What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Very similar to the rules here except we have to keep a distance of 2 metres which is, apparently, how far cough droplets spread.
I keep them at bay with my walking stick and forearm, which comes to about 1.6 metres in length overall.

Sneeze on me, and I'll give you a wack across the side of ya head with it... :D

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Two egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes, spudlite.
Lunch: Cheese, lettuce, kimchi, low carb wrap.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Regulating how many eggs I use in the omelettes, till I get a full four dozen eggs in the fridge again then will be back to three eggs.

Bundaberg rum distillery are donating 100 thousand litres of ethanol to the Queensland state government to use in making half a million bottles of hand sanitiser.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...s-push-to-meet-hand-sanitiser-demand/12085426
I had to send my two SILs this bit of news from Sydney.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....er-knife-steal-500-toilet-rolls-12450404/amp/

I never thought I'd see the day that burglars would rob Woolies for toilet rolls! Classic line on the CCTV video though. Two men are on the run.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.3 FBG 5.5. I am glad to say that finally I feel a lot better. Still wobbly but today I finished the ironing and part cleaned the other bathroom before a rest became necessary. This is also the first day I haven't felt close to collapse doing simple things. It's son's birthday tomorrow so I raided my freezer to get 2 Ox Cheeks for DIL to make for his birthday dinner. I also took along the last portions of scotch broth I had in the freezer (which the boys wanted for lunch) and a lasagne. Home school was varied today. Boys are doing the Joe Wikes session at 9am then they had some outdoor exercise cleaning the garden. This was followed by outdoor art drawing on the fence with coloured chalks (@DJC3 - Yes it was a lovely day). Post lunch they did reading and numeracy. Then a home economics session baking a cake for Dad's birthday tomorrow. Boys were waving at me from the doorway but they look quite bright currently. On the way home I took a run along the high street. The Specials "Ghost Town" kind of sums it up.
B. TAG.
L. 2 slices skinny bread toasted with Dairylea on one, pate on the other. 1/2 a Nine raspberry seed bar.
D. Broccoli with a chicken breast joint ate the broccoli, left most of the chicken which was tasteless. 100mls Skyr and the other 1/2 of the seed bar.

Just doing my legs before bed as they've been painful at night. I've had a hot shower, a coat of Vic and a paracetamol which I hope will get me through the night. Tomorrow is Morrisons delivery day so I want to get a list made in the morning of what I don't get. I'm going to go to the local shops to get the rest. I've promised DIL I will wear my respirator mask which is disinfected and a new filter plus latex gloves. Dettol wipes are in the car. Fingers crossed for a successful outing. Niece has gone to stay with her friend for the lockdown so I'm keeping an eye on her house.stay well x

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
hi all so i got my copy of my recent blood test my HBA1C is 6.1 and my HBA1c (IFCC) 44 a bit high but as my endocrinologist teleconference he said if it is a bit high it is because I recently had been on steroids so not that concern but happy with my triglycerides is 1.8 one above normal and my LDL 3.8 and HDL 1.1 but it is a better reading then my last blood test and my endo has not contacted me regarding going on lupids even though my GP keeps trying to get me back on them but I refuse to. although my CRP IS still high at 18.5 at lest it is dropping so I need to be mindful and staying on the path of low carb but gee it is hard especially not being able to go out trying to keep my brain busy so I don't eat for the sake of eating out of boredom stress lol. I need to buy some vitamins but hesitant to go to the chemist to get some but getting so bored I might go out early tomorrow hopefully not to many people around and I can continue to social distancing.

so brunch today made bacon and eggs and a slice of sourdough toast and black coffee.

this afternoon although I am not hungry ate some packet chips small bowl Coles brand and some chocolate made a cup of coffee

but trying to keep busy but there is housework watching tv going on FB Instagram reading then what so I think eating from stress and boredom. not sure if I will need dinner as still full but as I am stressing comfort eating need a back up plan LOL :) it has been raining here otherwise I would be in my garden so hopefully the weather starts to improve so I can do some gardening.

thought these were appropriate will in my case lol

Attachments

• clean (1).jpg
    clean (1).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 259
  • social (1).jpg
    social (1).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 246

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
I'm sure a virtual hug will be okay... ;)

Can dogs get Coronavirus? All three of mine have got poorly tummies. No dog food will be consumed in this house for the next 24 hours.

Apparently Coronavirus has reached this village - at least two people are very poorly with it and are now in hospital. The butchers and post office have both been shut for a deep clean.

Today's food...

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup (although I will soon have to think of something else as eggs are in short supply here)

Lunch: cheese on one slice Burgen bread with a small mushroom salad

Dinner: mozzarella, tomato, olives, basil and rocket salad - i might have a little finely sliced fennel on it as i now have one spare.

Drinks: black decaff coffee, water, red wine

I have heard dogs can not catch covid-19 check this url

https://www.wsfm.com.au/lifestyle/dogs-cant-get-coronavirus-dr-chris-brown-reassures-pet-owners/

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all so i got my copy of my recent blood test my HBA1C is 6.1 and my HBA1c (IFCC) 44 a bit high but as my endocrinologist teleconference he said if it is a bit high it is because I recently had been on steroids so not that concern but happy with my triglycerides is 1.8 one above normal and my LDL 3.8 and HDL 1.1 but it is a better reading then my last blood test and my endo has not contacted me regarding going on lupids even though my GP keeps trying to get me back on them but I refuse to. although my CRP IS still high at 18.5 at lest it is dropping so I need to be mindful and staying on the path of low carb but gee it is hard especially not being able to go out trying to keep my brain busy so I don't eat for the sake of eating out of boredom stress lol. I need to buy some vitamins but hesitant to go to the chemist to get some but getting so bored I might go out early tomorrow hopefully not to many people around and I can continue to social distancing.

so brunch today made bacon and eggs and a slice of sourdough toast and black coffee.

this afternoon although I am not hungry ate some packet chips small bowl Coles brand and some chocolate made a cup of coffee

but trying to keep busy but there is housework watching tv going on FB Instagram reading then what so I think eating from stress and boredom. not sure if I will need dinner as still full but as I am stressing comfort eating need a back up plan LOL :) it has been raining here otherwise I would be in my garden so hopefully the weather starts to improve so I can do some gardening.

thought these were appropriate will in my case lol
Great news on your results @annabell1. I can empathise with the not going out and admit to the green eyed monster over sourdough - lessened a great deal as it came with bacon, had no avocado and you were clearly forced to drink coffee not tea. :angelic: Again, great news on results and as the best line from Hill Sreet Blues went, let's be careful out there.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Chook - to add to @annabell1 link. I asked my ex Veterinarian Hospital DIL (she was the equivalent of a triage nurse in the vet hospital in the USA) and this is her response

"No. Dogs have their own version of Coronavirus which they are vaccinated for. 2 dogs have been in the media as testing 'weak positive' but here's why this isn't a worry. They can't catch or spread this type. The 'weak positive' was likely found in a throat swab where they had inhaled the aerosolised virus and it happened to still be present at the time of testing. There is absolutely no reason to worry about this as it's NOT a canine virus, and most likely cannot mutate to one."

She also sent me the following link that explains it a bit more scientifically: https://m.petmd.com/news/care-safety/what-pet-parents-need-know-about-new-coronavirus-38247

Hope it helps.

So far this morning I've had a coffee and a fine milled oatcake with pate while checking my Morrisons order. Not too drastic with the Missings and no daft substitutes either.

Another rant though. You cannot get fruit and veg for love nor money on the supermarket online shop. Our Council has just announced that the waste tonnage is on a par with Christmas AND the majority of that waste is fresh fruit and veg! People need to get real. Dumped because it was past sell by date.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting post @maglil55. Firstly, the pups are having their 2nd jabs today hopefully done no contact by our DIL (in full protective gear - probably better protected than other, nurse, DIL). Secondly, fruit and veg boxes being delivered by a local guy today. What follows is my best guess at what will happen today - depends on who Julie had to be in contact with and how shielded I want to be. Breakfast: Lots of TWAM+S : CWC AM+ SF (cream tomorrow? in the order); L: 2 slices Ox tongue, small piece cheddar; Aft: Tea per break; Meal: Mince somehow and veg - ideally leafy, depends on veggies box from a local guy - includes fruit and salad so clearly not local. No grapes or avos in Suffolk (yet) Lidl spinach is from Italy and keeps an amazingly long time. Some real cognitive dissonance between eating the season, less air miles, LC and my taste buds. I have registered as shielding and some supermarkets are accessing the database so I await news of how that will work - (cancelled Morrisons DD for delivery) Take care citizens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Annb and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting post @maglil55. Firstly, the pups are having their 2nd jabs today hopefully done no contact by our DIL (in full protective gear - probably better protected than other, nurse, DIL). Secondly, fruit and veg boxes being delivered by a local guy today. What follows is my best guess at what will happen today - depends on who Julie had to be in contact with and how shielded I want to be. Breakfast: Lots of TWAM+S : CWC AM+ SF (cream tomorrow? in the order); L: 2 slices Ox tongue, small piece cheddar; Aft: Tea per break; Meal: Mince somehow and veg - ideally leafy, depends on veggies box from a local guy - includes fruit and salad so clearly not local. No grapes or avos in Suffolk (yet) Lidl spinach is from Italy and keeps an amazingly long time. Some real cognitive dissonance between eating the season, less air miles, LC and my taste buds. I have registered as shielding and some supermarkets are accessing the database so I await news of how that will work - (cancelled Morrisons DD for delivery) Take care citizens.
She also said anyone in the midst of jabs to make sure they are completed. Plus, although the clinics will be disinfecting like mad , she would suggest bathing the pups with soap and water on return home paying particular attention to the paws as there are other nasties they can pick up. I'm sure you know this already but may be helpful to someone.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I didn't really think the dogs have coronavirus but thank you for the replies. :) They probably ate something very yucky while out (we live 2 mins walk form a huge expanse of moorland where they walk / run / play / dig / swim and/or chase things off lead every day). It was unusual for all three to have upset tummies at the same time though.

Mr C has now been designated an essential worker and has a letter from his employer to prove it. Apparently he will need this letter because from today Police are going to be randomly stopping cars and asking people where they are going and why and sending home those that aren't complying with the suppression measures.

Phew.... Sky TV stopped working this morning for a couple of hours and i couldn't get through to sky to report it. I was so glad when my neighbour phoned to say it was back on again. I thought i might have to watch Netflix :confused: and once I get on to Netflix i don't get anything else done.

Today's food...

B usual three egg omelette with sugar free syrup (elderflower and lemon this time)

L Actimel drink and some Dolce Gorgonzola

D mixed veg bake (basically I'm roasting all the leftover veg in fridge) then mix with passata and butterbeans

Drinks. Black decaff coffee and lots of water and probably a glass of red

Stay safe and well everyone x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Did a successful Click & Collect at Sainsburys this morning. Streamlined and effient, polite service, no contact. @Chook hope the doggies start to feel better very soon.
Despite today’s haul tonights supper will be fishfingers, brocolli and chips for those who can. Lunch in the garden was mixed sandwiches for Mr PM and friend and egg mayo salad for me.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Did a successful Click & Collect at Sainsburys this morning. Streamlined and effient, polite service, no contact. @Chook hope the doggies start to feel better very soon.
Despite today’s haul tonights supper will be fishfingers, brocolli and chips for those who can. Lunch in the garden was mixed sandwiches for Mr PM and friend and egg mayo salad for me.
Glad it was as straightforward as ours. I've been told they are not all like this but they seem to be working towards the outside areas. As I said, I'll certainly use it again when they change my car (although that won't be anytime soon now).

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.5 FBG was also 6.5. The Morrisons delivery was quite successful. Usual suspects missing - toilet rolls, Dettol spray, Naan bread for Hubby and for DIL watermelon, flour and bicarbonate. Subs were just different brands. Sorted the shopping, loaded son's back in car and headed out to see if I could get the rest plus fruit and veg. I did - apart from Dettol, Naan bread and watermelon. Managed it at just Lidl and the local farm shop. Nice to see I'm not the only one masked and gloved now. Even nicer, people are talking to each other. There's a nice spirit out there. I considered Tesco but they had a lengthy queue but the trolleys were socially distanced. Lidl and the local farm shop have the distances marked out with tape on the floor. Son's birthday and at least I got a funny card that he'd reached a point in life that his Wheelie Bin goes out more often than he does! Boys are frosting his cake that was baked in Home Economics class yesterday.
B. TAG and a fine milled oatcake with pate. Need to make another skinny Bread.
L. Following @Annb again. Another mystery thing from the freezer. I thought it was another chicken & mushroom soup but the green tinge was confusing. It was soup but it was chicken and broccoli which I'd forgotten I'd made.
D. Will be a meat'zza made with one of the GF burgers I got in the butcher delivery.
A bit tired after venturing out but lots better.
Couldn't believe that my next door neighbour has put her house up for sale. Not sure that will happen any time soon.

Reactions: Chook and DJC3

Lilian15

How are people getting a delivery date booked for Morrisons. I have an order - waiting for two weeks now. Everytime I get in it says my next delivery date is (date and time), and when I go to their list, the date does not have unavailable against it but when I click on the date, all the times, even the one that said it was my next delivery time, is marked unavailable. When I click on checkout it just takes me to the delivery page. When I did manage to click on my date and time, it crashed and did not register. Is there something I am missing. I have no alternative but to shop on line as I am not physically able to get around a shop.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, just finished today’s food ( I hope)
Black coffee til brunch which was LoDough wrap with tuna, mayo, chopped h/b egg and salad. A bit later cheese and Brazil nuts.
Dinner: rest of the calves liver, bacon, spinach and cauliflower. 2 glasses red.
@ianpspurs your Hill Street Blues quote was very apt. I loved that program and Mr C got a box set for Christmas so we are finally finding time to watch.
@Tipetoo I’m enjoying the mental picture of you brandishing your walking stick to clear a path and keep people at a safe distance.
@maglil55 so glad you’re feeling a bit better. We are also doing PE with Joe Wicks in the morning ( FaceTiming with granddaughters)
I’m really surprised about your neighbours house going up for sale. I’ve a horrible feeling our sale will fall through yet again and we’ll end up giving the blasted thing away. Can’t blame buyers really though. I’m horrified at the tales of huge quantities of panic bought fruit and veg being thrown away as it’s past its sell by.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Black pudding and fried eggs for breakfast, 2 RyVita and cold meat sandwiches for lunch - high on the carbs but it was all I could do today.

Tonight will be beef stew - from the freezer again. I have ingredients for fresh cooked meals, but I just don't feel up to it just now, despite being pretty hungry. A bit low on the fluids today - must make more of an effort.

This is a very odd cold - it has been coming and going for a week or so. Sneezed a couple of times yesterday evening, but not today - same with coughing. Just a runny nose from time to time and a lot of catarrh. But today feeling very weak and sore. Only occasional over-heating which again comes and goes fairly rapidly - fleece off, fleece on, then off again. Fingers and toes very cold. DIL has been much the same. Em had a bit of a temperature a few days ago and was sneezing quite a bit. I don't think it is the dreaded C virus, but I'm beginning to think it is some kind of virus. Just as well I can't go out. Neil was sneezing an hour or so ago, too. And he has kept to his room most of the day. I think he must have whatever it is as well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all - I know long time no see and I also haven’t read back as it’s so long since I did but will try and going to record today and try and get back to regular recording ( says she madly crossing fingers!)
With an 89 year old mum living 120 miles away and an anxious autistic son a few miles away suffice it to say the practical challenges at the moment require most of my time and energy and a huge increase in my stress levels. Daily Crises have included autistic son having panic attack after deciding he had cv19 yesterday! Shopping is a nightmare and full time job especially when your autistic plus ocd son has a limited list of foods he will eat and a compulsion to use lots of unavailable toilet paper,tissues and hand wash ( think Howard Hughes!)
Good news over last week though as youngest son got engaged - it’s particularly heartening as he was so ill from 15-19 years of age with bipolar and so rewarding to see him happy and settled. Hope for the future - even more important just now.
Anyway today’s food
Breakfast bacon and egg on toasted chaffle
Lunch prosciutto with cheddar then Aldi low carb nut and seed bar and coffee
Dinner lasagne using chaffles for pasta sub followed by sf jelly and cream and one hotel chocolate choc.
Hope everyone well in these very very challenging times. Complex day tomorrow so may be a few days to report again but will try to start again as and when I can. Thinking of you all.