand down ... all is well ... human has responded ...
Report cuddle-clutch and kisses and murmurings muffled against neckfur and cheek whiskers ...
Transported with full armament to Sofa ...
Purring accomplished ... Commencing nap ...

Outstanding Marine, Outstanding....:D

But one of those is an imposter.
One is simply a Clawporal...:bag:

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi @SlimLizzy

A good score to wake with.

I wonder if a tiny bit to eat, some nuts maybe might slow it down some.

Perhaps One or two Brazil's, suppose to be good for the old brain..?
@jjraak used to have breakfast ASAP to stop dawn phenomenon. BG was usually 5. ? Then something changed bg was higher, over 6 every morning, sometimes even 7 and going down if I didn't eat. Now it's changed again. Still over 6 but now going up if I don't eat.
Am wondering if last two days heavy work in the garden have anything to do with this.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to be e missed a lot of posts due to one thing or another. Some connection issues. Then busy with visitors.
This morning 9.1. Not surprising as had midnight biscuit feast
Had lemon tea, checked again about once a hour. came down all right. Until about 11 The started to rise again, for no obvious reason.
I use a libre and can confirm that when I have had a high carb intake late on my blood sugars during the night have looked like a roller coaster during the night. Insulin appears to be fighting a losing battle, but wins in the end. Usually ends with a steep drop with me going to around 3.

Attached was a reflection of xmas festivities! For info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124-233608_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124-233608_LibreLink.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20200124-233650_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124-233650_LibreLink.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 89

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you sure DJC he looks so dapper a 'proper' little gent...I can empathise the gas engineer has arrived to service the boiler they have had to be locked in the living room...so far they've tried to get into his bag...fight with his work boots & stand right behind him...then they've repaired to the sofa butter wouldn't melt...

Charlie & Lola's kitty sitters Liv on the left & her assistant bottom photo their we didn't do anything pose...
View attachment 38005
View attachment 38004
Fabulous photos

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling a bit glum.
Freezing cold after walking round a beautiful harbour, watching husband and son drinking hot chocolate and tucking into cakes.
While I have gunpowder tea - and try to feel virtuous, ignoring my stomach which insists - need food.
I usually take an aldi choc n nut bar out on cafe days (5.9g carbs). So I dont get that left out feeling. Or a small bar of 85% choccy.

Reactions: trick60 and jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. Tempus fugit and all that. Anyone else notice modern tea leaves are so much smaller? Don't even mention policemen and doctors who look like the last cohort of year 12 I taught.
Everything seems to be shrinking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-003121_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125-003121_Chrome.jpg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 117

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of lamb, lamb, more lamb please and lamb came in with another 4.8 this a.m., it’s current favourite. Is lamb addictive?

The first motorcycle run is looking like eight days, what fun. Probably in May. A maximum of 150 miles each day may not seem very far but when you are planning upon stopping to actually look at things along the route and have a decent amount of time sightseeing in the places where you stop for the night, it’s enough. Also, roads less traveled need a bit more time.

Foxes seem to be out scavenging all over at this time of year. Luckily we don’t have a cat or a cat flap so no danger of any popping in for a midnight tour of our kitchen.

Have a great day if you can, monster notional hugs for the ills you may be facing. Koffy.

View attachment 38049

View attachment 38048

I was thinking of starting a libre sensor graphs thread to help everyone including non users understand blood sugars a little more, although one may already exist. What are your thoughts? To include what was eaten, exercise, stress, illness and anything that can effect them.

Reactions: trick60

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you had a peaceful night.
I think most people’s clocks are digital now. I used to wear a watch but had to stop in the end as I have some sort of aura that stops them! Quite bizarre, it I take it off and put in a drawer it starts going again but as soon as I put it on they grind to a halt within a couple of days. Spent loads of money on new batteries and new watches. Very frustrating and I miss a wrist watch.
Hubby is a jeweller, heard this many times. Static. You probably have too much. I get shocks when I touch certain things. But I dont have the special power to stop watches ;-)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it arrives soon. The other thing which might be useful is a Freestyle Libre. The readings are lower than for a finger prick but run parallel in my experience. It monitors every 15 min so you can see exactly where the peaks and troughs are ( without setting your alarm to wake up and test). They are expensive but good for a couple of weeks of information gathering I found.

You can order through most major chemists @£50

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"..hello, viewers, Today we are looking at possibly the most un-observed species on the planet.

Those who live in the Fourbidden Zone.

A place of much mystery, somewhere many try to find but few do.

How dedicated & dreadful must it have been for those who passed before, to spend a lifetime
trying to reaching this 'Nirvana', yet never to find it.
It has been likened to a Diabetics El Dorado
a place of peace and beauty, were everyone is wealthy with health

Well today we open up the Fourbidden Zone, in a new 6 part series documentary

* We trace their roots from everyday folk to the warriors of Diabetes

* Explore how they slashed their way through high carbs & misinformation to arrive,
here in the resplendent jungles of, what many called unreachable,
but the Fourbidden call, simply ...HOME.

You'll hear tell of awful, unspeakable, practices we in the west simply do not understand.

* Boiling the bones of animals to make Bone Broth,

* Eating, yes dear viewer, Eating the fat on those meats when cooked
* And reducing their carbs from the 500g+ a day we KNOW is healthy down to for some 60g or even LOWER a day..

A subset of the tribe simply refuse the meat and only eat a vegetarian or Vegan diet
Eating plants and vegetables grown without a long list of chemical or list of ingredients, to help make the food taste 'NICE'

* We delve deep into the Bravery of these peoples, to discover what not only drives them to such desperate measures that they DARE to eat such foods, but who then claim to ENJOY eating them..

Incredible i know..yet well documented by earlier explorers.

And yet whichever Ancestral method they choice, they not only don't die on these outlandish diet, they actually thrive.

So much so, many Nations are now scrambling around trying to find any studies for just how they manage to be SO healthy when they reject all that we know to be good and holy in the West..?

Little is known of this tribe, apart from the gossip and hearsay..

I must warn you, caution IS required if watching and a suspension of belief is desirable.

Tales of being able to eat whatever they want....
to
stories of unbelievable fasting and living off fresh air.

So for this First episode let us show you, the viewer, the truth behind those Legends and Stories.

THE FOURBIDDEN ZONE
Episode One.: Naturally Unnatural

I have been taken in by the Oomee-fingha tribe, and allowed free access to their lands.
they are a simple peaceful peoples, living on the plains just below a Falls they call the Six Rivers

We are sat here on the very edge of McGarrett plains looking down into the Fourbidden Zone

i'm at a place the locals call simply 5.2,
A sweet-spot if you like, where many come to visit, dreaming of the day, they too can travel into the Fourbidden Zone

And what a difference down there...:wideyed:

For the Plainsfolk, it's all wooden cabins and lean to's, open fires and meat drying on lines......

"Connection unavailable.
please check you wifi connection and reconnect.
"
Genius. Hilarious. Oomee-fingha tribe, laughed out loud, not good when Eric is asleep beside me!

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I googled the Freestyle Libre but couldn't find any info on how it actually works. Is it something you wear? Do you apply it, or does your doctor install it? Its website didn't give details.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t believe it’s foolproof or easy, and I know that in a few weeks the pendulum will swing the other way for me - it always does, but I’m happy to take the good times now and fret about the bad times later. At the mo I think it’s definitely the DD meal plans helping.
I understand your analogy between the Libre and Fitbit. Neither will effect a change per se but both can give you information which might make you consider different choices.
I wasn’t following DD meal plans when I wore the Libre though and I’m not entirely sure it flagged up anything I wasn’t aware of. I’ve seen some people post quite significant rises when they’ve had stressful phone calls and others like @Debandez who had high readings throughout her illness in spite of hardly eating anything. It just goes to show that what we eat, whether lchf, keto, whatever, isn’t the whole picture. I guess we all know that already so maybe you’ll think the Libre is a waste of money as it won’t change anything.
I found it interesting once I’d accepted the fact that it will always be 1-2 mmol lower than the finger prick.
I
My illness made my graph look like the big one on the pleasure beach! Attached graph was from this Wednesday. Stressful few days with special needs BIL. The first rise was breakfast of Greek yoghurt and 2 strawberries. The 2nd rise was a particularly distressing phone call.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-005829_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125-005829_Gallery.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I somehow keep missing out on posts, dont think I am alone, but wow what a post. Its just AMAZING have you thought of writing for publication for lucre? You defo have the ability. Thanks also for the message of support to me re testing. You are a good lad young JJ.
Writing competitions for sure. You are gifted @jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A day away and the thread moves on like an express train. Dreams, cats, viruses, spring flowers, BG readings, paintings, stories, delicious bread, chicken, burgers, taps, weather, jets and automobiles, just another typical day in this thread :)

Aunties Funeral went as well as funerals can go. In typical Aunty fashion the old dear put me to the test from wherever she now resides. In her will I was left a hand written poem with the request I read it at her cremation, Remember by Christina Rossetti but abridged by Aunty. In the order of service the full poem is printed with the heading read by Muddy Cyclist (actually my real name not MC) so what does one do, read the hand written abridged or the full poem expected by those sitting in the pews? Either way an explanation was going to be required, thanks Aunty!

The evening with son and my two oldes granddaughters brightened up a somewhat difficult day.

Dressing up their long suffering, scruffy, badly constructed but much loved dog. Here is the outfit I voted for....
IMG_2507.JPG

Apparently they take him long walks dressed so and he puts up with it.

Then being aware I am behind on my daily painting I convinced them to help me create a picture, we decided on Frost on Cow Parsley which seems to grow profusely along their lane. I had some heavy watercolour paper and so loaning their paints they helped paint the blue background. After the paper had dried we scratched off the paint to show the white paper and form the Cow Parsley, so joint effort. A4 size.
IMG_2504.JPG

Then the oldes insisted on telling me this rhyme.... sorry all you cat lovers, but it is so true....

Quick, quick the cats been sick.
Where, where?
Under the chair.
To late, to late, ''tis all in vain.
The cat has licked it up again.

She really isn't a horrid child, honest. :joyful:

Just done loads of food prep as tomorrow may be Burns night but here it's a jam session for 16 musicians, must be mad. Still at least no bagpipes.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.1 at 5am

I had to drive back in the fog and dark last night. Had not eaten since my nuts at 6am yesterday (those nuts can keep me going all day) (and the place where I been going to eat had a kitchen malfunction and were only doing sandwiches, so I didn't eat knowing my reaction to bread), so I knew I might overeat when I got home because I was tired, and so I bought battered fish (a place which only uses fresh fish on the way home, and ate it in the car watching You Tube! Then drove the rest of the way home. It was a sensible thing to do because I was not tired now.

Barricaded the cat flap when I got home. And went to bed with cat. When I got up this morning to paint, cat asked for barricade to be removed and went hunting for mice. He came in and declined the tinned cat food...and proceeded to attack my arm (I have a thick jumper on) ...he was still in full hunting mode, honing his skills, and then stared at my sliced roast beef ((I had a couple of slices with my nuts this morning)....of course I gave in and he ate some.

Cat is asleep now...

So my painting is a bit different today.
What happened was I had some left over acrylic paints in sealed containers. I always squeeze too much out. So, I primed the next few pages of my sketch book with these colours, mostly dark colours, ready to do a painting on later. I was just squishing the paint on, some pages a bit more watery than others.

But when I looked at the first one, there was suggestions of something already in the paint.

For awhile now I have been wanting to pant those dark shadowy nightmares, and the shadows you see before you go to sleep moving around your bedroom...

I did try photographing them from my bed, but all my phone camera gives me is blackness, which is pretty obvious really...

So, I have a pair of small curved sewing scissors. By the way, that lady's face was already there, and I just scratched a little more away. She was holding an animal, and so I made that a cat's face. Then I used a chalk pen and added a little lightness to the path and in between the trees.

It took me just over an hour.

View attachment 38082

You can see whatever you want within it....

Happy Friday
Hugs for those who need them
Take care

Masterpiece. Love it. Dark and mysterious. Haunting. Wonderful. You and @Muddy Cyclist amaze me every day. Loving the pictures.