What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too. Today I was in the middle of the grocery store when I got a call from the small-town apartment manager saying they are not letting anyone move in now. I was so disappointed that I went and bought a whole bottle of wine. I would have bought bourbon if the store sold hard liquor, but I can mix the wine with some lemonade.

That was before the confrontation with the guy crowding into my space. I was already wanting to come home and open the bottle of wine and proceed to get quietly drunk.

Only problem is, I don't really drink. Before I ever drink enough to get drunk I get a headache and then all I want to do is go lie down and literally fall asleep.

t0304.gif
t0305.gif
t2239.gif
Oh that’s a real blow Saskia. It’s sensible of him I know but really not what you wanted to hear. I’m not surprised about the wine and getting gently sloshed. I’d have done exactly the same but probably less gently. Hope your head feels ok in the morning.
This won’t last forever, you will still get to your lovely new home, the main thing is that you’re safe. Take care.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a large hula hoop in my garage.
A thought...
All I need to do is get a full short skirt of mine, and sew the hula hoop round the hem...
What do you think...
I would you know....

By the way do any of you young girls remember in the playground when you had something similar to a hula hoop round your full skirts?

But it was a bit of a malfunction when you sat on the swing....
Still waiting for the beasts to come in and allow me to close the door...I'm too soft with them...they have made great progress..
Charlie & Lola January 2020 & again in March 2020...we will have to invest in a larger chair for them...
View attachment 39956 View attachment 39957
Such pretty faces. They look like the cats that got the cream :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh that’s a real blow Saskia. It’s sensible of him I know but really not what you wanted to hear. I’m not surprised about the wine and getting gently sloshed. I’d have done exactly the same but probably less gently. Hope your head feels ok in the morning.
This won’t last forever, you will still get to your lovely new home, the main thing is that you’re safe. Take care.

Thank you. You too. :)

Actually I came home and drank nearly a bottle of chocolate milk. So my head will probably be fine in the morning but my FBG will be through the roof.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. You too. :)

Actually I came home and drank nearly a bottle of chocolate milk. So my head will probably be fine in the morning but my FBG will be through the roof.
Chocolate milk...I had forgotten about that @SaskiaKC
That used to be one of my comfort foods!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I apologise if I have not responded to or missed out some messages but my brain keeps cutting off...

Fbg 6.9
Temp 35.5

Take care
Be safe

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I apologise if I have not responded to or missed out some messages but my brain keeps cutting off...

Fbg 6.9
Temp 35.5

Take care
Be safe

I wish my brain could cut off for awhile. I guess I should have drunk the wine after all, instead of the chocolate milk.
At least I was able to sleep for a few hours -- and dreamed about doing laundry with a woman who was in the army!

Gentle hugs @gennepher.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wish my brain could cut off for awhile. I guess I should have drunk the wine after all, instead of the chocolate milk.
At least I was able to sleep for a few hours -- and dreamed about doing laundry with a woman who was in the army!

Gentle hugs @gennepher.

Thank you @SaskiaKC

My brain just flatlines with no thoughts coming in or out...

Take care x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Popeye is in fighting mode.
Nasty black&white feral cat that tried to kill him is outside.
They are now going round from glass window to glass door to try and work out how to commence battle...

F3ACB7CD-99FF-4AD7-92EA-B2D6AB6753B2.jpeg

Reactions: dunelm

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Popeye is in fighting mode.
Nasty black&white feral cat that tried to kill him is outside.
They are now going round from glass window to glass door to try and work out how to commence battle...

View attachment 39987
This is awful, please keep him in at all costs. Where on earth are these cats coming from? Pity you do t have one of those super soakers and give him a blast through the window without letting Popeye out of course.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and 5.8 this Spring day.

Birthday card creation today. Grandaughter is 7 this week, birthday party cancelled. So a sketch of her extremely scruffy looking but tolerant and surprisingly smart dog, it's all black a real challenge.

Keep safe and healing thoughts for those unwell.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 so while ok has been rising by .1 since Tuesday. Action required
Well its Saturday but could be any day really. Plan to resume weeding and tidying today so when its warmer tomo I can sit and admire.
@OldButBold hope you had a calmer night and managed some rest.
@SaskiaKC I am truly sorry for the delay in moving. I think the US like here has to get worse before it gets better and restrictions can be lifted but it might take a while. Your new pad will be still waiting for you but I feel your disappointment.
Have the best Saturday you can. Stay/get well, stay safe, never moreso.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very naughty morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a delicious but over carbed dinner and far more wine than is good for you when you pass the age of 25 came in at sky rocket of 5.8 this am.

We had a birthday dinner last night. My sister sent over her birthday menu last week and we all linked up to eat it on facetime. Very jolly but only my sister can speak English, French and Portuguese. My French is nearly as bad as my brother in law’s English. We can both emulate Peter Sellers and who knows what goes on with Portuguese. I blame that Vasco da Gama bloke. Still, five hours of fun but far too much booze - that waiter needs a good talking to.

Have as wonderful a day as you can. Absolutely must fill a cafetière with some soothing dark Italian koffy.

Reactions: HarryBeau

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today. in the SketchClubApp
Been working on this for nearly four hours now.
Using one finger, it is therapeutic and is like moving acrylic paints around...

I am 16 here, and I used an old transparency to work with, and that has gone a bit funny. I don't have a viewer any more to look at it properly...

I don't look like this now :)

View attachment 39977

That's fantastic Genn, I like all the artwork but that's outstanding.... and quite a looker ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Amazing artwork since I last dropped in. @gennepher such talent and beauty which was the theme I felt in different ways from the work of @geefull and @Muddy Cyclist. @Muddy Cyclist yours was my favourite so far and very evocative of the washes from my previous home area. @SaskiaKC tough day but your inner resilience carried you through. On the whole I'm inclined to think the choc milk and potential higher fbg was the best route - if the road less travelled on here. 5.4 for me today. Caveat around accuracy then the issues of is that low enough, how could I have done better and would taking those actions have adversely impacted on the bigger picture? Oh so very Jim Reeves (welcome to my world) - but y'all can have some 3 degrees (reputedly Prince Charles has a thing for they- and tomato + marmite sourdough sandwiches both of those sound very good to me) Lyrics https://genius.com/The-three-degrees-when-will-i-see-you-again-lyrics[URL]https://genius.com/The-three-degrees-when-will-i-see-you-again-lyrics[/URL]

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.4 this morning, all good there. I’ll be doing the same as you @PenguinMum and trying to make the garden as nice as possible so we can relax in good spirits if the hot weather materialises.
first day out of quarantine for us and I find I don’t really want to leave. Mr C is going to get supplies and will swing by B&Q to get strimmer cable - does that count as an essential journey?
@OldButBold I hope you had a more restful night last night.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up to a 4.9 this morning,

Yesterday took some home made sanitizer and face masks round to an elderly lady we know - safe distance of course . No doubt these will be passed on to her son who is shopping for her and whom she is worrying about. We then took the long way home via Ryhope beach. Which is down the road from us 5 mins walk away . Its a pebble beach that is generally only used by the locals as the other beaches around the area are much more attractive. About half a dozen people were out walking along the cliffs, or just walking their dogs along the path. It was a little difficult to keep our distance as the path winds through a gully down to the beach then there are stone steps down. We had just decided to go on the spur of the moment, when we got there it was high tide! Still it was pleasant to watch the waves wash up on the shingle and just catch some peace.

Edited to add: Busy day today - click and collect at 10:00am. I seem to have spent nearly double what I usually spend - why? Oh yes its been a case of DIL phoning to ask can you just get me.... and then of course there were those Easter eggs for the kids to include.

Hope everyone is ok today.

Last edited: