What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Letter was signed from my GP practice. Things are so bad I'm actively investigating DD recipes, local farm shop will get back to me about a contactless collection for half a pig, half a lamb and salad box. We have ordered another fridge freezer for the to be continued kitchen diner and I will resume metformin probs x 3. 5 way video chat this afternoon including 90 yo MIL and sleeping 10 month GD. Take care.

Hope the meat delivery works ok - sounds a good solution. Maybe you’ll learn to love DD recipes?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had my text from Boris x

Was it from UKGOV? What did it say? I’ve just had a text, but can’t open it as my phone has decided Im not responsible enough to decide for myself which contacts to allow!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it from UKGOV? What did it say? I’ve just had a text, but can’t open it as my phone has decided Im not responsible enough to decide for myself which contacts to allow!
A very, very smart phone indeed.

Reactions: DJC3
D

Deleted member 308541

How does it work exactly regarding the window opening of your delivery I have been approved for it but have not used as yet as not needed anything at the moment. Its crazy times at the moment.
Just put a normal online shop order in, when you go through the checkout, it will show all of the available delivery windows available like it did before so you can pick a suitable time.

Reactions: annabell1

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
our lovely butcher said he’d drop some meat off to us on his way home. He said I can pay him when I next go in. What a blooming marvellous chap!
Your butcher is the best!
I LOVE the fact I know that is your bathroom floor, AND that the reason you are cooking in your bathroom is to prevent the kittens from melting their curious whiskers :D:D:D
And here I took the picture 3 times to have it not show either the bathtub or the toilet to hide the fact I still haven't swept the straw from the bathroom floor since moving the new guinea pigs from their temporary cage in the bathroom to their pen. And that was last thursday :sorry:

And those horrible kittens can melt their whiskers all they like, that'll teach them not to meddle with my cooking! But I don't want them to turn my lovely stew into a puddle of lamp oil and meat, so bathroom cooking it is! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your butcher is the best!

And here I took the picture 3 times to have it not show either the bathtub or the toilet to hide the fact I still haven't swept the straw from the bathroom floor since moving the new guinea pigs from their temporary cage in the bathroom to their pen. And that was last thursday :sorry:

And those horrible kittens can melt their whiskers all they like, that'll teach them not to meddle with my cooking! But I don't want them to turn my lovely stew into a puddle of lamp oil and meat, so bathroom cooking it is! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

So many things in this post made me laugh. Thank you.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Chook & @ianpspurs - I got my text about 1 hour ago. Hubby is a bit miffed he hasn't received one. Bed 5.8 FBG 6.0. Feeling a bit better today. Still not 100% but at least I was able to do a bit more ironing without feeling on the verge of collapse. Also ate something at lunchtime which helped. Apart from ironing I was still editing my Morrison's trolley when I could actually access the web site, got a washing done, the ironing, did a DGF order, a stock take on the freezer, ordered butcher meat (which was delivered this afternoon) and currently waiting on dinner cooking.
B. TAG
L. Did a @Annb here and defrosted something from the freezer that had lost its label. It turned out to be a rather good chicken & mushroom soup I made a few months ago. Enjoyed it.
D. Gammon is roasting in the oven. Will have with green beans. Going to have a bit of DGF Millionaire shortbread I found on my freezer stock take.

Home schooling is progressing well. No one has been expelled although son was debating whether to have a rum or not. To those of you dealing with home schooling, a friend sent me this today. Well we need a laugh.
FB_IMG_1585074819325.jpg

D

Deleted member 308541

How does it work exactly regarding the window opening of your delivery I have been approved for it but have not used as yet as not needed anything at the moment. Its crazy times at the moment.
@annabell1 I forgot to put this in the other post of mine in reply to you.

The delivery driver brought the groceries inside the kitchen, we did not have to fingernail a signature on his phone as it was all about keeping the distance between us with no contact. He took a pix of the groceries where he put them instead.

I asked about the return of the bags from the last delivery, he just said chuck them in the basket as nothing had been said about not taking them back for a refund.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Yes, from UK GOV it just says:

'CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now; you must stay at home. More info and exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.'

Mr C got his on his way to work. :banghead:

Apparently B&Q are constructing cordoned off areas within their stores to sell 'essential hardware' and there will be some way to restrict access to comply with the two metre rule

Has anyone else had their Tesco home delivery cancelled at the last moment? One of my step daughters (divorced lone mother of four with no car) had hers cancelled by text. The text said they would keep it for her but that she should collect it within three hiurs and if not collected they would put it back in to stick. Horrible!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 what does the text say?
Glad you’re feeling a bit perkier by the way.
GOV.UK CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & Exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.

There you go. It seems to be going out in stages. Hubby has just got his.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

'CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now; you must stay at home. More info and exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.'

Apparently B&Q are constructing cordoned off areas within their stores to sell 'essential hardware' and there will be some way to restrict access to comply with the two metre rule

Has anyone else had their Tesco home delivery cancelled at the last moment? One of my step daughters (divorced lone mother of four with no car) had hers cancelled by text. The text said they would keep it for her but that she should collect it within three hiurs and if not collected they would put it back in to stick. Horrible!
Sounds like they have no or not enough drivers. I had it once with Sainsbury's ages ago and it was lack of drivers but they phoned me to explain the problem and to find out what I wanted to do. I suggested picking it up and the actually passed the order to the closest store to get it made up (their distribution hub is elsewhere). Certainly never had an order cancelled by text. Poor show.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two out of four of us have had our Text from BoJo’s pals at Gov.uk, however I saw it on breakfast TV before any of us received it anyway!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x Babybels and a packet of Wildings duck crackling followed Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: black coffee with a white chocolate phd bar.
Dinner: chicken stir fry followed by SF jelly, cream and berry and almond paleo granola.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Two egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes, spudlite.
Lunch: Cheese, lettuce, kimchi, low carb wrap.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Regulating how many eggs I use in the omelettes, till I get a full four dozen eggs in the fridge again then will be back to three eggs.

Bundaberg rum distillery are donating 100 thousand litres of ethanol to the Queensland state government to use in making half a million bottles of hand sanitiser.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...s-push-to-meet-hand-sanitiser-demand/12085426

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there an assumption that everyone can receive text messages? I saw it on Breakfast TV anyway, but it seems a bit exclusive and denies access to those who don't have the technology. There was nothing new there anyway.

No 2 son is a bit confused - DIL saw something on an NHS website that said that people taking Ramipril (as are both Neil and his brother) are at risk from this virus. However, I saw an NHS site that said there isn't as issue with Ramipril. Plus, DIL is T2 and has several other conditions so is very much at risk. He should really be staying home to avoid carrying the virus to her. But he is a postman and is considered to be a key worker. We are hoping to hear something from the Government (don't care if it is UK or Scottish) about who is in the at risk group and who should be self-isolating for their own sake or for the sake of family members.

Had scrambled eggs for breakfast and some fried mushrooms and onions for lunch.

I made a bacon and sausage roll for dinner - the tasteless sausages I got from Tesco the other day - hoping to make them taste better. Sausages wrapped in mushrooms and onions, inside cabbage and then rolled in streaky bacon. I was wasting my time. The cauliflower couscous I made to go with it was much better than the main dish. Still have half of it left but I think it will go in the bin.

I bought some gammon last time in Tesco - at least, I thought that was what Neil picked up for me. I got it out to boil it today and discovered it was a chunk of pork leg - uncured. So I had to roast it instead and now I have some cold pork to use up. Already had the crackling to make up for the not-very-good sausage thingy.

Edited to fix a typo I didn't notice before posting.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Sadly. Tesco are the only firm who will deliver online orders on the Island. I've gone right off them and their delivery system but have no choice but to keep on trying to get an order delivered. I wish there was an alternative.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
. However, I saw an NHS site that said there isn't as issue with Ramipril. Plus, DIL is T2 and has several other conditions so is very much at risk. He should really be staying home to avoid carrying the virus to her. But he is a postman and is considered to be a key worker. We are hoping to hear something from the Government (don't care if it is UK or Scottish) about who is in the at risk group and who should be self-isolating for their own sake or for the sake of family members.
On topic, breakfast tea with almond milk. In reply to the quote, your doctor(s) will identify those most at risk and a standard letter will arrive telling them (us) to stay put for 3 months and isolate from family symptoms or not
oGj6CcJZzoGZ_rHudkt-vntzaH_VFzX4VmEqpA5btJY1hFVTQgAU-1PUgUes2W3HCenxfIH1PsHDtEmUUPPcsClRJ54auZ_QF71a2Kr2DHaQQ6KvlZUvEYVNPHIMEJWeyWQH0ERM

totally separate from the text. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Brunneria

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
On topic, breakfast tea with almond milk. In reply to the quote, your doctor(s) will identify those most at risk and a standard letter will arrive telling them (us) to stay put for 3 months and isolate from family symptoms or not
oGj6CcJZzoGZ_rHudkt-vntzaH_VFzX4VmEqpA5btJY1hFVTQgAU-1PUgUes2W3HCenxfIH1PsHDtEmUUPPcsClRJ54auZ_QF71a2Kr2DHaQQ6KvlZUvEYVNPHIMEJWeyWQH0ERM

totally separate from the text. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that ianpspurs. I look forward to receiving a letter from our doctor, sometime. I have to say, I don't have much faith in the administrative skill of our GP surgery. I trained quite a few of their admin staff, but they seem to have forgotten much that I taught them. We'll see.

My goodness, I'm sounding very negative these days. Must stop expressing my cynicism. I'm quite cheerful really.

Reactions: DJC3