What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you decide to go for a Sodastream, dont dilly dally, of all the things I have ordered since all this began the delivery has/is taking the longest. Not impressed with them tbh. Nothing makes me more grumpy than no mixer for my gin, no problem getting deliveries of gin so far. :)
It WAS a Soda stream! They are miffed that I guessed but also comforted that it isn’t just that order which has gone astray. They ordered on 30th March ( which is unlikely to have got here by my bd anyway tbh).
@maglil55 I can still get soda in our local Coop but its the reduction of plastic waste which made me want the Sodastream. I’m using 3 or 4 a week as I find I can drink it all day long ( no gin until the evening I hasten to add) I struggle to drink enough flat water.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you continue to get better. I dont know what the problem is with eggs atm. The hens are laying and there shouldnt be a shortage surely with less tea rooms, restaurants, etc open. On the other hand the dairy industry is struggling with surplus milk. I wonder if they can turn more into cheese and freeze it for later. Got none with my Sainsburys order this week and am hoping for some from the farm shop on Saturday.

I was reliably (I think reliably anyway) informed the issue with eggs has never been the eggs. It has been the cartons/containers/trays.

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It WAS a Soda stream! They are miffed that I guessed but also comforted that it isn’t just that order which has gone astray. They ordered on 30th March ( which is unlikely to have got here by my bd anyway tbh).
@maglil55 I can still get soda in our local Coop but its the reduction of plastic waste which made me want the Sodastream. I’m using 3 or 4 a week as I find I can drink it all day long ( no gin until the evening I hasten to add) I struggle to drink enough flat water.
I ordered on 27 March so just hope we both get deliveries pronto!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and White chocolate phd bar.
Late Lunch: 2 x Babybels followed Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: chicken supreme with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and berry and almond paleo granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was reliably (I think reliably anyway) informed the issue with eggs has never been the eggs. It has been the cartons/containers/trays.
I agree with @DJC3. I have about 20 egg boxes stacked up. I always saved them for the school as the kids use them for loads of things. Of course, with schools closed they just continue to mount up!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Addition. I found it necessary to have a DGF chocolate and hazelnut and a lemon and blueberry. All in the interests of research and I still cannot decide which one I like best. Also my chesty feeling has gone again without the hot shower. This is just weird the way symptoms come and go.
@PenguinMum - I suspect I may wait on Lakeland opening again to get a sodastream. They did have an offer for MyLakeland members on the sodastream and I'm kind of hoping it is still active when they reopen or the bring it back again.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
09-04-2020
Breakfast nut granola, 2 egg omelette with mushroom stalks and some chopped yellow pepper. CWC X2
Lunch. When MrSlim got home with the shopping . Salad, coleslaw, baguette( tiny piece for me) ham. I added cheese as well. Tea and water to drink.
Snack. Piece of cheese. More cheese.
Dinner fried salmon, green peppers salad and coleslaw. Raspberries and Crême frâiche. Few glasses of wine.
Tea and bedtime tea.
While MrSlim was out shopping, managed to get motivated enough to do housework. Kitchen, bathroom and living room. Utility too on the way through. Made coleslaw for lunch. Interesting selection of shopping from my list. I had run out of wine and was threatening to start on his red. Obviously he took this to heart. Came home with five cases of wine to my taste and only one for him. Although he also got several different types of bread and some magnificent salmon paves along with the more mundane items. As has become the norm, some items were unavailable, remaining on the list in the probably vain hope that they will be there next time one of us ventures out.
Have been attempting to get a medicated shampoo, having left my mine at parents house. Ofc they can't go out to post it and it seems unavailable here. Maybe another trip on my bike is called for here? Not that i really want to go out, but i need to know what is possible in case I am left without a car. Planning for the worst you see.
Taking it steady @ianpspurs. And full of admiration for the way you have stepped up to the plate. Learning new cooking skills almost every day.
Thanks to everyone for supportive messages.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: A couple of isolated beers and a packet of pork krackles.
Dinner: Belly pork slices, veggies, pan juoce gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee mo sugars, beer, water.

We signed up to Coles priority delivery service, to see if we could get stuff that is unavailable at Woolies. From what I can see Coles are using Airtasker for the delivery windows.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes my husband had this information too. His last delivery of eggs from a local supplier came loose in a shallow tray.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Lots of clapping in this village last night - there are more and mire clapping each week.

My hypochondriac neighbour (whose been T2 for about 15 years) has been attempting the Newcastle Diet without reducing her insulin - then decided to ring 999 yesterday thinking she had coronavirus. They turned up with blues and twos going and wearing full protective gear. They left 10 mins later without her. Her BG has run so high for so long that she didn't recognise the beginnings of hypo symptoms. This was during the clapping and shouty chatting afterwards there was quite a large audience.

I just got the notification of my Asda order... the only missing item is Mr C's hot cross buns but quite a few subs although most of them are okay-ish. As they are only offering 7 days of slots at a time I waited until just after midnight to book one for next Friday only to find the ONE remaining slot was 6-8pm! No click and collect slots left.

@SlimLizzy What are salmon paves? how lovely that your husband is sensible with getting shopping. The last time Mr C did a weekly shop on his own it was interesting to say the least.

Food for today...

Breakfast: slice of Burgen toast with lots of scrummy scrambled eggs

Lunch: Actimel and a bit of brie

Dinner: Mr C is cooking - not 100% sure what but probably veggie and /or lentil curries with cauliflower rice.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bearing in mind the inadequate PPE my DIL has to wear nursing COVID patients that is quite tasteless. I'll leave this up for a while then I will/you can delete - guess we all need humour right now and I'm no angel.

and yet, all over the world, enterprising would-be engineers are pooling skills and resources to contribute whatever they can to help out our over stretched health services.

https://www.ft.com/content/7ebb238c-67c7-11ea-a3c9-1fe6fedcca75

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ke-diy-ventilators-to-meet-coronavirus-demand

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/19/o...ilator-validation-prototype-in-just-one-week/

instead of choosing to take offence, you could choose to take it as a humorous tribute to all those wonderful people.

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.7 - bit higher than usual but it is falling back during the day. @Chook - I've been up and down with whatever I've had for weeks. My sore throat came back but nowhere near as bad as it was at the beginning, then a day later disappeared again. Today I'm a bit chesty again but again not as bad. I'll have a hot shower later which should take care of it. @PenguinMum & @DJC3 - We were talking about a sodastream too mainly because soda water had disappeared in the supermarkets. It's been put to one side due to that air fryer coming into Lidl but I think it will return as an option later. I had to laugh at the subs @DJC3. It's been a while since I got daft subs (touch wood since I have an order coming tomorrow). I'll have to venture out once I find out what isn't coming tomorrow. It's a big order for the two households.
B. TAG and 1 Dairylea triangles.
L. Nothing was catching up with brother on the phone and organising butcher order/amending Morrisons order.
D. That DD chicken breast stuffed with cream/grated cheese, jalapeno and pepper. Also topped it with the remains of the sauce I made for the parmigiana. Another DGF probably.
Edit. Add mushroom and a few veggie chips I found in the freezer. I have a severe veggie shortage now. Hope I can find celeriac tomorrow or does turnip dauphinoise work?

Worth a try anyway, but I suppose it depends on the turnip - white or swede. White should work not so sure about the swede.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If you decide to go for a Sodastream, dont dilly dally, of all the things I have ordered since all this began the delivery has/is taking the longest. Not impressed with them tbh. Nothing makes me more grumpy than no mixer for my gin, no problem getting deliveries of gin so far. :)

Neil bought a box of soda water syphons about 2 years ago and from the bits he has put 2 working syphons together. For them, I buy gas bulbs from the internet (once I found a supplier who would send them to the Island) and he makes his own soda water with the gaseous water and a pinch of bicarb. Seems to work pretty well for him - he uses it to help control his crohn's symptoms. The whole box of bits only cost a couple of pounds (plus postage). And we now have some colourful and odd shaped vases as well.