What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...feeling urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cold is in full swing cough just developing...lots here I've missed another time no energy...woke to a 6.9

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are grandchildren sitting.
A 7.1 this morning.

Must go grandchildren to teach all the interesting things that their parents disapprove of.
The joys of being a grandparent.

Reactions: geefull

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 after shower and dog walk. Granddaughters, daughter and her dog are all still here but not sure what the plan is today. It will definitely involve a muddy walk this morning as Dennis is going to the groomers later on so might as well take advantage.
@Muddy Cyclist your granddaughter seems to have inherited your talent, lovely snowdrops. @gennepher another super picture, it puts me in mind of the Lord of the Rings somehow.
Great fbg today @trick60
@Debandez 2 glamorous assistants! What a great team you’re building.
Hugs @HarryBeau I think you are in the running for the most coughs and colds of the season, it doesn’t seem very long since you were laid low with the last one. Hope C&L spoil you with kindness today.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. fbs down to 8.3 at 8.30am. Better than yesterday's 9.4 but I'd love to join all of you who manage to be in the 6's. Off to see the dentist soon, one I haven't seen before. Have a good Friday and weekend everyone.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. fbs down to 8.3 at 8.30am. Better than yesterday's 9.4 but I'd love to join all of you who manage to be in the 6's. Off to see the dentist soon, one I haven't seen before. Have a good Friday and weekend everyone.:)
Good to see the numbers going down and hopefully the dentist will solve the troublesome mouth issue. I am sure solving the mouth mystery will be a blessed relief. Take care.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont post every day, but im typically 5 - 6.2. Most frequently 5.5 - 5.9.

This morning 5.6

Looking back through this thread i dont think thats too bad, seems about on par with lots of people?
Welcome to this thread (at least I don't remember seeing you before) @sno0opy and straight in with a good fbg. Yes, you are indeed on a par with most people.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...feeling urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cold is in full swing cough just developing...lots here I've missed another time no energy...woke to a 6.9
Not again...thats rotten I hope you can stay home with hot drinks, a rug and kittens and they go easy on you today. Distant hugs.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not again...thats rotten I hope you can stay home with hot drinks, a rug and kittens and they go easy on you today. Distant hugs.
Just made a delicious mug of Lemsip Max ready with the Vicks Vapour Rub & Olbas oil...I can switch the heating on now Charlie & Lola have been out for their jaunt in the garden & the door has to be left open for them...on duty over the weekend so need sort myself out.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope C&L spoil you with kindness today.
Unlikely DJC they mean well but no social graces yet...just thrown the poor Peace Lilly away Charlie has savaged it so many times...they've been out been fed hoping they'll fall asleep after they have scratched the sofa as much as their little (very sharp) claws will allow them.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
out to see potential boss yesterday.
meet in pub he said, we'll have a drink and discuss the role etc
fine, see you there at 1pm

7 pm arrive home..:wacky:

Think i'm going to like this boss..:D

a slight hangover, and just took a look outside and the weather seems to be a balmy 5.8 on the BG Richter scale...:happy:

A few tasks today, rain looks to be holding off here for today and winds good until this evening.

@Debandez ...Liking the assistants you took on, they both look very bright and attentive,
going to be a real asset to you long term..think you might have to watch the little un, heard they can be slightly bossy..;)

and @karen8967 ..love the wording on that poem, so spot on.
must save it so i can re-read on those days that don't :rolleyes: go as planned....:)

@Muddy Cyclist & @gennepher ..with you now talking of art classes, and @Debandez in teacher mode, are we on the way to having our own 'Thread' academy :bookworm:..?..

i think if we look hard enough we might even find a headmaster, if one's needed..:D

( i hope they allow talking at the back..:bag:;) )

Have a good un all

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unlikely DJC they mean well but no social graces yet...just thrown the poor Peace Lilly away Charlie has savaged it so many times...they've been out been fed hoping they'll fall asleep after they have scratched the sofa as much as their little (very sharp) claws will allow them.

I expect they were just plumping the sofa up ready for you to relax on!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I promised instalments for my daily painting, managed to grab 30 minutes so put in the trees...
IMG_2632.JPG

A little more to do, watch this space. NOw off for the adventure at Wildlife or should that be with Wildlife?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I expect they were just plumping the sofa up ready for you to relax on!
Yes of course they were ,,. they've now moved onto the stairs/stair carpet it is apparently great fun to whizz down them & stop themselves just before they reach the bottom by digging their claws in as hard as they can.

Reactions: DJC3 and Barb McD

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.8 today

out all day yesterday in the 'big shed' volunteering and today we're doing a few jobs in the house, replacing a couple of existing light fittings in the bathroom and the stairs with LED ones. So a quieter home day today hopefully ;) I'm just the 'gofer'

The bathroom ceiling needed a minor repair after we took the older fitting down so we don't currently have a bathroom light, fortunately mr. gee says we know where everything is :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jay builder arrived: built 4 wardrobes; sorted the dishwasher; added a double electric socket so we don't need an extension lead down the stairs for BT hub; arranged the plasterer, materials and matching windows for garage conversion and delivery of shed for Weds. He will "knock some heads together" over kitchen design (think that means get price to where I will do the deal) then went off for breakfast :). All that on 1 tea with only 1 tsp sugar - not sure he's kosher.;). Julie is having her nails done and may notice a few shrubs and mini trees (no one needs trees here - Thetford forest is 5 mins away) have been blown down (by my loppers and saws. - oops) Well, I didn't want to upset her so I thoughtfully did it while she was away. There may be more storms when I get to the chain saws and pick up the mutt and mattock (nice name for an Ale house) tomorrow. I feel much better for that.:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Barb McD

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I promised instalments for my daily painting, managed to grab 30 minutes so put in the trees...
View attachment 38805

A little more to do, watch this space. NOw off for the adventure at Wildlife or should that be with Wildlife?

i think the more i come back to that as it is here, the more i like it.

again has a very Japanese feel to it, in my eyes.
all that's missing is Mt Fuji in the distant background

XYZeXYZe2172_1680.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.8 today

out all day yesterday in the 'big shed' volunteering and today we're doing a few jobs in the house, replacing a couple of existing light fittings in the bathroom and the stairs with LED ones. So a quieter home day today hopefully ;) I'm just the 'gofer'

The bathroom ceiling needed a minor repair after we took the older fitting down so we don't currently have a bathroom light, fortunately mr. gee says we know where everything is :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

i think from first issue, most things stay in the same place...;)

liking the sound of the day.
and Gofer..a much maligned role, perfect i think, NO responsibilities

and when it all goes pete tong, you don't have to say anything, :bag:
just let your eyes, tell everyone
who 'Might' have been in charge...:hilarious:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jay builder arrived: built 4 wardrobes; sorted the dishwasher; added a double electric socket so we don't need an extension lead down the stairs for BT hub; arranged the plasterer, materials and matching windows for garage conversion and delivery of shed for Weds. He will "knock some heads together" over kitchen design (think that means get price to where I will do the deal) then went off for breakfast :). All that on 1 tea with only 1 tsp sugar - not sure he's kosher.;). Julie is having her nails done and may notice a few shrubs and mini trees (no one needs trees here - Thetford forest is 5 mins away) have been blown down (by my loppers and saws. - oops) Well, I didn't want to upset her so I thoughtfully did it while she was away. There may be more storms when I get to the chain saws and pick up the mutt and mattock (nice name for an Ale house) tomorrow. I feel much better for that.:angelic:
Good gracious with that work ethic he is a keeper. Is he real? You must take great care with chainsaw....they scare me as much as kitchen fires. Please do not use on an empty stomach.

Reactions: trick60

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :)
I met a wolf once; I have never heard them howl in real life. I have heard coyotes. "Nuisance" bears of the Rockies sound scary to me as I picture them all being Grizzlies. In the Smokies we have only black bears AFAIK. But I'm not sure I'd really want to meet one on his or her own turf!

Mostly black bears, although grizzly's were seen at the garbage dump on occasion. I just thought if there were bears around a ground floor flat with a glass door would not be the ideal choice for me. We used to get up on a morning and the garbage bags would be torn apart with rubbish strewn around. Much better to be up a level.

Videoed on the highway to Grande Cache, where I used to live.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=grande+cache+bears&view=detail&mid=BD5EC69A385C9FCE754FBD5EC69A385C9FCE754F&FORM=VIRE