What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.7 this morning. Been out walking this morning, lovely sunny day, enjoyed it. My feet didn't though, probably went a little further than I intended particularly as I have not been walking so much lately. Gave up after 17,000 steps and got the bus home.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
FBG 5.7 this morning. Been out walking this morning, lovely sunny day, enjoyed it. My feet didn't though, probably went a little further than I intended particularly as I have not been walking so much lately. Gave up after 17,000 steps and got the bus home.
!7000 steps seems almost unimaginable to me I feel it a minor miracle if I get over 5000 steps in a day so congrats on that.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
!7000 steps seems almost unimaginable to me I feel it a minor miracle if I get over 5000 steps in a day so congrats on that.
Thank you.. Must admit my walking effort lately has been in the hundreds of steps rather than thousands so decided to stir myself up a bit, plus that walk is particularly pretty and interesting with woodland and sea views.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Glad to see a five of any description. Maybe the walking yesterday helped, I don’t go very fast or far as our dog stops to sniff every leaf and twig but it’s quite hilly. My health app says I climbed 39 floors.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 or 5.8 or 6.4 depending on which strip you read. Lets just go for the first one....

6.1 this morning. Have a good day everyone.

Granddaughter currently self isolating as someone in the class tested positive. Her's was the last class in the school that wasn't self-isolating. I wonder how many times this is going to happen over the coming months and how much school work will be lost. Then there is also the fact that she is not old enough to be left in the house on her own. Hopefully DIL can arrange to work from home.

Reactions: DJC3 and Ymdawd

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
this morning cbecause cut down on carbs 3.1 on waking arghh

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning All. 6.0 so getting better but its a mystery. @Peadair O Brionn in the last few days my levels have not been right either though I was unwell on Monday. I have always wondered if the changing seasons affect us and we need to readjust. Good luck, levels still good.

Diabetes often IS a mystery.!

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Hi there
Mine ranges between 5.1 and 6.3 in the morning.i drink a large coffee with Coconut milk ( no Lactose ) then 25 gram of 85 % Cocoa chocolate.( 4 grams carbs )does not Seem to spike my blood glucose level.
Glenn
I normally have 2 eggs 2 bacon some cheese and a coffee with double cream . Then walk to work about . 2 mile. My levels used to drop by the time I got to work to about 5.4 but now they go up to about 6.5 . The beast is defo a mystery

Reactions: DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning at 06:00. But it went up to 6.8 by 8am after walking to work stayed up there till 12 midday was down to 5.2 by 1800. Strange I’m normally between 5 and 6 all day
I find that walking, or any sort of exercise in the morning, causes BG to rise. Then, after lunch, drops sharply to mid to low 4s. So overall average is lower, despite the rise after exercise.

Reactions: ziggy_w