What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:spitoutdummy::clown:
In other news Yesterday was Dennis’ birthday - he’s now 1 yr old but hasn’t become any wiser.
I can't believe he is a year old - it seems only yesterday that he was a little puppy. You may have to wait a little longer for him to become any wiser. We are still waiting for that to happen with our Archie and he is 14 next birthday.

@ianpspurs how are your puppies settling in?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from yet bright and sparkly morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of video chats with grandchildren and a successful home delivery yesterday came in at 4.6 this am

Yes @DJC3 - I am falling about with Joe Wicks - alternating with resistance training. So, Joe Wicks today.

Our annual family weekend, always May bank holiday weekend, has now been cancelled. We received an email from the venue yesterday telling us that they are closing down. Knew it would happen but refunds seem dependent upon them telling us rather than the other way round.

Stay positive and remember that a spotless house is the sign of a wasted life - or is that drinking too much gin?

Best have koffy.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:spitoutdummy::clown:

I can't believe he is a year old - it seems only yesterday that he was a little puppy. You may have to wait a little longer for him to become any wiser. We are still waiting for that to happen with our Archie and he is 14 next birthday.

@ianpspurs how are your puppies settling in?

Oh no! Haha I won’t hold my breath then!
7e92287a-8d24-4416-baba-41e36ad4d33f.jpg
This is his birthday photo, such a handsome young man now ( I would say that!)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from yet bright and sparkly morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of video chats with grandchildren and a successful home delivery yesterday came in at 4.6 this am

Yes @DJC3 - I am falling about with Joe Wicks - alternating with resistance training. So, Joe Wicks today.

Our annual family weekend, always May bank holiday weekend, has now been cancelled. We received an email from the venue yesterday telling us that they are closing down. Knew it would happen but refunds seem dependent upon them telling us rather than the other way round.

Stay positive and remember that a spotless house is the sign of a wasted life - or is that drinking too much gin?

Best have koffy.

Glad you’re doing the Joe Wicks thing too - I’m finding kangaroo jumps surprisingly hard!
Hope your refund materialises, you’re right that it seems to depend on them telling you.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes we know ours will not happen but have not heard from the cottage owner, we have been every May for 10 years as a family. Son not paid balance, he buys it for all the family as a birthday/Christmas present, so not sure he will get deposit back. Seems like dad, me, will be having to make a charming, diplomatic phone call to owner on sons behalf. Son would go at it like a sledge hammer, must be a farrier thing all that hammering, loose deposit and we will never be able to darken their doorstep again. I will get a deal.

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.1 on that mind of it's own meter this morning.

Well folks what are you plans for today, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, the birds are singing, noisy little blighters now where is the shot gun. I better get moving and make koffy,
It sure is quiet around here apart from the little birdies, it must be Sunday masquerading as Thursday.
Never mind, have a great day all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg of 5.2 for me today. Good news on the fbgs @dunelm @Krystyna23040 and @DJC3 with @trick60 deserving a special mention this morning - hug for no bread. Happy birthday Dennis. Pups are fine - due their 2nd set of jabs today which may or may not go ahead. DIL will give them here or no contact way at vet surgery. If Julie goes out we have organised a way for us to be separate for a week. What a spuriously Cnut like term shielding is. Stay safe and don't forget what is happening here next time you enter the voting booth.
Update: How could I forget you @karen8967. Intrusive question maybe but from previous posts I am thinking you are a key worker. Is that right?

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fab 5.0 for me. Hope you all slept well, great fbg @trick60

Anyone else here doing the Joe Wicks PE lesson at 9am every morning - we are jumping along while FaceTiming daughter and the girls, quite sets me up for the day.

Found out yesterday that no2 daughter (who is on yr 2 of her mental health nursing degree) will not be going back to uni for at least 6 months but will be working on the wards as extra nursing staff. We have mixed feelings - she’s glad to be doing something positive, but worried they’ll expect her to do more than she’s trained to do ( mental health nursing has totally different skills, but she’s expecting to be sent to a physical ward) We’re also a bit worried about how to manage when she comes into the house - luckily there is a shower downstairs so she Can go straight in and we’ve designated an armchair for her sole use. Sleeping arrangements are difficult as we don’t have a spare room ( she shares with her partner) Mr C has offered to sleep on the sofa for the duration ( as we knew he would, bless him) so we have all shuffled sleeping arrangements accordingly. Not sure when this starts, she has an exam ( now online) Friday so I guess we’ll hear more after that.
In other news Yesterday was Dennis’ birthday - he’s now 1 yr old but hasn’t become any wiser.
Take care all. Thank goodness the sun is shining.
Son, DIL and kids did the Joe Wicks course yesterday they said they were aching all over when they finished. Also signed up for the Carol Vorderman maths sessions which are apparently being put on for free at the moment. Looks as if Son is taking his home schooling for the kids very seriously. I suggested he set the kids to learning Spanish as they were doing this at school during the last term but he chickened out, he never learned Spanish at school so says the kids will be much better at it than him.

Gorgeous pic of Dennis.

Best have koffy.
Good news for me managed to get a grocery slot - its only a click and collect but better than nothing - date 13th April. Mind you think I only managed to get it because I couldn't sleep and got up at 04:00am. We have got enough food to last until then but its strange trying to pick food weeks in advance.

We too have heard from our holidays. We were supposed to be travelling to Spain on 3rd April, Finally heard holiday is cancelled. Son has been offered vouchers or re-booking at present. We can complain about this which he will do as this virus is not going to go away any time soon so no point in travelling until they have a viable vaccine. Too many vulnerable people in the party.

Have a good day folks.

Bloods 5.1 this morning.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.4 which is fine. Great fbgs @trick60 and @DJC3. Happy birthday to Dennis, love the photo, he does pose and looks incredibly wise. Hug for the worry of daughter being called up and precautions in the household getting more complicated. I am sure you will devise a plan that is safe as can be and will soon become the new normal. Good luck to her and for her exams and THANK YOU to her.
Time we had another pic of Bill and Ben @ianpspurs. @True Blue it must be nice working on your boat in this weather.
Mr Fuzz is back. He chased Mrs Fuzz around the garden Benny Hill style all yesterday afternoon and had us in stitches. Atm he is more focused on his ardour than eating seed.
I am off to my first Sainsburys Click & Collect this morning this morning. Already know no gin or tonic in order. Poor Mr PM, he doesnt like my orange gin & soda.
Am to Sainsburys later for Click & Collect. Will report back how that goes. I will be taking no chances.
Have the best Thursday you can. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.4 which is fine. Great fbgs @trick60 and @DJC3. Happy birthday to Dennis, love the photo, he does pose and looks incredibly wise. Hug for the worry of daughter being called up and precautions in the household getting more complicated. I am sure you will devise a plan that is safe as can be and will soon become the new normal. Good luck to her and for her exams and THANK YOU to her.
Time we had another pic of Bill and Ben @ianpspurs. @True Blue it must be nice working on your boat in this weather.
Mr Fuzz is back. He chased Mrs Fuzz around the garden Benny Hill style all yesterday afternoon and had us in stitches. Atm he is more focused on his ardour than eating seed.
I am off to my first Sainsburys Click & Collect this morning this morning. Already know no gin or tonic in order. Poor Mr PM, he doesnt like my orange gin & soda.
Am to Sainsburys later for Click & Collect. Will report back how that goes. I will be taking no chances.
Have the best Thursday you can. Stay well, stay safe.
Being psychic I can divine you are going to Sainsbury's for click and collect this morning. Be advised, they only have very, very slow gin at that store - won't be there yet:angelic: “the line between disorder and order lies in logistics”. Sun Tzu

IbTRabQSkg399YnYJLbe2cK2EfAeukWKQSqSX0RAKQLnopr7mOErihxzmrrr5ZzlQzCipEUgiLr9guMDz-8o2cfLeAWh-_qcTKhC3H4rl7Ui4J6-kKXaCa9LGppW2Ti5hJsDsQEP

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A bright sunny morning and I'm showing 5.9 and a temp of 35.9 so all is good :)

Following on from the Dune quote old Ernest had something to say

View attachment 39692
That's an interesting quote. There is a line in a Leonard Cohen song 'There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in,' which was obviously inspired by the Ernest Hemingway quote.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
26-03-2020
7.15am FBG 5.7
Planning another busy day in the garden. Some herbs to pot on. Few more seeds to put in and a little bit of digging. My shoulder is protesting about the lack of exercise and threatening to seize up again. The grass needs cutting as well. And the enormous leylandii hedge.
MrSlim is investigating the wonders of online shopping on French builders merchant websites. Seems we will be staying here for a little longer.
Had not worried about food supplies until yesterday when found that we have nearly run out of cheese. Small worry really compared to many on here.
I notice that Prince Charles has got Covid. Perhaps the public need a high profile death to convince them this is serious?
@Ryhia there is a free language learning app. DUOLINGO. Am using it to learn french effective, but a bit childish. Perhaps your grandchildren would like this? They do lot of different languages. My sister has raised the bar by letting me know she is now doing Spanish and Italian as well as French.
I paid the small fee for the upgraded version without adverts.
@ianpspurs your puppies are gorgeous.
@SaskiaKC Good luck with the moving plans. Hope everything goes smoothly.
@gennepher it must be so frustrating watching people ignore rules made for the safety of all. Hugs.
Keep well everyone.

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have looked at Dennis 's picture again ,- he definitely has a mischievous look on his face.

Yes indeed, he is neither wise nor well behaved - I’m holding a treat up to get him to sit and pose for the photo!

Your pups look like perfect Andrex puppies @ianpspurs gorgeous.
@PenguinMum I can just imagine the Benny Hill scene with Mr and Mrs Fuzz, glad they’re back to keep your spirits up.
@Ryhia glad the PE is going down well with your family, there’s so much online isn’t there? and more stuff being added daily. I don’t know how old your grandchildren are but David Walliams is also doing a live story time at 11am, my 9yo granddaughter loves his books so that will be a big hit.
Edit to change Ryhia’s family relationships I got wrong. ( sorry)

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
26-03-2020
7.15am FBG 5.7
Planning another busy day in the garden. Some herbs to pot on. Few more seeds to put in and a little bit of digging. My shoulder is protesting about the lack of exercise and threatening to seize up again. The grass needs cutting as well. And the enormous leylandii hedge.
MrSlim is investigating the wonders of online shopping on French builders merchant websites. Seems we will be staying here for a little longer.
Had not worried about food supplies until yesterday when found that we have nearly run out of cheese. Small worry really compared to many on here.
I notice that Prince Charles has got Covid. Perhaps the public need a high profile death to convince them this is serious?
@Ryhia there is a free language learning app. DUOLINGO. Am using it to learn french effective, but a bit childish. Perhaps your grandchildren would like this? They do lot of different languages. My sister has raised the bar by letting me know she is now doing Spanish and Italian as well as French.
I paid the small fee for the upgraded version without adverts.
@ianpspurs your puppies are gorgeous.
@SaskiaKC Good luck with the moving plans. Hope everything goes smoothly.
@gennepher it must be so frustrating watching people ignore rules made for the safety of all. Hugs.
Keep well everyone.

Thank you for letting me know about the language app, I will let son know. Maybe something for me to look at as well if I manage to find the time. I have been told Son has got the kids wearing their school uniform for lessons maybe a good idea as otherwise they would mess about - wonder how that is going and if he is a strict headmaster.

Hubs is out in the garden at the moment painting the fence with preserver.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

beautiful sunny morning here after yesterdays rain :)

perhaps when it's dried out we may get something done in the 'garden' for our exercise hour ;)

My sister's husband has now been told to stay at home for up to 12 weeks by his employer, he's a type 2 but is also asthmatic and tends to get bronchitis in winter, (possibly because he was in a house fire when he was a child). They have put him down as on sick leave temporarily until HM gov. gets it's act together....... (insert your own comment here !!)

My sister and I were speaking last night and she was laughing because she'd had a phone call from a friend who already felt stir crazy (after 1 day!), fortunately my family tend to the slightly reclusive anyway :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you’re doing the Joe Wicks thing too - I’m finding kangaroo jumps surprisingly hard!
Hope your refund materialises, you’re right that it seems to depend on them telling you.
No kangaroo jumps today - ye ha!

Reactions: DJC3