What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm I looked up LERT and the urban dictionary definition can only be copied in part, see below, any more would have me banned from the forum for ever.:joyful:

When you are "lert" there is the constant feeling that nothing will satisfy you but a good time.......

I think we have no need to worry there are already many LERTS in the country, batten down the hatches!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm I looked up LERT and the urban dictionary definition can only be copied in part, see below, any more would have me banned from the forum for ever.:joyful:

When you are "lert" there is the constant feeling that nothing will satisfy you but a good time.......

I think we have no need to worry there are already many LERTS in the country, batten down the hatches!

So not Lutheran Early Response Team after all.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who woke up this morning.

Just quick note to say thanks for the hugs yesterday, today I feel much betterer.

A straight 6.0 this morning and a reduced insulin dose as I have been very active and will continue to be for the rest of today.

I had to smile at @dunelm 's posting " be alert " nothing wrong with " lerts ", being 85% neanderthal, 25% homosapian and 43.6% of unknown constituents we minorities must stick together.

Well folks it looks like tough times are the order of the day for many, hugs where required and please spare a thought for those who IQ level does not get into positive numbers.
Remember a smile costs nothing and can cause people to think you have wind.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have just listened to Boris Johnson and cannot write what I think as my post will (quite rightly) be moderated. I just don't think this will go well at all.
On a positive note Krystyna at least he's finally combed his hair

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Just a quick update. The water was gone yesterday morning. What I have now is reminiscent of an estuary with the tide out. Inches of fine mud, mixed with stones. In one place it's like a sandbank. There are even a few seashells. The driveway man is coming on wednesday to see what can be done. He also does groundworks so we may ask him to dig a ditch. Or rip out the huge hedge and then dig a ditch in its place. We can then replant a new hedge which we will keep to a more manageable size. All of these options ofc will be €€€, maybe even €€€€.
The stray cat is sitting by the steps in the first pic.
Its very windy today. Some plants that looked reasonable yesterday have been further damaged by the gusts. Also slugs are taking a toll. We don't usually have a problem with slugs. I found it a bit upsetting when my new seedlings, that cheered me up yesterday, got badly chewed in the night. Silly really

This morning was spent hauling heavy tools out of the barn and setting them to dry. Now it seems, many hand tools need wiping with an oily rag. Am I going to do this? Undecided as yet. Certainly not right now, outside. It's still really windy and cold too.
20200511_185043.jpeg
20200511_142444.jpeg
20200511_142444.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oops two pics the same. Was meant to be my beans and nasturtium seedlings looking really sad.
20200511_183752.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

I think the weather today has to be designated as 'changeable' :)

Spent some of my day turning up the hems on a couple of pairs of trousers, a job I was intending to do weeks ago :sorry: It was obviously on the 'to don't' list ;)

We've managed a walk in between the showers earlier, (well lagged and wearing my woolly hat :hilarious:) and the air is very clear today because of the recent rain.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - hope the results for MIL today are favourable.

@SlimLizzy - your poor plants! We don't get too many slugs here we tend to get snails (it's all the sand), last year they ate all my carefully tended tree lupin seedlings the first night after we put them in :(

@gennepher - what a lovely sky, very much like the one outside my window at the moment ;)

art catch up for today -
today's effort is inspired by Barry Hilton's paintings - I like the very bold use of his colours in landscapes and his strong skies.
upload_2020-5-11_20-12-53.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

Spent some of my day turning up the hems on a couple of pairs of trousers, a job I was intending to do weeks ago :sorry: It was obviously on the 'to don't' list ;)

We've managed a walk in between the showers earlier, (well lagged and wearing my woolly hat :hilarious:) and the air is very clear today because of the recent rain.

@SlimLizzy - your poor plants! We don't get too many slugs here we tend to get snails (it's all the sand), last year they ate all my carefully tended tree lupin seedlings the first night after we put them in :(

@gennepher - what a lovely sky, very much like the one outside my window at the moment ;)

art catch up for today -
today's effort is inspired by Barry Hilton's paintings - I like the very bold use of his colours in landscapes and his strong skies.
View attachment 41249
Getting bolder with the colour pallet, excellent, like the vast sweeping feel to the sky, a good landscape.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher another fine sky, I do like your pastel skies, very evocative.

This is certainly the last of my Last Light of the day paintings for now, need to move on all these sky paintings by @gennepher and @geefull are inspiring me to go back to some big sky painting.

So today's painting is based on yesterday's sketch of sunlight hitting just a few trees in a local wood on the side of a west facing hill. A4 watercolour about 90 minutes.

IMG_3111.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher another fine sky, I do like your pastel skies, very evocative.

This is certainly the last of my Last Light of the day paintings for now, need to move on all these sky paintings by @gennepher and @geefull are inspiring me to go back to some big sky painting.

So today's painting is based on yesterday's sketch of sunlight hitting just a few trees in a local wood on the side of a west facing hill. A4 watercolour about 90 minutes.

View attachment 41255

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

I am just looking at your painting of my tiny phone screen, it is very effective, and I'm loving the blues in it. I am looking forward to having a look on my larger tablet screen later when I get it up and running....

Edit: Looking at your painting on the larger tablet screen now, I am liking this even more, and I liked it enough on the tiny phone screen. Your paintings work really well on both the tiny phone screen and on the larger screen. You can see the detail on both sized screens. Mine don't, they don't work well on the tiny phone screen, they go too vivid and intense.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

art catch up for today -
View attachment 41249
Thank you @geefull
I like your painting very much. You are getting a different feel to them.
You have caught the essence of Hilton's paintings.
I like that you are introducing me to different artists.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning was spent hauling heavy tools out of the barn and setting them to dry. Now it seems, many hand tools need wiping with an oily rag. Am I going to do this? Undecided as yet. Certainly not right now, outside. It's still really windy and cold too.
Hugs for all the mess and work to be done @SlimLizzy
I would be spraying WD40 over all the hand tools as the lazy option to the oily rag.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5
At 4am

Temp 36

I was nibbling a lot yesterday, normally I would be on the internet more. But I now have a full months data from this morning, so hopefully no nibbling today.

3C outside today. Looks like sun again. Yesterday was so cold outside that I had my blanket on me as I was on my thatched swing. Popeye had his favourite blanket too. I was just watching the blackbirds going to and fro and not doing much else. Then me and him retired to my bed and an electric blanket for the afternoon!

So I chilled out yesterday.

My friend who lives near Winchester, and who has acted pretty much as Covid-19 has not existed up to now, has sent me a message, "According to new government figures, the Winchester district has one of the highest contamination rates for Covid-19 in the UK"
My friend has suddenly decided to batten down the hatches...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. My fbg was 5 on the Libre reader and 5.1 on the phone app @ 4.45 and 4.47 respectively. Impressive trough in the night below the 3 line presumably body then quickly kicked out wake up juice which is why stupid O'clock happens on low, low carb days. Libre may be helping me to follow the science©. Dips may be attributed to finding and eliminating the contents of an Armagnac bottle in my quest to free up space. Monday was celeriac, leek, bacon and chorizo soup day which was voted soup most likely to succeed in using up oversized veg. The parsnip front can wait until we have won the war on celeriac. Opening a second front is too risky. Slightly miffed that tennis and golf (goff?) are allowed but not polo. That's what you get for putting a commie in No 10 .Anyone else find the man a poor E W Swanton? Enjoy Tuesday responsibly whatever level we are on - anyone know the cheat codes?

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning and the sun has decided to return which puts gardening back on the table :)

Walked up to the shops and did a quick turnabout as it seems the people think the lockdown is over. Given B'ham had more deaths than any UK city you'd think they'd be more cautious but it seems they are happy in their selfishness.