What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankfully no issues with power here. Hope you still have yours @PenguinMum

After yesterday’s poor food showing, a much better day today. Was peckish mid-morning while spring cleaning and ate 2 packs of Wilding’s lamb crackling - one each of the mint and Moroccan spice flavours. A present from a friend.

Lunch was reverse seared beef rib fried in some marrowbone butter which I made yesterday. Pretty tasty and far more than I could eat. If I eat anything later it will be the remains of that.

View attachment 38462

That beef looks fantastic!

Reactions: maglil55

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know you're in Australia but Lakeland in the UK stock the best mold remover I have ever come across.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/24253/Blitz-That-Mould-Brush-On-Mould-Remover-Gel-250ml

I was on the verge of getting Hubby to remove all the silicon in the shower and replace it until I gave this a try. Results are as good as the video. Son used it on his shower too and is a convert. You might want to see if you can find it in Australia - paint it on, leave it then rinse it off.

I had been remiss in not taking care of the shower, I use an anti bacterial soap so soap scum builds up, and ventilation was an issue that wasn't my fault. The fan wasn't sufficient. Plus he concrete deck above the laundry bathroom wasn't sealed. So in autumn winter condensation water actually formed on the ceiling. Painters came, striped paint, mould killed it, then id a fresh coat of water proof paint. My lovely mum came and cleaned the shower within an inch of it's life, I can't bend down properly becuase of lymphedema and compression garment. Now after I finish having a shower, I spray cleaning product squeegee the walls, and use a glass cleaner that removes soap scum on the glass, and thoroughly dry the inside with yellow absorbent cloths that work wonders. Plus the builders put in two new high speed fans that sound like jets taking off. Plus an air extractor vent. The ceiling doesn't get damp after a warm shower lasting 15 min, so I take it as a good sign. But I have used mold killer on the cracks and little bits of the shower door etc, just to remove it, along with an old scrubby toothbrush, the shower is looking good now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just finished eating brunch of two vegetarian sausages, two eggs fried on the camping gas stove (with a fire blanket nearby, after last year!). Just as I dished up the power came back on but it wont last it been coming and going for hours since dawn. I am as well prepared as I can be with cooked mild chicken curry to heat up this evening and all the candles and torches are sorted out. Cats had an early lunch and are happily snoozing in their baskets. Hope everybody is ok in this storm certainly those of you who are on your own. Take care everyone.
We're not bad at all here. It was gusting a bit on and off earlier but nowhere near as bad as they were forecasting. I even managed to get Mum & Dad to the gym while I took the boys to their swimming lessons. I did avoid the exposed areas but on the whole OK. Ground is a bit sodden though.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t set foot outside today.
The bird feeder has blown over, but no point picking it up til the wind drops.
Dogs are treating the living room furniture as a Wall of Death. Lol.

B: was the magnificent leftovers from Friday’s curry. What a splendid way to start the day!
L: not necessary
D: Oh Dragonbreath Instant Pot Chilli, how I do love thee!
https://mindfulhearth.com/2017/03/31/cooking-from-world-of-warcraft-dragonbreath-chili/
(I do a beanless, lc, low veg version)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now for today's grub. Bed 6.7 FBG 6.5. Yay!! Half term so not too early a rise tomorrow although I still have Aqua classes. No boys tomorrow - Mum's at home but I will have them for a while Tuesday & Wednesday. The end of Week 4 with Diet Doctor but in my case I had the extra week in. At least I'm on the same schedule as everyone else. Food on Week 5 looks pretty good too.
I've also shed another 1lb - 7lbs down now.
B. TAG
L. Stuck with their recommendations today. Scrambled eggs with a slice of smoked salmon and 1/2 avocado.
D. Stayed with the program again - steak with a herby paprika sauce. Made a really nice change to creamy sauces. Had it with wilted spinach and mushrooms.
I did add in my usual campari and soda and 100g of Isey skyr though.
DD-265-2.jpeg
Beef-Tenderloin-with-Herbed-Steak-Sauce_v.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
tartiflette.JPG
We're not bad at all here. It was gusting a bit on and off earlier but nowhere near as bad as they were forecasting. I even managed to get Mum & Dad to the gym while I took the boys to their swimming lessons. I did avoid the exposed areas but on the whole OK. Ground is a bit sodden though.

Surprisingly, the forecast gale didn't arrive today. In fact the wind has died down a bit from what it was yesterday. Still wet, but despite difficult driving yesterday (crossing open moorland with a side wind gusting up to 60 mph can be a bit difficult, but the Scenic is much better than the high-sided Kangoo for that), I don't think it has been as bad as my brother has had it in Swindon.

The tartiflette wasn't the same as previously but once I got it into my head that celeriac isn't supposed to taste like potato, it turned out not too bad. Actually quite tasty. A bit rich so there's some left for tomorrow. I did use Port Salut cheese in the absence of anything more suitable and it was really pretty good. Tasty. I don't buy smoked bacon, so I made it with unsmoked streaky. I really enjoyed it, but being so rich, I had a job finishing what was on my plate.

Edit PS The picture came in at the wrong place for some reason. Pic is above the text.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Now for today's grub. Bed 6.7 FBG 6.5. Yay!! Half term so not too early a rise tomorrow although I still have Aqua classes. No boys tomorrow - Mum's at home but I will have them for a while Tuesday & Wednesday. The end of Week 4 with Diet Doctor but in my case I had the extra week in. At least I'm on the same schedule as everyone else. Food on Week 5 looks pretty good too.
I've also shed another 1lb - 7lbs down now.
B. TAG
L. Stuck with their recommendations today. Scrambled eggs with a slice of smoked salmon and 1/2 avocado.
D. Stayed with the program again - steak with a herby paprika sauce. Made a really nice change to creamy sauces. Had it with wilted spinach and mushrooms.
I did add in my usual campari and soda and 100g of Isey skyr though. View attachment 38465View attachment 38466

That steak looks absolutely fantastic.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: chicken Balti curry with cauli rice, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: brownie Carb Killa bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake :hungry:

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Breakfast : small amount of parfait, made with whole meal low sugar granola , geek yogurt and blueberries . Black coffee

Lunch : ordered a delivery from our fave Thai place . I had prawns with a creamy sauce , walnuts and pineapple pieces. Pic attached . Bf
had a vegetarian Thai food with coconut rice. I was so tempted to eat some of his coconut rice but I was a good Winnie and did not.

I made keto chocolate muffins from a cake mix I got off Amazon , while handsome BF drew me teddy bears to print on mugs and things . Will have keto chocolate muffins with tea later this afternoon.

My Dexcom transmitter came off its sensor . So sensor failed . They sent me a new sensor . Their customer service is good .

Dinner : none

The Thai food seem to have given me a small spike . I have to watch out the rest of the day . I will skip dinner ( given I gonna have a muffin with tea this afternoon).

IMG_4934.jpg

Winnie-the-Pooh

I had been remiss in not taking care of the shower, I use an anti bacterial soap so soap scum builds up, and ventilation was an issue that wasn't my fault. The fan wasn't sufficient. Plus he concrete deck above the laundry bathroom wasn't sealed. So in autumn winter condensation water actually formed on the ceiling. Painters came, striped paint, mould killed it, then id a fresh coat of water proof paint. My lovely mum came and cleaned the shower within an inch of it's life, I can't bend down properly becuase of lymphedema and compression garment. Now after I finish having a shower, I spray cleaning product squeegee the walls, and use a glass cleaner that removes soap scum on the glass, and thoroughly dry the inside with yellow absorbent cloths that work wonders. Plus the builders put in two new high speed fans that sound like jets taking off. Plus an air extractor vent. The ceiling doesn't get damp after a warm shower lasting 15 min, so I take it as a good sign. But I have used mold killer on the cracks and little bits of the shower door etc, just to remove it, along with an old scrubby toothbrush, the shower is looking good now.

Moms are the best in universe . Aren’t they ?

Winnie-the-Pooh

I know you're in Australia but Lakeland in the UK stock the best mold remover I have ever come across.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/24253/Blitz-That-Mould-Brush-On-Mould-Remover-Gel-250ml

I was on the verge of getting Hubby to remove all the silicon in the shower and replace it until I gave this a try. Results are as good as the video. Son used it on his shower too and is a convert. You might want to see if you can find it in Australia - paint it on, leave it then rinse it off.

Nice tip ! I gonna look for American ones too. I have the same issue with mold and I’m highly allergic to mold

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just made a very odd kind of food and I have no idea who is going to eat it - I can't. I saw a bit of a programme by James Martin in which a food historian was making a mediaeval rice pudding, stuffed into sausage skins and roasted in the oven (after resting all night). Didn't get the recipe, but really had to try it so I made up my own - short grain rice, coconut milk, honey, butter, cream, some chopped up dates, powdered ginger and a couple of eggs (to make the pudding set when cooked). It just sounded like such a fun idea. Probably have to give them to No 2 son tomorrow for him and/or his family to eat them. If they won't, he will. He'll eat anything to avoid throwing it out.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Moms are the best in universe . Aren’t they ?
Indeed mum's are the best, heck my parents have gone above and beyond the call of duty taking care of me during pneumonia and the other issues I have faced lately. They are amazing and I am constantly grateful for them to be in my life.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
09-02-2020@DJC3 Are you sleeping any better yet?
@Chook Have you managed to get an earlier appointment with the doctor? As have not seen anything from you, am guessing the hand is still painful. Hugs for that.
Meals today
Breakfast 2x Cwc, nut granola( time to make more) confit chicken livers.
Lunch pork tongue and English salad. Yoghurt, raspberries and cream. CWC.
Dinner chicken marengo. Brocolli rice. Two glasses of wine. Missed the exercises tonight. Just too tired and they take so long.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
09-02-2020@DJC3 Are you sleeping any better yet?
@Chook Have you managed to get an earlier appointment with the doctor? As have not seen anything from you, am guessing the hand is still painful. Hugs for that.
Meals today
Breakfast 2x Cwc, nut granola( time to make more) confit chicken livers.
Lunch pork tongue and English salad. Yoghurt, raspberries and cream. CWC.
Dinner chicken marengo. Brocolli rice. Two glasses of wine. Missed the exercises tonight. Just too tired and they take so long.

Yes, still here and hand still painful. Thanks for the hugs. x

I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 10/02/2020
Decided to continue eating dairy, went and got some groceries today that took a bit of energy. Have a foot clean tomorrow which is good, then an appointment to sort out NBN internet, any Aussies will know what I am talking about. Taking shower tonight, asthma meds and going to bed early.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 100g yoghurt natural fat free, 20g peanut butter unsalted, 70g blueberries, my own amount of salt. 4 white coffee.

Lunch: 50g sprouted sunflower seed sourdough, 104g triple smoked ham, 4g butter, mustard, 16g jarlsberg cheese

Dinner: 125g broccoli, 36g cauliflower, 2 white corn tortilla, 3 XL eggs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Train issues resulting from storm Ciara messed with today’s meal plan as I had to work from a different location - no bacon and eggs! Turned into a chicken day - lunch was half a rotisserie peri peri chicken from M&S and dinner was chicken wings that I’d found in the freezer, topped off with some Hotel Chocolat chilli and cocoa finishing oil.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today with power back we are eating what we had planned for yesterday.
Breakfast was my usual slce of ZlL toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch was mug of h/m leek & brocolli soup, chunk of stilton and spoon cheesey coleslaw.
Supper will be the mild chicken curry I made on Saturday heated up.
@Chook sorry your hand is still causing pain, that doesnt sound right and if I were you I would be inclined to go to A&E early on a weekday morning! Glad you are still reading and staying with us.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had the rest of the tartiflette reheated for breakfast about 10.30 - it was tasty but the texture was a bit rubbery - I guessed it would be. Never found that any cheese reheats particularly well and, it seems, Port Salut is worse than the average.

I'll be having avocado salad for my evening meal.

The experimental rice pudding puddings were a failure, but that is the point of experiments, so that's OK. Despite me not packing the skins very tight, they burst in the oven. Ended up making the sausage contents into a baked rice pudding. No 2 son came in too early to take it home with him - it was still hot from the oven but he'll have it tomorrow.

Had to go shopping today - didn't expect much to be in the shops - the Monday after a very windy weekend but we had to do it today because Neil has to go to his brother's house tomorrow to do some plumbing work and had to go to buy some supplies today. No 2 son isn't very handy, in fact he has a reputation for being a danger to himself when attempting DIY. Actually, the shelves were full and the only thing I couldn't get was some Bel Paese and I hadn't expected that to be in the shops anyway but I thought I should try it again if I could find it. No great tragedy.