What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Somewhere between the 4.6 Libre wakeup and the 5.2 sometime (not much) later on Tee2. I guess that is in quite well managed territory but very uninspiring personally. I am doing the job of controlling T2 by the looks of it but my instinct is there is so much more a properly personalised woe could be doing.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 now I’m really confused! Had the worst nights sleep for ages. Up at 3am and drinking tea at 4am

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 now I’m really confused! Had the worst nights sleep for ages. Up at 3am and drinking tea at 4am
Great fbg but sounds like a dreadful night. Remember when I introduced you to Nolens Volens and you being a scientist pooh pooed it?:angelic: Hug for the strife and winner for fbg. Stop looking for sense or links - you'll go barmy.:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 today @ 0630 but it was the ryvita last night. First day back at work yesterday and I forgot to take my meter. Was late home and didn't eat until 7.45pm at which point my BG was 3.2. So I had my cauliflower rice and Spanish chicken but was hungry after and knowingly ate three buttered protein ryvita (15g carbs in that alone) so no surprise that it's high this morning.
I think I must have a butter problem, I seriously miss having something to butter and eat with a cup of tea. So when I crumble I know that's where I'll break.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I have to say I misjudged Abbott a couple of hours after removing my defunct sensor the postman delivered the new sensors on my Abbott acount it was still showing as on hold.

So this morning's fbg according to reader was 4.4 phone gave a reading of 4.4 also but the prickometer gave me a reading of 4.9 so I'm going to go with 4.65.

I do know there is a time differential but I'm ignoring it why well because I choose to.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Fasting blood sugars were 5.3 today.

Waiting for a delivery of low carb baking supplies today. Ordered oat fiber (0 carbs) for the first time and looking forward to experimenting.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Fasting blood sugars were 5.3 today.

Waiting for a delivery of low carb baking supplies today. Ordered oat fiber (0 carbs) for the first time and looking forward to experimenting.
Oh, oat fibre sounds interesting. Is that a German supplier or available in UK as well?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 finger prick as libre @4.1! Still settling in. 4.1 way too low for how late I ate yesterday. Helping son move out. :-( happy to see him happy with his beautiful girlfriend and new home.

Weather looking up here. :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, oat fibre sounds interesting. Is that a German supplier or available in UK as well?

The supplier is German, but ships to Britain. Prices are very reasonable (for example less than
£5 for 750g of oat fiber, but you still probably would have to order quite a bit to justify shipping costs.

Have you had a look at a look at amazon.co.uk. This is what I found when I googled it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Bu...ld=1&keywords=oat+fibre&qid=1595938617&sr=8-5. It is slightly more expensive, but not much.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The supplier is German, but ships to Britain. Prices are very reasonable (for example less than
£5 for 750g of oat fiber, but you still probably would have to order quite a bit to justify shipping costs.

Have you had a look at a look at amazon.co.uk. This is what I found when I googled it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Bu...ld=1&keywords=oat+fibre&qid=1595938617&sr=8-5. It is slightly more expensive, but not much.
Thanks for the reply and link. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.6 today. I've tried some non-alcoholic wine over the weekend, which sent my blood sugars sky-high. It would have been similar to drinking cordial (not that I've tried this since starting insulin). I've decided to give it a miss. It was a nice idea while it lasted but I will stick to the real deal.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hugs for the bad night. I hope you will be able to catch up on some sleep sometime today.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 today @ 0630 but it was the ryvita last night. First day back at work yesterday and I forgot to take my meter. Was late home and didn't eat until 7.45pm at which point my BG was 3.2. So I had my cauliflower rice and Spanish chicken but was hungry after and knowingly ate three buttered protein ryvita (15g carbs in that alone) so no surprise that it's high this morning.
I think I must have a butter problem, I seriously miss having something to butter and eat with a cup of tea. So when I crumble I know that's where I'll break.
Livlife bread waitrose. Less than 4g carbs a slice?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I have to say I misjudged Abbott a couple of hours after removing my defunct sensor the postman delivered the new sensors on my Abbott acount it was still showing as on hold.

So this morning's fbg according to reader was 4.4 phone gave a reading of 4.4 also but the prickometer gave me a reading of 4.9 so I'm going to go with 4.65.

I do know there is a time differential but I'm ignoring it why well because I choose to.
Me too. I ignore too.