What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
am FBG
Cat is decidedly not happy with ear drops and antibiotics. But so far ( three days in to six day course) no injuries to humans and Cat is still forgiving us. This is not to say he doesn't resist taking medicaion. But he does not hold our endeavours against us. Too many negatives will anyone understand me?
Hope Cat continues to recover and good that Cat does not hold your endeavours against you.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of an anitipasti platter of tasty tit bits came in at 5.2 this am
@gennepher - great fun finger painting of a feather falls, so vibrant and love your teasle.
@jjraak - fabulous capture in Richmond Park - sounds like a great day.
@lindisfel - grey plover - excellent
@alf_Josiah - enjoy your break.

Not sure about today. My dad is in ICU in France - not Covid related.
Koffy on the go, hope everyone has a good day.
View attachment 44157
How stressful for you, hope he improves and gets home quickly.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this cold morning with expected blue skies for one last day.

We were still sitting in the garden yesterday pm, which was great for the second half of September, but there was a chill by 1600.
The main object of interest were a good number of Speckled Wood butterfles flying around our probably too large beech tree and overgrown snowberry bush.

Here's hoping we all stay safe today and you have some good news from France on your Dad, Dunelm.
D.
Hope you get some good news about your Dad.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today, probably partly because I had a snack at. 1am so I could take my Antibiotic tablet I had forgotten to take earlier.

Great being able to play in the Recorder Quartet yesterday afternoon, dots on page and my fingers on Bass Recorder all lined up for once :). Going to miss all our usual Christmas gigs though. :(

Sorry no art yesterday, must catch up.

MOre gloss painting today.

Keep safe.

PS Some great photos @JohnEGreen @lindisfel and @jjraak

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thieves oil???
How is this remedy obtained?
If answer is gruesome don't want to know.
Both myself and Cat are still recovering from this morning's bout of cat wrestling.
Thieves Oil is an essential oil blend a powerful combination of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils that fills any space with a rich, spicy aroma.

Inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated and wore a special aromatic combination of clove, rosemary and vinegar that they believed provided protection while they were stealing.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thieves oil???
How is this remedy obtained?
If answer is gruesome don't want to know.
Both myself and Cat are still recovering from this morning's bout of cat wrestling.

Thieves oil?
Here is a link if anyone wants to read about it
https://www.healthline.com/health/thieves-oil
In bygone times thieves apparently stole off the plague victims without succumbing to the plague. So oneday the King summonsed the thieves.
‘What is your secret,’ he asked. ‘How do you manage to steal from dead plague victims, and not catch the plague yourself.’
‘Oh that is the Alchemist’s secret’ they replied, ‘but he sells us a blend of oils.’
I am not sure what happened to the Alchemist. But that blend of oils became known as Thieves Oil @SlimLizzy

I still say grab a sleeping cat, shove first finger and tablet down cat’s throat, then quickly insert the thumb too as you withdraw first finger, cat’s eyes are very wide, and he has no choice but to swallow with my thumb in his mouth. Injured look from cat as I withdraw my thumb. Now, now dear, I say, and squirt a very low dose of cbd oil in his mouth. One blissful cat...cleaning himself up to get any overspray...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice, one of my favourite wild plants, very well drawn. I hope the sunrise was good.

The sunrise was brilliant. A huge red sun. I had intended taking photos, but I forgot my phone :(
Also beautiful pink mists over the industrial areas and pylons, making it look like a mystical fairyland scene. I can remember and I will be making a few quick sketches now.

Thank you for the painting compliment @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of an anitipasti platter of tasty tit bits came in at 5.2 this am
@gennepher - great fun finger painting of a feather falls, so vibrant and love your teasle.
@jjraak - fabulous capture in Richmond Park - sounds like a great day.
@lindisfel - grey plover - excellent
@alf_Josiah - enjoy your break.

Not sure about today. My dad is in ICU in France - not Covid related.
Koffy on the go, hope everyone has a good day.
View attachment 44157

Beautiful delicate sketch of branch and bird @dunelm

Hope your dad pulls through x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for @dunelm - hope the news about your dad is good; @Krystyna23040 and @SlimLizzy over Archie and The Cat respectively; @Muddy Cyclist over ongoing abscess issue; @Alien Aspie for Miss Daisy being so caring and anyone else feeling the need of a hug. No fbg from me as I'm still working my way through how to find some colder weather menus which might please, nourish, maintain a weight I want and be worth testing. Sleep score, temp and SPo2 suggest yesterday "worked"

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

3.7 swiftly followed by 4.2 yesterday morning and 4.3 today ;)

Cloudy today after our overnight fog. It was foggy yesterday morning too but turned out to be a lovely sunny day. Over to mum's for dinner yesterday then sat reading. Reading makes time vanish :hilarious:

Intermitent computer problems the last couple of days, a storage drive keeps disappearing, I think it's a cable problem. I shall have to disinter the machine from it's cupboard and perform surgery. The surgery should not take too long but the disinterment is quite another story :D

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - cat wrangling, rather you than me;) but it's good that he has a forgiving nature :)

@gennepher - that thieves' oil recipe sounds interesting, nice sketch yesterday and I like your teasle very much, it looks as though it's reaching for the sun :)

@Krystyna23040 - so glad Archie continues to recover :)

@JohnEGreen - some lovely photos there and kudos for carrying your camera, I have two and have got out of the habit of carrying one with me :sorry:

@Alien Aspie - glad if you have found a further satisfying outlet for your art, is instagram good? :)

@dunelm - your quick bamboo is good as always and the latest work of the bird on the branch is very effective, so delicate and well balanced :joyful:
hugs to you and I hope you get good news about your dad soon.

@Muddy Cyclist - your quick sketch of the geese is great, it really captures that vibrant, seeming chaos :joyful:
Good that you got to manage recorder harmony, it's soothing for the psyche ;)

art bit -
didn't do much art yesterday, and should get back to doing it regularly :sorry: I need to make a small sketching kit and get used to carrying it and my camera when I go out.

another wave, done from a photo found online
upload_2020-9-21_8-51-10.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

@gennepher - that thieves' oil recipe sounds interesting, nice sketch yesterday and I like your teasle very much, it looks as though it's reaching for the sun :)

art bit -
didn't do much art yesterday, and should get back to doing it regularly :sorry: I need to make a small sketching kit and get used to carrying it and my camera when I go out.

another wave, done from a photo found online
View attachment 44171
Thank you @geefull
A very powerful wave there ready to crash into the rocks. Brilliant!

Reactions: jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
glad if you have found a further satisfying outlet for your art, is instagram good

Thank you.

I have a few IG accounts that I use for business and they work very well. I’m using an old account for the art that I cleaned out and re-labelled. Given the potential audience it is worth it, you just need to use hashtags which is not hard to master.