What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could do it just for this thread but I don't think you can put on limitations to who sees it. Maybe just a video clip on a google blog hmmmm, food for thought?

You can make a YouTube channel private and invite only. That may be the way to do it?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning after an undisturbed night. Relaxing with a coffee before starting some admin.

Looking forward to going through some training videos to get some new ideas for classes after half term. My supersonic broadband is so good as I can access some of my training online and it was almost impossible with my super slow broadband.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a straight 5.0 on the dice today, good score for me of late and I'm not sure I believe it, maybe should have retested
I have various rules I follow when testing. If it is an exceptionally good one, or even just a good one I always believe it and never retest.

If it is a bad one I never believe it and will always retest, if still not good will re-wash hands, if still not good maybe try the new tub of strips. Finally I have to admit defeat and accept that the reading is bad - although occasionally re-washing hands does work.

Edited to add - a really good fbs - obviously absolutely correct.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope I dont have to cross that bridge. My surgeries are being so supportive. I have been asked to join a health and wellbeing session 10th June. I have my own stall as it were. Pts from all 5 surgeries I work with invited. And my monthly pt to pt sessions continue. I'm dropping off my leaflets later today and offering more hours of my time in the other surgeries. It's such a positive feeling. The feedback is great. Last session the pt came in and said the DN had suggested they come to be because I'm very 'special'. I was taken aback. To have the DN saying that gave me hope. Hope that things may eventually change and the alternative to 'here take these meds and bye the way its progressive'.
Yes you are our beacon and I admire you greatly. I have spoken to so many people with T2 about low carb but it just falls on deaf ears. Yes you are a very special person, who can make differences in peoples' lives, little wonder the other side is running scared - but they will be lurking so just be careful.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 yesterday
5.1 today.....happy

Yesterday I had so much to do, sorting out BIL flat. Buying new furniture for him, sofa, book shelf, chairs, TV table. Measuring for carpets, doing his shopping and washing but still tweeting frantically in between! I'm a little addicted. Hoping to make waves to help make changes in the future.

House sale went through so now looking for another project. A house that needs lots of TLC so there will be many viewings to fit in over next few weeks.

Today we are picking up our new car. Then driving it around dropping off my leaflets confirming my next diabetes support session. Got my new laptop from Ebay. Reconditioned. £79. 11.6 inches of deliciousness. I love it. My old laptop was driving me bananas (bananas and me dont work well!). Soooo sloooooooow. So I've treated myself. It's going to be for my presentations (my journey), you tube video (when I am ready) and will only be used for my diabetes stuff. Even investing in a special USB stick. In a 2nd hand shop yesterday I spotted a lovely flip chart for £20. I got very excited. Just what I'm looking for i told the lady. Of course i gave her a few of my cards and shared my journey as I do with lots of unsuspecting victims (got it to a fine art now and can knock it off in 3 mins!). She gave it to me for £5! Happy days. Will do a demo/photoshoot with it later!

Having granddaughter overnight. So fun times later on and a day of adventures with her tomorrow. And tweek our new grandsons cheek. They are so tweekable!

Raining here on the NW coast but winds have died down.

Have a good day everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
enjoy the time with the littlies today. Probably also applies to @ianpspurs and hope the boxes are diminishing daily.
Yes and no, not really. Need the shed and a wardrobe building before more boxes shifted. nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide. Jay the builder is on the case along with new kitchen, garage conversion and electrical sockets. We are his new best friends - it was his birthday yesterday so we let him off:angelic:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who inhabit this reality and others.
Like a few on this thread we are also having the grandchildren today and tomorrow, as I type Mrs J is rushing about with the noisy suction machine, short or longley I will be forced to move my not quite dead yet carcass out of her way. O dear I have been instructed to move. Arrival time is 20 minutes away. .

A young 7.2 this morning, not bad for me.

Well folks I do like the charcoal pictures, but I have to admit my experiences of charcoal are limited to my protein and some veg bbq, I won't say what I bbq ( some prima donnas have no sense of humour ) , needless to say irrespective of the weather we will be bbqing tomorrow, no not the grandchildren, but definitely protein.
Veganism seems to be the current fad at the moment, taken to the extreme it reminds me of the " Darwin Awards " , if you no idea what that is the look it up on any search engine.
Have a great day folks, me, me's and the grandchildren intend to. .

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just had a phone call to say grandsons are on route so its defo a grandchildren day will remove all breakables and prepare for a messy play day as we will be stuck indoors got some fairy cake mix so baking of sorts it will be the glitter is getting hidden away and will be deposited in parents bag have a fab day everyone xx

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet here and so we are also having a grandchildren craft day, lots of card, paper, paints, scissors, stickers and big plastic table cloth appeared. Mrs MC informs me meals are my responsibility today she is going to be playing, actually meals are my responsibility most days! Daughter and SIL on scene so he and I will sneak into my studio and create some music away from the mayhem. Now where is my large WOK I think a huge chicken Stir Fry for tonight's meal? That's huge Stir Fry not Chicken :).

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Thank you for asking, and thank you for posting that lovely, atmospheric painting.
Today went very well. I had a wonderful time with two dear friends I seldom get to see, and we all loved the apartment community. A lovely place in a lovely setting, wooded countryside all around, and inside all warm colors and warm, friendly people, including a very nice woman from Glasgow!
I looked out her living room window and could see woods right at the edge of the wide lawn behind the building, and even the front of the building looks onto woods, except for the small parking lot.
My friends both told me they are happy about my planned move and think I will be happy there, which meant a lot to me.
And it did not rain one single drop, in all the 200 miles of highway and 7 hours there and back! :)

Glad to hear it all went so well for you@SaskiaKC.:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Every day I wake up & sit up for my routine.

1. What day is it
2. What time am or pm (open curtain)
3. What do I need to do to get up
4. Then I remember everything.

So in a world I often don’t recognise, with a reflection I don’t know, the only constants are the faces of those I love. Well the ones who loved me back, some people are just little painful memories.

I come onto the forum, read comments and share my breakfast of tea in my “fluff you you fluffin’ fluffs” mug and realise that although I am alone in the kitchen I am NOT ALONE.

I’m sorry for lurking, perhaps liking convos I’m not part of, but I do this because your (all of you, this & other threads) posts, letters, messages of hope, friendship and support to each other...

it gives me hope

that one day soon I’ll find a little of this camaraderie of my own.

Thank you.

B

Morning @Barb McD ...:D

Nice post, from the heart and honest ..liked.

As for the group, we are all different :wacky:..., as you already know. ;)

i guess if it was a Pop Group, i'd be noisy spice...:hilarious:
If it was a Pub crowd, i'd be the one telling naughty jokes and laughing WAY to loud at other peoples.

if it was Cheers...I LIKE to think i'd be SAM, ....but i'd more likely be Norman..
sat with that dry laconic wit, (i wished)
watching the world go by, as i sat with friends, discussing the ins and outs of the topics of the day, and sharing the world we know...
( a good description of here, me thinks )

BUT i used to work in retail and i sometimes told the missus on holiday when i was being quiet,
i wasn't being miserable,..:bag:
i talk for a living, ( in essence ), so it's nice to just sit quietly and enjoy what others are saying...:happy:
A foreign concept to her, obviously... :hilarious:........but i digress.

So i really get where you are at, just enjoying the moments until you want to throw in your tuppence worth
of chat, advice, anecdote, whatever.

and while that first "Hi, I'm diabetic.." lets us know your name, it's the posts that really flesh out WHO you are
We are all kind, loving, caring, thoughtful, informative, talented, funny.etc.
but some just do those things better then me.

Does that mean i don't post because i can't compete..hell no.

That just lets me sit back and admire their sumptuous skills in whatever sphere they excel in,
and try and learn a tiny bit from their outlook or way of saying or seeing something.

I guess what i mean is don't feel you must be anyone else, certainly NOT on here,..just be you.

A noisy poster ?..an infoirmative poster ?..maybe, but whatever you posts lets us in to YOUR world just a little bit,
Boring and mundane as we ALL think our lives are, sometimes, it can be surprising how many will KNOW how THAT looks and feels,
OR How many will appreciate the insight or just the friendly chatter.

and as for apologising..PERLEASE...:rolleyes:

if it wasn't for the readers like you and many others, ticking those emoji boxes,
those who are more noisier on the posting wouldn't have anyone to write for...:woot::***:

So your work IS much appreciated.

and finally..ALONE :arghh:..on here :wideyed:..

NEVER HAPPENED..:D;)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all.

@Krystyna23040 The time Actually painting was 15 minutes, I have to confess having to wait 15 minutes before I could put the tree in, gave me chance to prepare the Stuffed Peppers for tea, I needed to allow the paper to dry or the tree would have bled into the landscape and sky. It's just a big brush, lots of water, daubing paint and allowing the paint to run by tilting the paper.

Oh how simple it all sounds..must rush off and paint me a Rembrandt....:D

It's all simple until you try doing it, :wideyed::banghead:.. so don't undersell your talents

You and @gennepher brighten up the day with your painted outlooks on the world
long may it continue

and @gennepher , a double thank you, now i know what the charcoal does to you.
please do wait until outdoors, ...the greater gift is knowing your happy AND OK giving us your time and talents..

A Great day to you both.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for asking, and thank you for posting that lovely, atmospheric painting.
Today went very well. I had a wonderful time with two dear friends I seldom get to see, and we all loved the apartment community. A lovely place in a lovely setting, wooded countryside all around, and inside all warm colors and warm, friendly people, including a very nice woman from Glasgow!
I looked out her living room window and could see woods right at the edge of the wide lawn behind the building, and even the front of the building looks onto woods, except for the small parking lot.
My friends both told me they are happy about my planned move and think I will be happy there, which meant a lot to me.
And it did not rain one single drop, in all the 200 miles of highway and 7 hours there and back! :)

WHOOP WHOOP..THAT sounds FANTASTIC..
(ps do they have one more spare place,.... just asking for a 'friend' :bag: )

whenever i hear Americans talk of road trips etc, i KNOW it should be mustangs, trucks or Cadillacs, but i always think of
MORK & MINDY and Mindy's Jeep..top down, wind in the hair, bugs on the windscreen and the great open roads...aahhh ..glorious stuff.

SO SO SO SO.... pleased for you.:happy:
KC is Gonna just LOVE IT...( said in the voice of Janice from friends in MY head ..weirdly..:wideyed: )

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning folks. A fbs of 9.4 greeted me at 8.30am.:arghh: Wet and blustery outside but fortunate enough to have an indoor day today. Dentist appointment tomorrow! Those of you who are entertaining grandchildren today-have fun and enjoy! You are blessed. Everyone else on here enjoy your day whatever you have planned. :)

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks. A fbs of 9.4 greeted me at 8.30am.:arghh: Wet and blustery outside but fortunate enough to have an indoor day today. Dentist appointment tomorrow! Those of you who are entertaining grandchildren today-have fun and enjoy! You are blessed. Everyone else on here enjoy your day whatever you have planned. :)
is that a little high for you..?
if so might be the dentists playing a little on you ?

best wishes for tomorrow..hope all goes well.