What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice leaves on an ancient tree and branch, I can feel the age, or is ,that just me? :)

Hold on to that ladder.
Thank you. This age thing feeling seems to revolve around how easy it is to get out of bed each morning. Ladders - I’m not allowed up them any more without the strictest of supervision.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher i may have got this wrong but isn't today the day you have to run the police road blocks and get to that appointment? If so be strong, take care and hope all goes well.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening painters and posters

Many thanks to @gennepher, @dunelm and @Muddy Cyclist for your kind suggestions and comments. I shall pass your recommendations on to Mrs J, but it is extremely unlikely I will be shown her efforts, let alone post them on here.
Once again many thanks.

Sorry kind sir, can't help it would be the blind leading the blind. I think all those years, a lifetime, spent programming computers put me off most digital apps be they art or games. I'd do admire those that do and can use them so hope to see some of your good ladies work useing the apps @dunelm and @gennepher suggest.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
It's raining and although wrapped up in layers still feel cold and don't want to do anything. Which leads to snacking. So far quarter of a tub of cream cheese, three coconut rings, two tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter.
Was looking for recipes to use my two huge butternut squash.
Why isn't the recipe section searchable?
Nothing useful for that found.
Several delicious sounding meals but without nutritional content details. Abandoned the search.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those with a large amount of Neanderthal dna.

A 6.7 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

The sun is shining here in Tilehurst at the moment and me and me's hope the sun shines for all whatever their political views, blinkered or not.
Very shortly I shall be escaping my estate before the deity of lockdowns descends and put me and me's into confinement warranted or not.

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy have you tried butternut squash soup or curry ? i really enjoy them both and they are great on miserable days. my blood sugars were 6.1 today which was nice.. been out for a walk and just had my usual breakfast but i'm starting to get bored of eating the same breakfast just because i know it doesnt raise my blood sugar levels too much xD but too stubborn to try new stuff

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy have you tried butternut squash soup or curry ? i really enjoy them both and they are great on miserable days. my blood sugars were 6.1 today which was nice.. been out for a walk and just had my usual breakfast but i'm starting to get bored of eating the same breakfast just because i know it doesnt raise my blood sugar levels too much xD but too stubborn to try new stuff
Good progress sir. Hug for the boredom but perhaps, for now, if it ain't broke don't fix it. A very well known Mod from Oxford has a standard breakfast and does amazingly well.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile was trying to catch up with all the messages but have given up still have over 700 unread lol .So good morning all and will just carry on from here :). I posted on Bg threads but no strips for a few days now due to being let down by ebay seller ! Ordered a bulk buy from another seller so hopefully will get them in a couple of days . On the plus side I actually motivated myself to go for a walk this morning managed 4 miles so not too shabby:happy:

lindisfel

Expert
Thank you. This age thing feeling seems to revolve around how easy it is to get out of bed each morning. Ladders - I’m not allowed up them any more without the strictest of supervision.

I know what you mean. I have been banned climbing trees and going on the roof.:)
Must get brain in gear, Ian!

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's raining and although wrapped up in layers still feel cold and don't want to do anything. Which leads to snacking. So far quarter of a tub of cream cheese, three coconut rings, two tablespoons of unsweetened peanut butter.
Was looking for recipes to use my two huge butternut squash.
Why isn't the recipe section searchable?
Nothing useful for that found.
Several delicious sounding meals but without nutritional content details. Abandoned the search.
@SlimLizzy - Bacon - cook the butternut squash with bacon. Here is something - swap the fettuchini for courgette ribbons. Might work.

https://www.delicious.com.au/recipe...ection=recipes&r=recipes/collections/88okr0ws

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Preach sister, preach:angelic:
What is funny was I originally thought that I would be sorted if I just followed this for a short time. I can't believe I was so clueless at the beginning. I think it thought it was a cure - not something I would have to follow for ever and ever.

Reactions: ianpspurs

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...still peeing down here much to the cats consternation so they've retreated to the sofa muddy paws an all...interesting reading the opinions of Trumps latest publicity/ego trip a quick trip out of the hospital with his staff corralled in a hermetically sealed SUV what's to complain about...trying to resist switching on the heating as it's only October but chilly here...hungry need breakfast & more coffee...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is funny was I originally thought that I would be sorted if I just followed this for a short time. I can't believe I was so clueless at the beginning. I think it thought it was a cure - not something I would have to follow for ever and ever.

I suppose in some ways it's like yoga/ fitness.
We know what to do, and how it makes us feel.

But not all of us do it, so things stiffen up over time,
And for those that DO, the same principles apply, once we stop.

However there is STILL a benefit to starting any exercise / LCHF related diet regime

While we age, that intrnal timer is still running, day after day.
However by taking some precautionary exercise OR diet, to help ameliorate the impact, we may not stop the clock, but pretty sure in some way
We slow that sucker down some.

Tl;dr.
The bodies a sponge.
The wetter it gets
The longer it takes to dry out.

Imho.:bag:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
..trying to resist switching on the heating as it's only October but chilly here...
You are doing well. Our resistance caved in mid September, evenings and mornings, not yet done a full day with it on. Being thinner does not help. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning

Cats dawn chorus silenced by caving in and feeding the blighters..

But the love and cuddles after made it worthwhile.

No fbg
Sum blazing down here in sunny Croydon

Had heater on, now turned off, I'm roasting.

Run to shops to restock, off to Halfords for bulbs for car, then a run back home for the night, maybe.
Before coming back to re sit with cats 2 more nights .

Stay safe & well all.

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.3 for me to day.

will be taking Keiran to Lincoln tomorrow he was going back last week but has been putting it off procrastination is not usually his thing but can understand it University accomodation does not seem to be the best of places to be of late.

At least he will be getting some face to face tuition along with the on line stuff he is a little worried about this his final year of his degree course being messed up as he was on track for a first.

Reactions: karen8967