What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, I've made an account and found the button but it looks like you want to keep your recipes to yourself!
What am I doing wrong, and what do I have to do to get initiated in your secret recipe circle?

122978552_10222093514961233_1836305937186688873_o.jpg
There's quite a few of us on CMT all with our same forum names as here. It's not what you have to do more what we have to! Is you CMT name Antje77? I'll go looking for you and add you to my circle. You do the same in reverse.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal I've added the copy me that app and am trying to copy the recipe, but ti doesn't seem to copy pictures. Does it need the url? If so can you post it? Thanks
Same question as to Antje77, is your CMT name MrsA2? If so I think you are added to my recipe circle.

Reactions: MrsA2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There's quite a few of us on CMT all with our same forum names as here. It's not what you have to do more what we have to! Is you CMT name Antje77? I'll go looking for you and add you to my circle. You do the same in reverse.
It's simply Antje, no need for the 77 as apparently I'm the only Antje there :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed Saturday 6.1 FBG 6.4. Not an exciting day. Caught up on washing and gave the bathrooms a good clean/disinfect (as in the type of clean that takes a while). Grandson is still alternating between tears and OK but he's improving. I've had another 24 hr thing, just feeling a bit achy and off colour but OK 24 hrs later. Didn't go any shopping on Saturday as I had enough in the freezer.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with M&S whipped cheese.
L . Another DGF not carrot cake and later another TAG and a DGF mint brownie.
D. Aubergine parmigiana. 2 squares of Godiva

@DJC3 - The beef wrap things I just make the sauce up as I go along. Keep tasting it and adding to it until you get something you like.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's simply Antje, no need for the 77 as apparently I'm the only Antje there :)
Yes, I spotted an Antje so I'll go back and add you. There were another 2 various Antjes so just wanted to be sure. If you try in 10 mins or so you should be able to access my recipe collection.

Reactions: Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@zauberflote - you now have an old Iceland ad phrase going through my mind "Mum's gone to Iceland". Yes, correct, it is a store. It sells mainly frozen food some of which is very good. There's a lot of stuff I wouldn't go near even if I wasn't diabetic but equally there is some quite excellent stuff. We're getting to the time of year they get the more 'luxury' stuff in, particularly in the seafood range. @DJC3 - Poor Mr C. Hope he recovers soon. My worst incident in recent years was caused by Lakeland cake tins. I needed a particular size but they had them on hooks. Unfortunately, reaching for heavy tins while on a crutch is not recommended! I dislodged 3, caught 2 and was clobbered by the tin I wanted (the heaviest) which left me with a huge lump above my eye & a black eye just before Christmas.
Sunday - bed 6 FBG 6.1
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with Dairylea triangles.
L. Nothing - took son, DIL and boys to park then to get pumpkins.
D. Usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
My Mexican chicken breast thingy. Chicken breast stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon and oven cooked in another tomato/chilli type sauce with assorted beans in it. I use tinned spicy beans as it adds heat. Had a mini cob and veggie chips with it. 2 squares Godiva.

@ianpspurs - I go into a 'can't be bothered' mode every so often. Not that I've gone off this WOE , just I get fed up cooking. In these times I'd love to be able to select something without getting into what's in it. I usually get over it though. I have cut down on the amount of cream I use though and I was never one for putting loads of butter into things.
Someone asked about the effects of DGF cakes on BGs. In my case they lower my BGs oddly.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the thread @Dan Rai
@Antje77 @MrsA2 - I’ve added both of you to my recipe circle and followed you in CMT. If you do the same for me, we should be good.

A hungry day today.

Late (in comparison to when I got up) breakfast of left over lamb shoulder from the weekend and 1 pickled onion.
Lunch of more leftover lamb.
Dinner of air fried chicken leg.
Snacks of c50g Lindt 90%.

Editing to add that the chocolate almond squares freeze well.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all and thank you all so much for your good wishes for Paul. @annabell1 @ianpspurs @ziggy_w @Goonergal and @mrs T123 .He is very glad to have to wear a face mask outside now, it saves his bashed up Halloween face scaring small children! @DCUKMod I think we will also have to christen that spot faceplant corner - he also had spectacular bleeding. @MrsA2 Dennis wasn’t to blame ( surprisingly) but did help a lot with clearing up as he licked up a lot of the blood off the pavement and his normally white beard was bloody and matted. Dogs are gross! @maglil55 trust you to have the incident in Lakeland lol!
Back to food. Today Had black coffee all morning.
Lunch 2 tuna muffins and another 40g thinly sliced pear with St Augur and 10 g walnuts. I love it.
Dinner was airfried duck breast with sautéed courgettes and spinach, followed by DGF ginger cake and cream.
@Antje77 and MrsA2 Ive also added you to my CMT people so feel free to do the same back(DJC3) we have quite a large recipe bank between us all.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
Late Lunch: two small portions of cheddar followed by Greek yoghurt, chopped almonds and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: chicken baked in coriander, lime and ginger with broccoli and green beans followed by SF jelly, cream LC vanilla and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch: 2 cold chicken thighs and half an avocado
Dinner: cauliflower cheese made with cream cheese and stilton. Yum. Boys don't eat blue cheese so theirs was cream cheese, cheddar and parmesan with 3 chipolatas.
3 squares 70% choc, it's too good.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 thanks for the info on the DGF sold to me on the basis that it actually lowers your levels win win! Now that is what I do like treats with no consequences :happy:

@DJC3 I have got used to wearing a mask now and actually quite like it because you can make a face behind it (which I have done) and nobody knows I'll just have to remember this when we don't have to wear them or I will get caught out :banghead:

@Goonergal Almond butter looks quite liquidy so can't wait to open it and give it a good stir and it only has a best before date of Dec 2020 so I will have to use it quite quickly and so I will as it was £3.50 for the jar but I still have half jar of peanut butter to use up first.

Day off work today so pretty much played catch up all day - got flu jag, haircut, booked mot for car, food shopping, checked in on mum etc. and I have decided I much prefer being busy ...

Breakfast - half slice of slc toast and pro active - mis-judged and other half was still a bit frozen in middle so it went in bin - so quickly had 2 squares of lindtt 90% dark chocolate with peanut butter on top and mug of earl grey before heading out to have flu jag.

Dinner - Salmon and prawn cocktail with large salad also included cheese and dollop of coleslaw. Another mug of earl grey.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 thanks for the info on the DGF sold to me on the basis that it actually lowers your levels win win! Now that is what I do like treats with no consequences :happy:

@DJC3 I have got used to wearing a mask now and actually quite like it because you can make a face behind it (which I have done) and nobody knows I'll just have to remember this when we don't have to wear them or I will get caught out :banghead:

@Goonergal Almond butter looks quite liquidy so can't wait to open it and give it a good stir and it only has a best before date of Dec 2020 so I will have to use it quite quickly and so I will as it was £3.50 for the jar but I still have half jar of peanut butter to use up first.

Day off work today so pretty much played catch up all day - got flu jag, haircut, booked mot for car, food shopping, checked in on mum etc. and I have decided I much prefer being busy ...

Breakfast - half slice of slc toast and pro active - mis-judged and other half was still a bit frozen in middle so it went in bin - so quickly had 2 squares of lindtt 90% dark chocolate with peanut butter on top and mug of earl grey before heading out to have flu jag.

Dinner - Salmon and prawn cocktail with large salad also included cheese and dollop of coleslaw. Another mug of earl grey.

I’m laughing at the thought of you making faces behind your mask! I’m also enjoying wearing one a bit more now the weather’s getting colder - it keeps my face warm.
Re almond butter I wouldn’t worry about the December sell by date, if you’re anything like me it won’t last 2 minutes once the jar is open.

Reactions: zauberflote

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Placed an order for a lot of lots of low-carb goodies last night -- prompted by the need to get some avocado-oil mayonnaise. Apart from this, the order contains chicken crisps, chocolate with mandarin oranges, and an array of sauces (hot chili, barbeque and apple-ginger).

I'm especially looking forward to the crisps, only 0.4g of carbs per 100g.
71ii9AHa%2BrL._SL1500_.jpg

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with mayonnaise and shrimps. Some baba ghanoush.

Dinner: Romaine lettuce with Caesar's dressing, parmesan, and some fried thinly sliced smoked duck breast. Three small lamb cutlets with a small amount of cauli mash and the last of the zucchini and bell pepper in tomato cream sauce. 20g of 88% chocolate. Red wine.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those chicken crisps look good @ziggy_w where did you get them from? Would be interested to know how they compare to the chicken crackling.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 DGF lowered my bg but the aftertaste wasn’t to my liking. Coffee and chocolate seem to do the same in tandem. I never thought I would go off bacon, cream or red wine. Although, I never thought I’d wake today being married for 36 years. Odd how things turn out. The builder won the present competition with a sourdough starter for Julie. Only way that could be beaten is if all our boys and grandchildren were here. That can wait until the full cast list is complete - additions are still expected beyond Feb 2021. That, boys and girls, is why making sense of all this stupidity really matters. The diet is purely functional, a means to an end. It is why I stick with this WOE but I do want it optimised/personalised. B=Tea; 11.00 am; CWC;. L: Chicken and mayo + cuc sandwich - Romaine lettuce, no bread. More cuc and tea; EM: Mackerel and avo salad with flaxseeds. We will perhaps have a celebratory meal at the weekend when no builders are about. Perhaps some Dr Almond choc or a trial of Advent Calendar if delivered today.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all and happy anniversary @ianpspurs and Julie, and congratulations to all re the new additions to the P clan next year. It’s nice to have some cheery news.
Yesterday I made a different loaf from Dr Almond: pfalzer landbrot. The first ingredient is walnut flour. It worked well and made a good looking loaf. I had a couple of slices toasted with marmite and scrambled egg for breakfast.
Lunch was h/m mushroom soup with 2 more slices of the bread and butter. 1 DGF ginger cake.
Dinner a lovely and flavoursome IP dish https://twosleevers.com/low-carb-sesame-ginger-chicken/ with her Easy Asian Peanut Dressing and cabbage ribbons cooked with coconut oil, mustard seeds, chilli, ginger and turmeric. Very enjoyable and not a bit of cream or cheese in sight which makes a change for me.
IMG_3968.jpg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy anniversary & congratulations @ianpspurs and yes it is good to hear some cheery news for a change for more little spurs. Re how things change I would never have guessed this time last year I would have been made redundant and now working in retail and enjoying it! And none of us could have ever imagined what life was going to be like at the moment ...

@ziggy_w please share your low carb shop so we can all get low carb shopping

@DJC3 your homemade bread looks fab

Quick breakfast of 1 slice slc toast and earl grey before work (9am start - can't remember last time I had to set my alarm for 7am!)

Dinner - roast chicken breast with nandos piri piri sauce on top, broccoli, brussel sprouts and a little carrot. 2 squares lindtt 90% dark with peanut butter on top, washed down with cup of earl grey.

Another active day in works time and getting paid for it - glad as it has been wet and miserable here today.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hey all! Days behind, so food now, catchup attempt later.
Today:
Bfast avocado, pecans, 2 scrambled eggs (cats very happy to have the bowl!), 1.87 sq Lindt 90% (the more decimal places the more I am guesstimating...), flax crisps/dilite soymilk, and a veritable Jenga tower of the potatoes I was roasting in the grill, along with chicken breasts, for supper. Much easier in the daylight!
Pre-barre, scraped out the bottom of the skyr yogurt tub.
Supper will be spinach/hm dressing, chicken (it's "Greek" flavored), flax crisps/dilute soy.
Time for barre class!