What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Mt Blue Sky here. 3.9 @ 6.20 but last 4 days of Libre sensor so may be why (some researchers say 1st day and last 4 need calibration). Weighed (in other bathroom - steps help), wandered back to my room, showered , dressed, 4.5 so the pattern is right.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
[/QUOTE]
@Debandez Thank you for the info about your lunch. I agree that well-meaning friends just don't understand, especially about carbs. Sugar, yes; carbs, no. I don't know what elmlea is, though. Something to avoid, obviously -- which is good to know! :)

For info Saskia.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200628-084337_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200628-084337_Chrome.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 203

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Mt Blue Sky here. 3.9 @ 6.20 but last 4 days of Libre sensor so may be why (some researchers say 1st day and last 4 need calibration). Weighed (in other bathroom - steps help), wandered back to my room, showered , dressed, 4.5 so the pattern is right.
Hi Ian, I have experienced this on occasion. Is there a specific thread you found the info on? Thanks.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian, I have experienced this on occasion. Is there a specific thread you found the info on? Thanks.
I just googled accuracy of Libre versus finger prick and trawled through the results to find the most academic looking one. Guided by The Science, me:angelic:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.8 this morning back to finger pricking tomorrow as libre sensor pegs out today and will be a just few days hopefully till new one arrives.

Is it quicker to get them from elsewhere other than Abbott say Asda or Amazon I know Abbot are slightly cheaper but a bit on the slow side delivery wise.

Chiefy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2D!!
5.1 this morning and pleased as I’m still on steroids for a skin infection. Lowest it’s been since I started the meds a week ago.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning back to finger pricking tomorrow as libre sensor pegs out today and will be a just few days hopefully till new one arrives.

Is it quicker to get them from elsewhere other than Abbott say Asda or Amazon I know Abbot are slightly cheaper but a bit on the slow side delivery wise.
Mine arrive rapidly - except the free one when I complained about errant readings.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs Thanks for the reply.

BTW this was the chart for the day of that walk I took with almost disastrous result.

reportd250620.jpg

A bit of everything there.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today, and delighted that 1hour, then again 2hours after eating a banana it remained 5.7.
Unless the meter is broken. But let’s not go there. I rejoice at eating banana, so will try the experiment again this week.