Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use one of the two wipes that come with a sensor to clean my arm, and while I wait for the arm to be thoroughly dry I use the other wipe to clean my computer screen :D
Oh don't know whether to use 'like' or 'funny' emoji for that one @Antje77 but it made me laugh out loud - thanks!

Reactions: chris85 type 1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
what use are they with a libre ?
Cleans grease off your skin to allow the adhesive to stick better and kills bugs - the filament sits under your skin for two weeks, so it’s a possible infection risk. Debug with the wipe and the sterile sticky makes a good seal, minimising the risk of anything nasty getting into the hole :)

Reactions: chris85 type 1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, first day back at work with pump. Diabetes is well behaved but last night was a nightmare, constant alarms when I wasn’t low.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use one of the two wipes that come with a sensor to clean my arm, and while I wait for the arm to be thoroughly dry I use the other wipe to clean my computer screen :D

Why wait to dry? I use my wife's hair dryer to help It along..?

To be fair a find most adhesive tape more maliable when warm. Between you me? I've also used the hotter setting on the hairdryer with double sided 3M tape for automotive applications too... :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why wait to dry? I use my wife's hair dryer to help It along..?

To be fair a find most adhesive tape more maliable when warm. Between you me? I've also used the hotter setting on the hairdryer with double sided 3M tape for automotive applications too... :)
I don't have a wife, so no hairdryer in the house...
I found both the sticky patch from the Libre and the Hypafix patch I put over it work perfectly fine when it's cold, so no problem there. And I quite enjoy having a clean computer screen, so the waiting is an asset :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't have a wife, so no hairdryer in the house...
I found both the sticky patch from the Libre and the Hypafix patch I put over it work perfectly fine when it's cold, so no problem there. And I quite enjoy having a clean computer screen, so the waiting is an asset :)

Fair play, we have one hairdryer in the house (nearly fort the the travel folding dryer.!) & a heat gun in the garage.. The latter a little bit too harsh on internal car trim.. ;)
To date, I've never needed additional stuff to hold the Libre in place. @Antje77 quote this if I ever post I lost one...? :D

With regards to your computor screen. You might wanna take a look at this..? https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-to-clean-your-pc-monitor/

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Snakes, toads, knives, a sea of alcohol wipes, soap and water with a young vampire to boot! While I’ve been absent enjoying myself elsewhere this thread’s turned into a place where I expect to meet Terry Pratchett, Terry Gilliam, and all the crew.

Reactions: Japes

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
a heat gun in the garage..
Oh, I think I have 3 of those (not sure why, a case of 'stuff happens' I guess), so if I ever het bored by waiting I'll try one of those!
With regards to your computor screen. You might wanna take a look at this..?
Naw. It probably says I'm doing it all wrong or I should do it differently. I don't want to know, I'm happy as it is :) Price tag on the back of my screen says 3 euros and 75 cents, and I've been using it for about 3 years so it already has paid itself. If you don't mind your screen isn't extra wide they're almost willing to give you money for taking it in the thrift store nowadays :)
To date, I've never needed additional stuff to hold the Libre in place. @Antje77 quote this if I ever post I lost one...? :D
Long ago, one after swimming, one when wearing heavy sweaty sailing clothes rubbing it constantly, one from a prying kitten while I slept, and various times I almost lost one. Putting a big patch on it means I don't need to think about losing one at all, I like that!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I dropped 10kg rice bag on my foot, the same foot that has been bruised for months. :(

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hey everyone, I have my monthly vegan potluck to go to! Looking forward to it. Any ideas on what to make? What are your favorites that can be veganized? I’m pretty good about replacing the meats. I cheated last time and took Bags of Uncle Eddies vegan cookies, I need to make something this time. Part of the fun is trying all the different dishes.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone, I have my monthly vegan potluck to go to! Looking forward to it. Any ideas on what to make? What are your favorites that can be veganized? I’m pretty good about replacing the meats. I cheated last time and took Bags of Uncle Eddies vegan cookies, I need to make something this time. Part of the fun is trying all the different dishes.

Vegan Chinese food/asian food salt and pepper mushrooms or tofu, fried tofu with vegan vietnamese salad dressing (without fish sauce), pho noodles, and vietnamese spring rolls. You can do tofu wrap spring rolls or rice pancakes.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @MeiChanski I do love Chinese food. I absolutely love fresh spring rolls but have never made them at home, which comes to mind I should because they make great snacking foods. The ones I like the best do not have rice on the inside. I wonder if I can get proficient enough at wrapping them ? Do you make them and does the rice wrap tear easy?

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @MeiChanski I do love Chinese food. I absolutely love fresh spring rolls but have never made them at home, which comes to mind I should because they make great snacking foods. The ones I like the best do not have rice on the inside. I wonder if I can get proficient enough at wrapping them ? Do you make them and does the rice wrap tear easy?

They come dry in a packet, so you have to dip them in water to rehydrate it. It does have enough stretch to let you wrap, it might tear if you aren’t careful. You can wrap in fresh raw veggies or vegan mince with garlic, mushroom, onions etc with vietnamese dipping sauce. My family make them from time to time, they also deep fry it too. If you fry it, be careful not to burn it.
There’s also tofu skin spring rolls, the outer wrap is made from tofu and it’s very popular in Chinese restaurants for dim sum dishes.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/blue-dragon-spring-roll-wrappers/637639-280958-280959

IMG_0323.jpg

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, I think I have 3 of those (not sure why, a case of 'stuff happens' I guess), so if I ever het bored by waiting I'll try one of those!

I use it for heat shrink wrapping after souldering electrical joints..

Naw. It probably says I'm doing it all wrong or I should do it differentl
. I don't want to know, I'm happy as it is :) Price tag on the back of my screen says 3 euros and 75 cents, and I've been using it for about 3 years so it already has paid itself. If you don't mind your screen isn't extra wide they're almost willing to give you money for taking it in the thrift store nowadays :)

Lol, the link kinda does.. ;) But €3.75 what a bargain.
I'm a big fan of canibilsing parts. Especially on my vehicles..

Long ago, one after swimming, one when wearing heavy sweaty sailing clothes rubbing it constantly, one from a prying kitten while I slept, and various times I almost lost one. Putting a big patch on it means I don't need to think about losing one at all, I like that!

I don't have a prying cat. & there has been the odd time I thought I was "caught out" pulling on/off a hoodie.
imappreciate what you mean, regarding playing safe with certain items of clothing.
I feel I'm still more at risk of loosing the Miaomiao than the sensor. Hence why I don't attach the MM to it? Just let the glue do "the doo" independently... :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I dropped 10kg rice bag on my foot, the same foot that has been bruised for months. :(

Did you post a while back regarding your place of works "rule" regarding footware not alowing "certain" PPE precautions?
Here is a case for wearing DMs.. Accidents do & can happen.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Snakes, toads, knives, a sea of alcohol wipes, soap and water with a young vampire to boot! While I’ve been absent enjoying myself elsewhere this thread’s turned into a place where I expect to meet Terry Pratchett, Terry Gilliam, and all the crew.

The T word? Let's also not mention the carrying of blades. We do have a police officer on the boards.. ;)