What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

B: the Bovril/lc hot choc dynamic duo
L: lamb ribs
D: chicken tikka and 1 small onion bhaji

Also had 1 takeaway full carb Starbucks hot choc while Mr B reignited his flat white habit. Twice.
The hc increased my bg by 2.5mmol/l for a whole 15 mins, which I call acceptable. :D

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Excellent looking cheesecake. I could use some to cheer me up from my car woes! Happy Birthday @ianpspurs! Hope Julie spoiled you x
Thank you @maglil55 made by whipping together sugar free Lemon Curd and cream cheese. Base is nut granola bound together with melted butter as suggested by @Goonergal

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and salted caramel phd bar.
Late Lunch: Gouda and chorizo rollitos followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: Chicken satay sticks, leafy salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC raspberry and vanilla granola.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Another Mainly OMAD - third in a row! - although had other half of DGF millionaires shortbread mid pm
Coffee all day
Mid pm tea with half of a dgf millionaires shortbread
While cooking a few walnuts and glass of dry white
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with celeriac chips, and asparagus and glass of white wine followed by DGF choc brownie with one strawberry and cream.
Youngest son hoping to come to ours tomorrow for picnic lunch in our garden to celebrate father’s day ahead of the day! So will be having at least two meals tomorrow

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Looks like I’ll have to make my own fish fingers @PenguinMum . Parmesan crumb on cod should do it.

Cheesecake looked delicious @SlimLizzy and I’ve ‘copied me that’ recipe @DCUKMod

Bit of an erratic eating day. Work is really quite stressful and trips to the fridge have started creeping up. Too much cream and almond butter, but a late lunch/early dinner of beef short rib. Looking forward to some weekend walking.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post again yesterday so here goes before I forget.
Breakfast - cheese and mushroom omelette ( I’ve started having breakfast again to combat DP which has gone a bit bonkers recently)
Lunch- In daughters garden, took my own salami, cheese and a tuna melt muffin. Coffee made by 7yo with a secret ingredient which turned out to be ‘special hugs stirred into it’. made my day
Dinner- fish pie, sauce just cream and cheese. No cauli or celeriac for mash so the top was sliced courgette brushed with butter and sprinkled with Parmesan. Worked well.
@DCUKMod I’ll be interested to see what you think of the pork recipe, I like the sound of the flavourings but it seems to be cooked fairly quickly and I wonder if the fat might still be a bit chewy?
@SlimLizzy the lemon curd cheesecakes look wonderful. I’ll be making those!
@Goonergal hugs for the stressful work situation and I completely sympathise with your trips to the fridge and almond butter. When we arrived back at the old house last week I was happy to find 1/2 jar of almond butter I’d left in the cupboard. It had gone in 2 days but I don’t think it appeared on any of my ‘what have you eaten today’ posts. Just the odd spoonful here and there but it soon went.
Edit for typo

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
[QUOTE="Goonergal,

Cheesecake looked delicious @SlimLizzy and I’ve ‘copied me that’ recipe @DCUKMod
[/QUOTE]

Forgot to mention I added tiny bit more sweetener. Granola is breakfast food, don't like it too sweet, but as part of dessert, needed a little more sweetness.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Good morning everyone - I hope you are all having the lovely weather we're having here.

@maglil55 - yes, bits of this village are normally a bit mad (Yorkshire ex mining village) but all of it seems to have gotten worse since lockdown. According to the village Facebook group there were five arrests for domestic violence in the first week of lockdown and thefts of dogs and bicycles have rocketed recently as has car vandalism and the destruction of farmers' crops with quad bikes. Lockdown here seems to be bringing out the worse in some people so while I don't agree with this quick relaxation of lockdown measures, I do hope this mini crime wave will stop when the idiots in the village are back to getting on with their normal lives. Hopefully.

I'm going to take Mr C's tech away from him - he loves to look at websites of dogs who need re-homing (which is how we ended up with our black Lab Jack) and has now been in touch with a sanctuary about a 3 y/o Lab girl who suffers with epilepsy. Can we cope with four big dogs - one of which has seizures? They haven't come back to him yet. Fingers crossed they have already found her a new home because I guarantee that if she's available that she will end up living here.

Breakfast: Omelette with carb free syrup (banana flavour)
Lunch: usual Actimel drink and a bit of cheese
Dinner: Quorn fillets, roast parsnips, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc - dessert will be strawberries

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not feeling as bad today as in the last 2 days, but still a bit shaky and no interest at all in food. However, I did wake up with a hypo (not surprising really) so dealt with that with 2 very dry and unappetising digestive biscuits - brought BG up to 8 very rapidly.

I did end up eating a little yesterday - some yoghurt with strawberry sauce and, later, decided to try to get some of the lamb tagine down. Gave up after a few spoonsful. Not worth the effort when I wasn't hungry anyway and it tasted like slightly spicy blotting paper.

I suppose I'd better have some scrambled egg - least offensive thing I can think of at present. Then we'll see how the day goes.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not feeling as bad today as in the last 2 days, but still a bit shaky and no interest at all in food. However, I did wake up with a hypo (not surprising really) so dealt with that with 2 very dry and unappetising digestive biscuits - brought BG up to 8 very rapidly.

I did end up eating a little yesterday - some yoghurt with strawberry sauce and, later, decided to try to get some of the lamb tagine down. Gave up after a few spoonsful. Not worth the effort when I wasn't hungry anyway and it tasted like slightly spicy blotting paper.

I suppose I'd better have some scrambled egg - least offensive thing I can think of at present. Then we'll see how the day goes.
So glad you are feeling a bit better. It is so draining this. At least I managed to work on cleaning the car today with frequent stops as the cordless Dyson only lasts 15 mins on full power. It never ceases to amaze me the accumulated rubbish two little people can deposit in the most awkward recesses!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Long walk along the Thames Path today. Under the river via the Woolwich Foot Tunnel, then along it on a Thames Clipper boat (recently back up and running) and back across Tower Bridge and home. Tide was very low so spent a lot of time on the riverbed. Very enjoyable but exhausted now.

Dinner was mince fried with 2 eggs, onions and some grated cheese followed by whipped cream, 85% chocolate and almond butter.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Boring food day today, can’t say I’ve really enjoyed any of it.
B: scrambled egg, sliver of smoked salmon and about 1/4 avocado
L: LoDough pizza followed by a DGF salted caramel blondie Id forgotten was in the freezer.
D: Tuna salad, with leaves, Hb egg, avocado and mayo made with a duck egg. Didn’t finish the salad

@Chook we have had a rash of bicycle thefts in our village too. We’ve had to get a padlock for the shed they’re kept in. Dog thefts too, at the beginning of lockdown but not heard of many recently.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.9 FBG 7.8 but I got up a bit later this morning so the dawn rise was underway. In between cleaning the car I had an attack of the munchies. Hubby was busy with desk stain so the first coat of charcoal grey is done before the new furniture arrives 1 July.
B. Slice LC toast and pate + TAG
L. 3 LC seeded crackers with salmon mousse.
Still hungry after next car stint so a little pot of prawns, chorizo and sundried tomatoes, 2 Dairylea triangles and the last 2 LC Crackers.
D. Burger with slice of emmental, halloumi fries, coleslaw and a salad of avocado and plum tomatoes. 1 portobello mushroom.

@Chook - don't think you're alone. A lot of people seem to have take leave of their senses. We have similar issues with teenagers going about in large groups generally making pests of themselves. Don't see why they can't just go back to school as they've been in close contact for weeks now. There's nothing for them to do as nothing is open here apart from the few businesses who have obviously decided enough is enough.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late Lunch: 3 x small chicken satay sticks followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: cooked by hubby to give me a night off, roast chicken, one tiny roast potato and mixed veg, (not the best choices carrots, broad beans and sweetcorn so just a small portion!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC vanilla and raspberry granola

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Father’s Day visit today by younger son plus his oh and dog - wonderful walk and picnic in our garden weather was kind to us. Wonderful pressie for proud father as son had made him a tie dye t shirt
Picnic lunch of cheeses, ham and salads ( I slow cooked the ham with spices yesterday wonderful.)
Dinner beef curry with a few gin and sodas.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Nothing
L. Garlic mushrooms with spinach and cream. Boys has their on muffins, at the last minute I put mine on some gouda slices as it felt odd not to have the mushrooms 'on' anything
D. South Indian takeaway as hubby's fathers day treat. I chose fish soup and a dry lamb curry as a second starter. Was really interested to see my 2 hour reading but apparently the reminder alarm went off when I was out of the room and hubby forgot to tell me so I didn't test until 3 hours 15 by which time reading was 6.2 from 5.8 so am hoping there was nothing too nasty in my choices. Had 2 glasses of wine and soda too.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Boring food day today, can’t say I’ve really enjoyed any of it.
B: scrambled egg, sliver of smoked salmon and about 1/4 avocado
L: LoDough pizza followed by a DGF salted caramel blondie Id forgotten was in the freezer.
D: Tuna salad, with leaves, Hb egg, avocado and mayo made with a duck egg. Didn’t finish the salad

@Chook we have had a rash of bicycle thefts in our village too. We’ve had to get a padlock for the shed they’re kept in. Dog thefts too, at the beginning of lockdown but not heard of many recently.
Hey your food sounds good to me today - what is LoDough pizza and what is DGF salted caramel blondie (they sound fab - are they low carb?)

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late Lunch: 3 x small chicken satay sticks followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: cooked by hubby to give me a night off, roast chicken, one tiny roast potato and mixed veg, (not the best choices carrots, broad beans and sweetcorn so just a small portion!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC vanilla and raspberry granola
Hi there - your granolas and salted caramel phd bar sound delicious - my mouth is watering - can you please advise me where I would be able to purchase these? many thanks