What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just Googled "how to keep people out of your personal space at the grocery store," and this was the first bit of advice that popped up:
It has subtitles.
Thank you @SaskiaKC
My expedition this morning will include my death mask, and the death stare...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, that must be it then! Not a clue what kind of breed Hidde was but definitely not a labrador!
Funny thing, I have a lab or half-lab friend named Boeh, which is pronounced Boo :)
Boeh is the dog of friends of mine.
12115793_10205164324372307_6017329588812191820_n.jpg

Hi @Antje77
I know you posted re Dutch translation, but nice to see you might be joining us on this lovely thread....a welcome addition,...:)

Hugs for the tears over hidde.

To many others, they are just pets but to those that know, they are family. X

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very dark and not that dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of why are you up you weirdo came in at 4.5 this am thanks mainly to Mr M Erlot and his scintillating company, distanced quaintly with the use of an opened out hoola hoop.

The future is unknown as Mrs Miggins is of course still asleep and her timeline is not yet discernible.
I have to go and hunt the Snark at 0700 - baby formula - who is stockpiling blooming baby formula - it runs out of date fairly quickly. Not too worried at the moment as daughter has enough for about a week but baby needs a colic and constipation formula. As for the rest, I cooked and filled up both freezers a couple of weeks ago and if we run out of loo roll then I will resort to using lettuce leaves - but it’s just the tip of the iceberg really.

Stay well everyone, movement reduces stress so charge maniacally around your house/apartment for 10 minutes every hour in gay abandon. I shall be attempting some Joe Wicks challenges on his YouTube channel - probably the ones for children first.

Well that’s 50 minutes taken care of so best make koffy.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Just awake and thinking. @Antje77 and @OldButBold sorry for the lost friends, they were beautiful. @gennepher I cant believe you need to go out again? Mind you I need to go to Boots first thing to pick up a prescription for my friend. She is still in a lot of pain from hip and of course time and a combo of rest, exercises and nutrition will move that on but its not easy for her. We have had the convo that she may have to stay with us indefinitely instead of going home in a week’s time to live alone. That is a difficult one for her as she is so “into” her current circumstances she is struggling to see the logistics of going forward. Also she lives in Greater London not far from Lewisham. We are having to limit news on tv and trying to drip feed the reality of the now. Mr PM and his colleagues supply essential equipment to NHS and are working around the clock with people around the world. Lots to think about, thanks for listening. Every household has challenges great and small.

Reactions: Antje77

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
God speed Mr PM on his deliveries.

And what's with all the early morning larks today... Pubs ain't even open yet..:***:

;)

Yes, the realities are becoming clearer to many
Hope your friends recovery continues at a pace
She is blessed to have you.

Stay well
Stay safe.
X

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ho
God speed Mr PM on his deliveries.

And what's with all the early morning larks today... Pubs ain't even open yet..:***:

;)

Yes, the realities are becoming clearer to many
Hope your friends recovery continues at a pace
She is blessed to have you.

Stay well
Stay safe.
X
How is Steph doing?

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 6.1 on the dice today, off to work again today while I still can. have a lovely weekend peeps, keep taking the Bob Martins.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A straight 6.0 this morning as I await the Argos delivery fella, no food just a new set of pans. Exciting day really ;)

Looks set to be a sunny day which will mean time in the garden, which I'm quite looking forward to. Take care and enjoy the weekend :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I cant believe you need to go out again
Hi @PenguinMum
Yup.
This is a love you and leave you message. I have to get ready go dash.
For several things. Because Popeye has been sleeping with me at night and not slept in the kitchen, I found evidence of a small (I flipping well hope it was small) nocturnal creature. So out to get a killer rat catcher and killer mouse catcher. I saw them last week, but I was more interested in food, they are safe for cats. Normally I use humane catchers, but the time has gone for that.

So this means I will get a spare cold water hose for the washing machine just in case whatever it was , was nibbling that, which happened last year and I had a fountain in my kitchen.

I can do just about any repair and DIY, always had to, I might be clumsy and slow now, but the skills are still there.

And a few other things, I should have any other emergency repair stuff, and be able to cobble up most stuff.

I fancy some chia seeds and tinned evap milk to make chia puddings, i am in eat treat (stuff my face) mode at mo, and that way i can make healthy treats, got the manuka honey, of and some more seeds.

But only if I have time to do that last bit...

Okay you take care out in that chemists. Your scarf wrapped round your face and your head so you can pull it over your eyes if some coughing is near

Take care x

Reactions: UserABC2021

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.7 today.

The landscape is lit up as the early sun catches the Salix Trees on the hill, wonderful! Looks promising weather today.

A day gardening making vegetable troughs, Mrs MC thought as we will not be going away this year we could grow Veg in pots and containers, they have never been successful in our garden beds. Sunny, Muddy Cycle ride first though.

It seems we are in for the long haul, did I now hear 12 months or more mentioned?

@gennepher another digital masterpiece go with care today. Thank you for your concern over my having rides out in Mv VW camper van. Fortunately we live in a very rural location less than 5 minutes onto heathland and forest all along quiet roads which already seem quieter than before this C19 worry

Take your time, savour the passing minutes and take care.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again. 6.0 not unexpected as had a serving spoon of paella with my meat and veg last night. Also ate a whole apple lunchtime whereas usually no more than half. So the sun is shining, having first tea of the day, Mr Fuzz and the fur girls fed, nursing duties at 8 and then off to the opening of Boots in the next village with a shawl over my head.
Have a good Saturday. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg of 5.4, temperature of 34.7, 82 sleep score, resting pulse a high (er) 61 - not optimal but not scary. @dunelm guffaw worthy iceberg gag. @gennepher you weren't offloading yesterday just outlining your day. DIL who is a nurse on a teenage cancer ward has symptoms so is quarantined for 7 days, son and granddaughter 14 days in Southampton away from family support. Her parents (retired GPs) live in France. Welcome @Splot. @Antje77 hug for sadness over Hidde but you have the memories. Stay well and safe in whatever way you chose to protect your fellow citizens. Story from inside hospitals not good so anything we can do to ease the pressure is vital.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So busy tweeting & writing about the measly measures from the govt. re: the self employed & the paltry offer of financial support should they become ill or have to stop their work universal credit only at the rate of statutory sick pay outrageous many carers are self employed cooks cleaners support staff ...somehow this morning my FBG doesn't take priority.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those branches that have trained muttlies to carry them, I must point out felines only bother training the food provider.

Well a 5.8 for me and me's this morning.

Mrs J and my self had an interesting day yesterday, we went to the local council tip to disposed of a few unwanted items that were stored in our loft and on the journey passed two pharmacies, queues out of door in both. Just what is going on with the mind set of the British population?

On our return I decided to catch up on a long standing task and found myself on my back underneath a vehicle in my garage, something that I thought many years ago would never happen again, yep fitting a radiator guard to my motorcycle and at my age, now I know l'm not blessed with much common sense but at my age!!!

Well folks what are we going to do? Pubs, clubs and cafe's closed, well I must admit it won't make a huge difference to me, me's and my pals chaos and mayhem we were banned from most of the local one's a few years ago.
After considerable research I have found that having a beard is no added protection to this virus.
Have a great day folks, remember always look for the silver lining.....and nick it.

Reactions: SaskiaKC