What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unsurprisingly nightmare was building related. Vision of damage that didn't actually happen. With me working out how much repairs were going to cost.:grumpy:
Glad your nightmare wasn't a premonition and that no damage was done. By the way the house looks lovely.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going off to pick up the boys shortly so better get today out of the way. Busy making Cloud Bread this morning and it ended up light as a feather and massive! Will be wrapping some for later in the week. Now got a chicken on the go for today and tomorrow. Bed 5.9 FBG 6.3.
B. TAG
L. Cloud Bread BLT. Mayo spread inside with crispy back bacon, lettuce and tomato. I'd forgotten how light and tasty this was.
D. Later will be the chicken currently roasting with salad. No blue cheese though. I keep trying it to see what the attraction is but it still tastes foostie to me. Edit - I didn't have the lettuce, avocado, cheese and I cut the eggs from 2 to 1. I was still feeling full after the cloud bread BLT.
DD-51-2.jpeg
DD-599-ketocobbsalad.jpeg

Last edited:

SugarSpike

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 2x rashers of bacon with 2 x scrambled eggs in butter
Snack mid morning - 1tbsp peanut butter, half a square of 85% Lindt chocolate
Lunch - Smoked salmon with 2x scrambled egg in butter
Dinner will likely be steak, eggs and butter :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Good to see you back @SugarSpike and love your menu. Half a square of Lindt 85% is some act of self-control. Definitely on a par with @Rachox and her 1 Jaffa cake!

Bit of a samey menu today. Didn’t fancy my planned dinner so improvised.

Lunch was my usual of bacon, eggs and grated cheese in the cafe near work.

Dinner was 2 fried eggs and bacon wrapped halloumi.

62BEB0B4-EB01-4010-B653-DB10746FAD11.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Liked the sound of @SugarSpike menu. I adore spoons of peanut buttefrom the jar and can easily get into trouble! I think its because I liked salty snacks (crisps remember?) over sweet snacks. Has anyone tried the new Marmite Crunchy Peanut Butter?

Today not a good fbg no apparent reason but had my usual slice LL toast, butter, lots tea. If I skip eating breakfast my bg just rises and rises. Lunch out with friends and was tomato & basil soup and half a brown roll and lots of butter. Supper will be mushroom omelette.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
12 noon - oven baked bacon and tomato and fried eggs.
6.30 pm - was going to be AF chicken wings. Had them marinading in lemon and garlic but made potato free lamb hotpot for the freezer - 3 servings and couldn't resist having one of them. Could have eaten another serving, but I didn't. Still a bit hungry though. I'll do the wings tomorrow.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today was coffees and teas
Lunch was chicken salad with h/m mayo, avocado, celery, spring onion, lettuce and a h/b egg. About 10g Montezumas Abspolute black to follow.
D: the same DD bacon burger casserole thing @maglil55 had yesterday. I agree it is far too rich, I don’t think I’ll have it again

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All!

B: bone broth, lc hc and knee exercises
L: scram eggs with chilli and corned beef and knee exercises
D: chicken stir fried in bbq spices and butter and knee exercises (bored of the knee exercises already. Doesn’t bode well, does it.)

another windy day, with Mr B walking mutts. No 3 is at her sleepover tonight. Ssoooooo quiet without her!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, just in case anyone needs the reminder, it is St Val’s on Friday.
We are long past making a fuss about it, but I just bought an online card which I find utterly hilarious (and a little too ‘grownup’ to display on the forum. :stop:

no doubt you will be shocked to learn I intend to do steak that evening, but I really should check on Mr B’s shift pattern before I make any more plans...

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon and egg with half a toasted chaffle
Lunch range of cheese and a stick of celery followed by two squares of 95% choc
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and asparagus followed by SF jelly and yoghurt
Online delivery booked for tomorrow and hurray full fat lactofree milk is back in stock. I need too much of the semi skimmed version in my coffee to get it tasting how I like it so although it has same grams of carb per 100mls I need to use more so my coffee then has too many carbs for my liking @DJC3 i do admire how you’ve been moving onto black coffee I keep trying but really can’t get to like it even though I prefer my tea black.......

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, just in case anyone needs the reminder, it is St Val’s on Friday.
We are long past making a fuss about it, but I just bought an online card which I find utterly hilarious (and a little too ‘grownup’ to display on the forum. :stop:

no doubt you will be shocked to learn I intend to do steak that evening, but I really should check on Mr B’s shift pattern before I make any more plans...
We’re planning steak too yum.......

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening from cardboard box city in Breckland. Think I have caught up now broadband has been activated. Friday = 3 litres tea from 3.40 to 6.20 then beef stew made by No 1 son @ 6.00. - 23k steps and slept like a log. Saturday was roast leg of goat cooked by No 1 son (local farm has own goat and special Isleham Blue pigs from tine to time) also had some cheese and G and B choc; Sunday was chicken and avocado salad; Monday was chicken and avocado salad plus some G and B, cheese and lots of tea; Today was cheese, G and B choc and Buffalo steak in air fryer - oh and some tea. Cooker doesn't work and vendor never lived here so no idea how to make it work. New cooker, hob and fridge coming Thursday and a guy fitting them Friday. Can't find the IP but new cooker has a built in sous vide so swings and roundabouts. Town is nice but local supermarket is Sainsburys:arghh: Newmarket or Bury St Edmunds it is then.
https://www.tfmbutchers.co.uk/

Last edited:

SugarSpike

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha, @Goonergal the only reason its so controlled is because I put the peanut butter in a ramkin and break the chocolate into tiny bits and drop in, cover with clingfilm and take to work. So I can't add anymore even if I wanted. Though I have been known to keep a jar of PB in my drawer at work for emergencies ;)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
late breakfast; h/m granola, one slice burgen toast with butter
lunch; olives, rollitos, salad, mini samosa. Cherries, double cream, chocolate granola
tea; chip shop chips and a white t-cake!!!!!! Once a decade treat. Must be three years since I had this. Very, very, bloated and full now.....but no regrets:joyful:. Straight back on it from tomorrow and that's the main thing.

Also, just tried montezumas peanut butter mini eggs, hmm now I can eat the absolute black with orange oil but I'm not too sure about these little guys:sour:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening from cardboard box city in Breckland. Think I caught up now broadband has been activated. Friday = 3 litres tea from 3.40 to 6.20 then beef stew made by No 1 son @ 6.00. - 23k steps and slept like a log. Saturday was roast leg of goat cooked by No 1 son (local farm has own goat and special Fordham Blue pigs from tine to time) also had some cheese and G and B choc; Sunday was chicken and avocado salad; Monday was chicken and avocado salad plus some G and B, cheese and lots of tea; Today was cheese, G and B choc and Buffalo steak in air fryer - oh and some tea. Cooker doesn't work and vendor never lived here so no idea how to make it work. New cooker, hob and fridge coming Thursday and a guy fitting them Friday. Can't find the IP but new cooker has a built in sous vide so swings and roundabouts. Town is nice but local supermarket is Sainsburys:arghh: Newmarket or Bury St Edmunds it is then.
Glad to hear the move is done. Great selection there. Sounds like you've moved to a great area. I'd certainly like that selection. I remember my last move. Despite spending 2 weeks taking boxes to the new place and unpacking them, it still took weeks to clear the other boxes. I had every box labelled for the correct room as well. I did have the rather pressing fact that I had inlaws arriving from Australia the day after the move - tended to focus the mind on what was essential.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to hear the move is done. Great selection there. Sounds like you've moved to a great area. I'd certainly like that selection. I remember my last move. Despite spending 2 weeks taking boxes to the new place and unpacking them, it still took weeks to clear the other boxes. I had every box labelled for the correct room as well. I did have the rather pressing fact that I had inlaws arriving from Australia the day after the move - tended to focus the mind on what was essential.
Labelled boxes? Removal men forgot to write on the tape so some boxes labelled kitchen etc actually from another move:arghh: Julie did manage to find some things - but oddly not my beard trimmer. There really were 200 bottles of wine as well. Sainsburys avocados not great but apparently they do a sourdough pizza which the air fryer cooks nicely. I don't remember ever eating mutton so a trip to Iselham (Cambs) beckons as soon as the cooker is fitted.
Twrf4KVgt7XCF9DI8XpIXVbJ92AkFolK3mhsE1I_PYgaDRcMjO1jSG6NyNo22J_AXU2dx_5Vq14iinMy3_JBGy_hasNW65KnGxYDSvx-TomaZiTR8_a27apqiDvpr5VovnRtQsg-

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late Lunch after swimming: Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: low carb pasta with creamy garlic prawns followed by LC brownie with cream and LC chocolate granola

4F341B97-438D-4F8B-AD51-3DE4E1FF3026.jpeg
6EB299A6-A96E-4FEA-94A9-87E0786E4E2F.jpeg