What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished my BlackCullen watercolour, A4 about 90 mins....
I
IMG_4190.JPG

Now to complete the matching Snowdon via Crib Goch watercolour.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am late this morning. Well afternoon now.

Fbg 6.7

I had to do some more shopping. Some of you may remember from a while ago at the beginning of lockdown in March that I was complaining it was not a good experience shopping at most of the shops near me. No consideration etc for a disabled person. And I had another bad experience yesterday like I said.

And you may remember when we in Wales were allowed to travel a bit further than our front doorstep, I went to a Retail Park and town some miles away (further into Wales) and it was a pleasant experience.

Well I went there again today. This morning. People were polite, courteous, considerate, chatty (and I don’t know anyone there) etc, all good things. No one pushed, no one shoved over me and my mobility scooter to get what they wanted off the shelves, etc like they did yesterday in that retail park near me. It was so dispiriting yesterday, and disheartening yesterday.

This morning in the retail park and town I had to travel just over half an hour to get to, it was a completely different atmosphere and good vibrations in that town. It was a totally positive experience this morning. People said Thank you, You are welcome, Can I help you, Can I reach that for you, Do you need anything else off the shelves, and at the till I said oh I’ve forgotten such and such and the cashier said No problem I will go and get it for you and brought back several alternatives for me to choose from, and if I said I couldn’t lipread through a face mask they either lowered their face mask or wrote it down etc without needing asking.

I seriously couldn’t get over the total difference between my negative local retail park, and this positive retail park some miles away.

I did a lot. I did too much and pushed myself too much so am paying for it in bed now as soon as I got back home. I pushed myself to get everything done so I didn’t need to go out again before Christmas.

But I hadn’t needed to do that. I am more than happy to go back again to that retail park some distance away. I even got a sack of 5 kilograms of small onions for £1!!! I love onions! It was much cheaper shopping there too. And the cashiers packed my bags without me having to ask. It makes a heck of a difference that.

The police had some roadblocks just before this town and retail park, because English people had been coming over the Flintshire Bridge, from England because the border is just before the bridge, and that road to the Flintshire Bridge begins in England, when they shouldn’t have done. And I had stopped going because of the roadblocks.

But I won’t let that stop me in future.

I managed to get to a charity shop today, and got loads more stuff for the bathroom window grotto, and a bit more. I have got some good stuff. I will explain when I create the grotto decorations...

I was unable to get chicken wire. It is all sold out along with double cream, and cat litter. None to be found anywhere in the shops. (I ended up at the Equestrian place again to get horse bedding to use in place for cat litter, it’s wood pellets and works well and is cheap). So I had to text youngest grandson in Australia that I wasn’t going to be able to make a life sized Santa, which I had promised him for the grotto (he is actively helping me from the other side of the world).

A short while later a message came back saying Mum says why don’t you get a red babygro, and put your balloon Santa head on that. This is now going to turn out real spooky now. And a lot easier to create! He is going to give me what face he wants drawn on Santa balloon that day.

I found a red babygro in the charity shop. And then in the pet shop I found a red Santa outfit for a very small dog...this is going to look brilliant!!!!!!!

Now I need to sort out the wheelie bin and recycle....back in a bit...

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been pleasantly surprised by the tree chopping brigade, a new lot this year. They did a fabulous job of the tall hedges and left no mess or damage whatsoever. I am impressed :)

The boiler man however couldn't change his underpants in the dark and is coming back on Friday. We do have heating but no hot water which is no biggy. If it goes the way it usually does the heating will pack up by 10pm :banghead:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been pleasantly surprised by the tree chopping brigade, a new lot this year. They did a fabulous job of the tall hedges and left no mess or damage whatsoever. I am impressed :)

The boiler man however couldn't change his underpants in the dark and is coming back on Friday. We do have heating but no hot water which is no biggy. If it goes the way it usually does the heating will pack up by 10pm :banghead:
Mixed emojis, winner for Trees, hugs for boiler man.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am late with fbs this morning - it was 5.5.

Got behind with everything yesterday. My new fitbit arrived but I could not start it up nor link it up to my phone or tablet as they didn't recognise that it was a bluetooth device. Researched it on Google but none of the suggestions worked.

Wasted more than 2 hours and got really cross and started jabbing at the fitbit app on the phone. Suddenly they connect. Have absolutely no idea what I did but it is now working perfectly.
That's technology for you it's a bit like bashing the top of the tv set when it wouldn't work properly ...something you can't do now though ! :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am late this morning. Well afternoon now.

Fbg 6.7

I had to do some more shopping. Some of you may remember from a while ago at the beginning of lockdown in March that I was complaining it was not a good experience shopping at most of the shops near me. No consideration etc for a disabled person. And I had another bad experience yesterday like I said.

And you may remember when we in Wales were allowed to travel a bit further than our front doorstep, I went to a Retail Park and town some miles away (further into Wales) and it was a pleasant experience.

Well I went there again today. This morning. People were polite, courteous, considerate, chatty (and I don’t know anyone there) etc, all good things. No one pushed, no one shoved over me and my mobility scooter to get what they wanted off the shelves, etc like they did yesterday in that retail park near me. It was so dispiriting yesterday, and disheartening yesterday.

This morning in the retail park and town I had to travel just over half an hour to get to, it was a completely different atmosphere and good vibrations in that town. It was a totally positive experience this morning. People said Thank you, You are welcome, Can I help you, Can I reach that for you, Do you need anything else off the shelves, and at the till I said oh I’ve forgotten such and such and the cashier said No problem I will go and get it for you and brought back several alternatives for me to choose from, and if I said I couldn’t lipread through a face mask they either lowered their face mask or wrote it down etc without needing asking.

I seriously couldn’t get over the total difference between my negative local retail park, and this positive retail park some miles away.

I did a lot. I did too much and pushed myself too much so am paying for it in bed now as soon as I got back home. I pushed myself to get everything done so I didn’t need to go out again before Christmas.

But I hadn’t needed to do that. I am more than happy to go back again to that retail park some distance away. I even got a sack of 5 kilograms of small onions for £1!!! I love onions! It was much cheaper shopping there too. And the cashiers packed my bags without me having to ask. It makes a heck of a difference that.

The police had some roadblocks just before this town and retail park, because English people had been coming over the Flintshire Bridge, from England because the border is just before the bridge, and that road to the Flintshire Bridge begins in England, when they shouldn’t have done. And I had stopped going because of the roadblocks.

But I won’t let that stop me in future.

I managed to get to a charity shop today, and got loads more stuff for the bathroom window grotto, and a bit more. I have got some good stuff. I will explain when I create the grotto decorations...

I was unable to get chicken wire. It is all sold out along with double cream, and cat litter. None to be found anywhere in the shops. (I ended up at the Equestrian place again to get horse bedding to use in place for cat litter, it’s wood pellets and works well and is cheap). So I had to text youngest grandson in Australia that I wasn’t going to be able to make a life sized Santa, which I had promised him for the grotto (he is actively helping me from the other side of the world).

A short while later a message came back saying Mum says why don’t you get a red babygro, and put your balloon Santa head on that. This is now going to turn out real spooky now. And a lot easier to create! He is going to give me what face he wants drawn on Santa balloon that day.

I found a red babygro in the charity shop. And then in the pet shop I found a red Santa outfit for a very small dog...this is going to look brilliant!!!!!!!

Now I need to sort out the wheelie bin and recycle....back in a bit...
As the song goes " What a difference a day makes " :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's technology for you it's a bit like bashing the top of the tv set when it wouldn't work properly ...something you can't do now though ! :)
What is even more annoying is that the old fitbit that stopped working has suddenly started working again. At the moment technology seems to be conspiring against me.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have problems @Krystyna23040 with a lot of bluetooth pairing, often because the blinking thing is giving me verbal instructions which I cannot hear. So I get to the umpteenth combination of stuff in possibly a few million possible combinations , and I now have a box full of unpairable stuff...
That is so annoying. It is a shame that the technology can't be improved so that the pairing of devices is more successful.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Soaked the cake, brandy tasted good, roll on Christmas, heaven help my BG readings. :) Son says must do it every Wednesday before Christmas, I will believe him he cooked it.....
IMG_4192.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
I began it this morning, but had to leave it to go out.
Then I couldn't get back into doing it again. It didn't move me :(
So, I abstracted it in order to make something different out of it.
In ZenBrush3 and Procreate.

3168B89A-6E9A-4023-B935-3F94805DF429.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

shopping day today so it felt like a long one, on the upside I got the second sleeve of my sweater finished :joyful:
I hesitate to say it was recycling bin day today :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Jayb72 - welcome :)

@Krystyna23040 - hugs, technology is wonderful, when it works ;)

@dunelm - grand vista of a tree lined mountain :)

@HarryBeau - keeping my fingers crossed :)

@Alien Aspie - sweep the streets, nearest we get is when they scrape the blown sand out of the car parks with a JCB :D perils of a seaside village ;)

Hope your heating holds out :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - Love that finished painting, the foreground waterfall has balanced the composition beautifully :joyful: and speaking of a work of art, that cake looks scrummy :D

@gennepher - so glad that your shopping day was kinder than the last one and I look forward to seeing the continuing progression of the grotto :)
I like the colour palette of today's painting, it's striking :)

art bit -

inspired by a photo of a misty and frosty morning I saw on the net :)

upload_2020-12-2_19-18-22.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - so glad that your shopping day was kinder than the last one and I look forward to seeing the continuing progression of the grotto :)
I like the colour palette of today's painting, it's striking :)

art bit -

inspired by a photo of a misty and frosty morning I saw on the net :)

View attachment 45912

Thank you @geefull

That is the only thing I like about my todays painting...the colour palette!

Your painting is lovely. Very gentle.