What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Post office delivered my deliciously guilt free order today - such a thrill and put some in freezer straight away I’m so looking forward to new flavours - for me - of bakewell and also lemon and blueberry as well as my old fave millionaire shortbread
Was aiming for OMAD but lure of the DFG delivery meant I had a delicious afternoon tea!
Afternoon tea DGF half of a millionaires shortbread- shared with OH
Dinner pork chop, asparagus, celeriac chips and mushroom sauce with glass of dry white wine followed by lc lemon and lime mousse with cream.
Exciting delivery day as my new phone also arrived - it’s got a much better camera than old phone and also will scan my libre sensor - my very old cheap Motorola couldn’t scan and phone a bit limited.
Hiya - my mouth is watering here - can you get low carb millionaires shortbread and if so, WHEREABOUT? please tell me PLEASE

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Like the sound of giant fishfingers @PenguinMum. Do you have a recipe?

Hungry day for me.

Breakfast was 20% mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.
Midday had some whipped creamy cheese with 100% chocolate drops.
Dinner was carnivore pizza topped with chorizo and Polish sausage
Hi there - 100% chocolate drops sound yummy - can you be so kind and tell me where I could buy these wee treats - many thanks!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I’ve missed a couple of days. But here’s today’s food.
Black coffee
Socially distanced takeaway lunch with no 3 daughter - a salad bowl with chicken, h/b egg, leaves, roast Med veg, olives and coleslaw. V nice but maybe not enough fat as I was really hungry a couple of hours later so had some cheese.
Dinner some wonderfully fresh fish
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-thai-fish-curry-coconut with a couple of glasses of white wine.
@Rachox my deepest sympathies for your dads funeral, but my great admiration for your food choices throughout such an emotional and difficult time.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya - my mouth is watering here - can you get low carb millionaires shortbread and if so, WHEREABOUT? please tell me PLEASE
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/
they do a discount on first order. They are not cheap but neither are the ingredients and seems like a lovely small company based in Cambridge - yu can pick up if live nearby but unfortunatley Im at other side of the midlands! Post office delivery for me so I tend to bulk order so free delivery.........
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/products/millionaires-shortbread
I do try and bake my own things as well but these are such a treat when youw ant convenience and variety.

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Asda delivery due today and I got the email this morning telling me what's been subbed or out of stock. No eggs - again! Low fat subs on a lot of the dairy and weird bread products for Mr C. Luckily they are now taking returns so off we went this morning to find all the missing stuff expecting it to be difficult but, no, Morrisons had everything I needed (and stuff I didn't know i needed) and NO queuing to get in.

Breakfast: Omelette and carb free syrup (lemon sherbet)
Lunch: bit of cheese
Dinner: various salads and Quorn savoury eggs, strawberries for dessert

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Camembert and salad for lunch with yogurt, seeds and fresh from the garden raspberries
Gave some raspberries to a neighbour who reciprocated with some gingerbread ! Cant say no, but did restrict myself to half a piece.
Hubby was cooking tonight following a cook along programme so boys had fish tacos with sweetcorn side dish. I had tuna and 1 tablespoon of the sweetcorn thingy. Trouble was it didn't fill me up. Have been hungry and picking most of the evening. Wine then nuts then 1 sq 85% with cream and chia seeds
I used to love home made gingerbread sliced and buttered! Yum.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Breakfast: usual slice HiLo toast, tea
Lunch: egg mayo, lettuce, cherry toms and radishes.
Supper will be cod loin baked in jar of Sacla Tomato & Olive sauce with added courgette, red pepper and olives.
Gin & soda x 2 for that Friday feeling.

@Goonergal the fishfingers are Chunky Cod *** from Sainsburys Taste the difference range. The crumb is a bit carby but better than ordinary size ***. An even better choice is Waitrose version which are bigger fingers so the ratio of crumb to fish is less.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Chook - you seem to have lively neighnours? @Annb - sorry to read you've relapsed again too but glad to see on my quick scan you're improving again. I totally agree about how are we supposed to know whether we've had covid or not. I believe you've only had 6 confirmed cases in the Western Isles and no deaths but with the testing levels how accurate is that? Of course her dentist "expert" has now told us it was about in Scotland early February so goodness knows what the truth is. We'll never find out until when (or if) we can get an antibody test. At least Neil can "officially" go out now since the shielding changes were about all that was declared in Phase 1.1 or whatever it is.
Thanks to the pulling of the rug from under non essential businesses who expected to open today, I spent most of this morning trying to resolve the situation with my replacement car. To my horror I found out the replacement had disappeared from Motability's system and, with car dealerships still not opening in Scotland, I spent a lot of time trying to get the order submitted again. Meantime, I still have a car that is threatening to go into total failure again if I go up a hill, drive further than 2 miles or it's a hot day. There's lengthy discussions going on now about whether it goes for repair again! Or whether it just goes back and I get yet another hire car meantime until the replacement arrives.
My BP is probably reflected in my BGs as I've been seething for a couple of days now (not at Motability or the car dealerships I must add).. Bed 8.7 FBG 8.2. yesterday
B. Slice LC bread toasted with pate.
L. Nothing
D. 2 GF sausages, 3 rashers streaky bacon (air fried) , veggie chips and yet another double yolk egg.
I think OH was scared to ask if there was another option the amount of abuse I was hurling at a certain individual on the TV who I do blame!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/
they do a discount on first order. They are not cheap but neither are the ingredients and seems like a lovely small company based in Cambridge - yu can pick up if live nearby but unfortunatley Im at other side of the midlands! Post office delivery for me so I tend to bulk order so free delivery.........
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/products/millionaires-shortbread
I do try and bake my own things as well but these are such a treat when youw ant convenience and variety.
Oh lovely - what length of best before date do they have?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook - you seem to have lively neighnours? @Annb - sorry to read you've relapsed again too but glad to see on my quick scan you're improving again. I totally agree about how are we supposed to know whether we've had covid or not. I believe you've only had 6 confirmed cases in the Western Isles and no deaths but with the testing levels how accurate is that? Of course her dentist "expert" has now told us it was about in Scotland early February so goodness knows what the truth is. We'll never find out until when (or if) we can get an antibody test. At least Neil can "officially" go out now since the shielding changes were about all that was declared in Phase 1.1 or whatever it is.
Thanks to the pulling of the rug from under non essential businesses who expected to open today, I spent most of this morning trying to resolve the situation with my replacement car. To my horror I found out the replacement had disappeared from Motability's system and, with car dealerships still not opening in Scotland, I spent a lot of time trying to get the order submitted again. Meantime, I still have a car that is threatening to go into total failure again if I go up a hill, drive further than 2 miles or it's a hot day. There's lengthy discussions going on now about whether it goes for repair again! Or whether it just goes back and I get yet another hire car meantime until the replacement arrives.
My BP is probably reflected in my BGs as I've been seething for a couple of days now (not at Motability or the car dealerships I must add).. Bed 8.7 FBG 8.2. yesterday
B. Slice LC bread toasted with pate.
L. Nothing
D. 2 GF sausages, 3 rashers streaky bacon (air fried) , veggie chips and yet another double yolk egg.
I think OH was scared to ask if there was another option the amount of abuse I was hurling at a certain individual on the TV who I do blame!
Hello - sorry to hear of your car troubles. Would you be as kind as to tell me what are GF sausages and are they low carb? many thanks

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

Apparently it's @ianpspurs birthday. Mostly over by now, but hope you enjoyed it.

6am FBG 6.1 Uncontrollable munchies all day long esterday, resulting in far too much to eat and drink, none of it high carb, just excessive quantity.

Got a grip again this morning.

Dinner tonight
Pic one title: Eat Your Greens.
All veg from the garden.
Pic 2: Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake.
@ianpspurs birthday treat, saved you one.
Turned out nicely.
20200619_183509.jpeg
20200619_185558.jpeg
20200619_185822.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello - sorry to hear of your car troubles. Would you be as kind as to tell me what are GF sausages and are they low carb? many thanks
Gluten Free sausages. I get mine at my butcher. He makes loads of them but the supermarkets do gluten free as well. Low carb varies but for the most part they are low carb.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Apparently it's @ianpspurs birthday. Mostly over by now, but hope you enjoyed it.

6am FBG 6.1 Uncontrollable munchies all day long esterday, resulting in far too much to eat and drink, none of it high carb, just excessive quantity.

Dinner tonight
All veg from the garden.
Turned out nicely.View attachment 42183View attachment 42184View attachment 42185
Excellent looking cheesecake. I could use some to cheer me up from my car woes! Happy Birthday @ianpspurs! Hope Julie spoiled you x

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.5 FBG 7 - my stress related BGs have obviously subsided again. @Annb - meant to say that although my sinuses are still a problem (but improving) my hands have now come out in raised, lumpy rash which I'm told is another symptom. Doc asked for a photo and he still suspects I've had it. Still no luck with an antibody test though.
I'm still waiting to find out whether my current car is going in for more repairs or whether it goes back to be replaced by a hire car. At least Toyota pulled out the stops and, despite still being closed, they have the order submitted again. They're currently trying to locate the car (it's somewhere in England) to try to give me an idea when they can get it up here, taxed & registered. Stuck until next week now.
B. TAG and a slice of LC toast with pate.
L. Another TAG and 2 lotus biscuits.
D. 2 small pork loin chops rubbed with chimichurri and a salad of avocado, bistro tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and walnuts. I also had one of Hubby's jersey royals (the smallest one).

@shelley262 - I submitted an order to DGF today too. Like you I bulk buy so I've gone for the bakewell, lemon and blueberry and the Millionaire shortbread.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Dinner tonight
All veg from the garden.
Turned out nicely.View attachment 42183View attachment 42184View attachment 42185

Happy birthday @ianpspurs. I hope you had a good day. @SlimLizzy's cheesecakes look very tempting, don't they?