COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I worked in a well known supermarket today and our instructions were to keep everything clean, not to put any samples out, they were to be covered. So even more hand washing/cleaning today and lots of customers too, so life still goes on.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
And here in my posh gym, we've got disinfectant around but not enough people are spraying the kit despite the virus being the topic of lots of conversations. Its a strange one.
Also (first world problem) I can't get an Ocado delivery for 5 days so I guess there is some self isolation going on.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I do my panic buying in October every year and keep stocks up thru the Winter in case of snow and illness. Much easier to stock up when no-one else is bothering.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And here in my posh gym, we've got disinfectant around but not enough people are spraying the kit despite the virus being the topic of lots of conversations. Its a strange one.
Also (first world problem) I can't get an Ocado delivery for 5 days so I guess there is some self isolation going on.
More likely those working don't want to take chances and others are just doubling up in shop AND on line, i reckon

lindisfel

Expert
All the research to date shows that it is an absolute: N
sorry? what do you mean?
Its a joke, he thought we were being taken over by lizard people who were reptillian and cold blooded. We had to dress in torquoise to be safe, or so it was alleged.

Sorry, it is my odd sense of humour! We need some light relief from this heavy subject.
Actually my normal body temperature, like yours and Zand's and is below the normal range.
regards
Derek

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its a joke, he thought we were being taken over by lizard people who were reptillian and cold blooded. We had to dress in torquoise to be safe, or so it was alleged.

Sorry, it is my odd sense of humour! We need some light relief from this heavy subject.
Actually my normal body temperature, like yours and Zand's and is below the normal range.
regards
Derek
I am surprised people seem to have personal body temperatures, I assumed they were all 37C. I don't remember ever measuring my temperature and I don't have a thermometer, maybe I should get one?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am surprised people seem to have personal body temperatures, I assumed they were all 37C. I don't remember ever measuring my temperature and I don't have a thermometer, maybe I should get one?
My testing was by medical staff over a period of time when I spent a while in hospital due to severe illness caused by A&e ignoring my notes saying that my fever may not show up, based on previous illnesses. And me telling them as often as I could until I lost consciousness.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The "normal temperature" isn't absolute. It can vary a bit between individuals. Furthermore, some medical conditions will influence body temperature. For example, some people with hypothyroidism have low basal body temperatures.

Few things in life are absolute

lindisfel

Expert
23 years ago I had Sepsis. My temperature went extremely high then and I had the rigors a number of times. If you get the rigors it is usually with a serious bacterial infection and its not funny, ones temperature goes through the roof.
D.

Shakkers

BANNED
We have a remote / non contact thermometer. We use it a lot. It is pretty accurate. There is typically a difference between the sexes. Females are a tad higher I believe.

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just read the diary of someone who caught the virus in China. Symptoms like burning eyes and a sore throat and cold which appears to get better then returns with the other symptoms. Why aren't we being told to look out for these early symptoms?

Reactions: jjraak

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

jjraak, I'm writing you from Washington state. What he's saying is not reflective of how we roll here. I assure you, the state, county, and local governments here are struggling to get into place everything that needs to be done. And will.

That man's rant is not deserving of attention and doesn't help anyone.

I assure you, government at all levels, hospital and other administrators, health care providers, social workers, and first responders are playing catch up right now. We weren't ready. None of us were ready. (All that said, our all knowing president who doesn't value or trust experts, definitely made things worse. Enough said.)

Everyone is scared here. And I assure you, no one here wants people to die. That is ridiculous. I work at the county government level. I've never worked with a more professional, proactive, ethical, hardworking and effective group of people, though there are exceptions, every work place has them.

The problem right now is that we don't have enough test kits or labs up and running yet, but progress is being made daily toward that goal. For now testing needs to be reserved for those who meet the criteria so we know who needs to be quarantined for now. We're still ramping up our response here.

Reactions: urbanracer

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
jjraak, my husband shared this with me this morning. I had to laugh. This is so ME...

I love the Washington Post!

Reactions: DJC3
D

Deleted member 308541

jjraak, my husband shared this with me this morning. I had to laugh. This is so ME...

I love the Washington Post!

0y4h3.gif
0y4h3.gif
0y4h3.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
jjraak, I'm writing you from Washington state. What he's saying is not reflective of how we roll here. I assure you, the state, county, and local governments here are struggling to get into place everything that needs to be done. And will.

That man's rant is not deserving of attention and doesn't help anyone.

I assure you, government at all levels, hospital and other administrators, health care providers, social workers, and first responders are playing catch up right now. We weren't ready. None of us were ready. (All that said, our all knowing president who doesn't value or trust experts, definitely made things worse. Enough said.)

Everyone is scared here. And I assure you, no one here wants people to die. That is ridiculous. I work at the county government level. I've never worked with a more professional, proactive, ethical, hardworking and effective group of people, though there are exceptions, every work place has them.

The problem right now is that we don't have enough test kits or labs up and running yet, but progress is being made daily toward that goal. For now testing needs to be reserved for those who meet the criteria so we know who needs to be quarantined for now. We're still ramping up our response here.

Pretty sure parts of the US administration watches china very, very closely,
and would have been tracking this from way before , perhaps early dec if not Nov,,
so to be here, in march and then authorities, in supposedly the most advanced nation on the planet,
to say they are not ready, scares me.
Those in power watched this and just did NOT taking it seriously.enough.

My mum was in a similar home, god knows how those family members are coping.
Tonight news reported that they still didn't have enough tests for all the residents,.:banghead:

Be safe @Winnie53

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My mum was in a similar home, god knows how those family members are coping.
Tonight news reported that they still didn't have enough tests for all the residents. :banghead:

Did they say why they don't have enough tests for all the residents?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Winnie53, I get breaking news from CNN by email, and this was the main link from the last one this morning that that may be of interest to you.

https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-08-20-intl-hnk/index.html

mmmhh

Currently, there are about 75,000 coronavirus tests available for the American public, US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union” today.

"By early next week – tomorrow – we should have over 2 million tests available. By the end of the week, through partnerships with private industry, over 4 million tests available," Adams said. "But the most important number to the American people is one. They want to know if I go in, can I get a test? And the one thing that I’ve heard – I’ve been to Georgia, I’ve been to Georgia, I’ve been to Connecticut in the past week – is that no public health doctor who was asked for a test has not been able to get a test. So people should talk to their healthcare providers."
Yet when Tapper asked how many people have been tested, Adams said, "The numbers are tough because they're changing minute by minute."

Tapper responded, "Just the rough numbers?"

Adams later said, "I would refer you to the CDC for that because, again, the numbers change so rapidly."

Not even a rough guess..think they'd be boasting at how efficient and effective they are .mmhh

and 2 million test kits.....The States has a pop of 327 Million..that says to me they missed the boat on containment and they are also going to miss the boat on delay, by the time they get the numbers to test, it will be too late to make any difference.

we KNOW because the Uk govt tells us each day..weird.

Reactions: Debandez