What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today after another broken night. Maybe I should start setting an alarm for 3am as a matter of course. Fbg is obviously enjoying it, even if I’m not.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear of another broken night @DJC3 - very trite but with better fbg every cloud etc? Mine was 4.2 @ 5.02, then 4.6 @ 6.20 now 5.2 @ 7. 36. All Libre so a fair pinch of Himalayan Pink or Kosher required. Abbott are sending replacement sensor and reader after "issues" so fair do's.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 today. Hugs @DJC3 for the broken sleep. @toddy35 I like HiLo (high protein, low carb) bread available at Sainsbury for my morning slice of toast. Its 5g a slice but closer to real bread imo. I changed my eating habits to fit in with less than 30g carbs/day years ago but a slice of toast cooled, with thick good quality butter was non negotiable.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. My blood sugars were a little low before bed so I ate two cherry tomatoes which worked a treat.
Great fbg, good to see you back, on form and cherry tomatoes are always a treat. While I'm here, great fbg @Pipp

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Great fbg, good to see you back, on form and cherry tomatoes are always a treat. While I'm here, great fbg @Pipp
Sometimes I hide from the forum and pretend I'm not diabetic. It's still a hard thing to accept.

Reactions: DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.9 for me
FB_IMG_1596043279884.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Hurrah. Thank you for all your good wishes, they obviously worked - I had a good nights sleep.
Staying in a hotel in London ready for today’s hospital appointment just 5 mins walk away.
@ziggy_w I’ve taken a leaf out of your book and bought coffee supplies with me. Not a complete Nespresso machine in its own case like you, but filter papers, funnel and good ground coffee.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great fasting levels, @DJC3.

Personally, for me it makes a world of difference to wake up to a good cup of espresso (I like it with foamed heavy cream, which you unfortunately can't get in most places). A good morning coffee kind of sets the tone for the entire day.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the hospital appointment. Thinking of you.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Great fasting levels, @DJC3.

Personally, for me it makes a world of difference to wake up to a good cup of espresso (I like it with foamed heavy cream, which you unfortunately can't get in most places). A good morning coffee kind of sets the tone for the entire day.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the hospital appointment. Thinking of you.

Unfortunately the high fat percentage of heavy cream makes it very difficult to foam that is why skimmed milk is easier to foam (though I dislike it's taste) than whole milk .

Reactions: ert

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately the high fat percentage of heavy cream makes it very difficult to foam that is why skimmed milk is easier to foam (though I dislike it's taste) than whole milk .

Agree, it's much more difficult to foam and really doesn't quite come out the same, but nevertheless a reasonable approximation. If I can't bring my espresso maker and have to order cappuccino outside, I usually ask for foamed whole milk in a separate cup and only add about one-third of it to reduce the carbs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps I was somewhere between the 4.7 Libre first showed and the considerably later 5.4 on Tee 2. Then again maybe not and A1c will be a whole other story anyhow. Currently baffled by my weight and what I should do or not. Higher than I want but records show my best all round results came at about this weight. Could be tied up with other things. @DJC3 hope all goes well today - Thursday seems to be when these things happen. Did you have to self-isolate for a week? I'm told I need to for next Thursday.