What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. The sensor activated last thing yesterday (put on day before) is generating random numbers but a 5.2 fbg is possible - just not anything I desire . Torn bicep from unloading a pallet of flooring yesterday is starting to show an impressive bruise. Remember, however old you are it is always good to play nice and share your toys.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Would a 3.1 have been unheard of pre-Libre?
No I have been as low as 2.2 in the past and the 3.1 was lower than the 3.5 at 4 in the morning I checked with prickometer and there was agreement between them I think they are conspiring against me.

Edit to add I woke up feeling a bit off at about 4 AM checked got a reading of 3,5 didn't do anything about it woke at 6:30 thinking DP would have taken care of things but got the reading of 3.1 instead .

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No I have been as low as 2.2 in the past and the 3.1 was lower than the 3.5 at 4 in the morning I checked with prickometer and there was agreement between them I think they are conspiring against me.

Edit to add I woke up feeling a bit off at about 4 AM checked got a reading of 3,5 didn't do anything about it woke at 6:30 thinking DP would have taken care of things but got the reading of 3.1 instead .
Take the very best care of yourself John. I am assuming you, sadly, have a wealth of experience in managing such days.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.4 this morning. I ate a hand full of blueberries and a slice of apple at 1 am (BS 3.9) when I had to take my puppy outside. I forgot to cut back my background insulin after fasting all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 when I first woke. Tried to get back to sleep but couldn't. Had a visit in the meantime from Dawn P which gave me a 5.5 when I did hop out of bed.

Had brother in law for dinner (not literally!). 1st time since lockdown. Cooked english last night (low carb for all) followed by strawberries, oppo salted caramel ice cream and extra thick cream. Yummy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-122426_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-122426_LibreLink.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 199

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 when I first woke. Tried to get back to sleep but couldn't. Had a visit in the meantime from Dawn P which gave me a 5.5 when I did hop out of bed.

Had brother in law for dinner (not literally!). 1st time since lockdown. Cooked english last night (low carb for all) followed by strawberries, oppo salted caramel ice cream and extra thick cream. Yummy.

t1973.gif

s0225.gif

t31175.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning. Mine not to reason why. Except that I am using my backup meter while waiting for new batteries for my usual meter, and this one has given lower numbers before. And considering that yesterday's Coke was "The Real Thing" and not a Coke Zero, I'm very happy with my 6.2.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning. Mine not to reason why. Except that I am using my backup meter while waiting for new batteries for my usual meter, and this one has given lower numbers before. And considering that yesterday's Coke was "The Real Thing" and not a Coke Zero, I'm very happy with my 6.2.
Great news @SaskiaKC :)