What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Yesterday 03.12.2020
7.15 FBG 6.4 disappointing
Maybe disturbed night setting off DP multiple times? Very aware of the rain all night. Morning the bed is soaking wet again. Mostly on MrSlims side this time.
Errant continued to be noticeably irritable for most of the day, until early evening when he suddenly evacuated from both ends within a minute. Managed to move him so no mess on the new carpets and he did make it to his litter box. Ofc being a cat he still expected to get dinner...
After the death of laptop realised all my photos might be lost.
Not the best day. But the good news is MrSlim had reminder for eye appointment on Friday.

8 10am 7.9 possibly record high for me.

Reactions: kaylz91

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday 03.12.2020
7.15 FBG 6.4 disappointing
Maybe disturbed night setting off DP multiple times? Very aware of the rain all night. Morning the bed is soaking wet again. Mostly on MrSlims side this time.
Errant continued to be noticeably irritable for most of the day, until early evening when he suddenly evacuated from both ends within a minute. Managed to move him so no mess on the new carpets and he did make it to his litter box. Ofc being a cat he still expected to get dinner...
After the death of laptop realised all my photos might be lost.
Not the best day. But the good news is MrSlim had reminder for eye appointment on Friday.

8 10am 7.9 possibly record high for me.
Hugs all round but especially for death of laptop - all may not be lost if you can recover the hard drive inside.

lindisfel

Expert
Morning all and welcome to @kaylz91

6.1 for my troubles and who am I to argue with science.

Hopes are high today that the boiler man not only returns but is competent enough to finish the job. We live in hope ;)

I must get around to doing some art, letting the side down and all that. Trouble is my other passion of gaming has taken priority. I also admit to not feeling inspired as my muse was off somewhere else and now can't return due to me being in tier 3 :)

Enjoy the day
Can't be too difficult if the boiler is heating the central heating. If the water is heated on demand it is relatively simple, if you have a three port valve it could be mechanical or possibly a micro switch.

When they put my new oil boiler in a few years ago, they could not get the hot water working and bulls***ted me about about needing a new 3 port valve and left it not working on the friday night. I pointed out to the plumber it was working before they touched it!

So I fixed it over the weekend.... they had cocked up the wiring to the cylinder and 3 port valve.
I bet he had not met an old man like me before! :)
D.

lindisfel

Expert
4.5 this morning so surprisingly liver didn't release loads of glucose in a panic.

Woke at 3am at 3.5 but no hypo symptoms at all which is really unusual. So perhaps my liver and pancreas have realised that 3.5 is normal as I am not on injected insulin and there is absolutely no need to press the panic button.

Horrid weather this morning. I think it will be like it all day.
Could you be fat burning?

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blood-letting update
Got the bus one slot earlier than the one I wanted to get, and good job too - traffic even getting off the estate was a horror... and then when I walked up the road, only then did I remember that the hospital is another long road and walk ahead!

Anyway, I got there 15 mins early and they saw me early. I told the lovely woman who did my bloods that my veins are terrible and she tapped me on the arm and told me "I have a baby needle all ready!" ... the second vial for the full blood count took AGES to fill though... and I made the mistake of looking down and felt a tad odd watching this red stuff dribble out oh so slowly!
She did say that the appointment system has been so much better as before COVID, as previously people were taking a number and could be waiting up to an hour. They are going to have online appointments at some stage, which will be good as it is one of the key services from my GP surgery that has sadly been discontinued. Should get the results in a week.

Cave-dweller obviously taking a day off today so I am watching the last eppy of the DamBusters documentary that I have been recording and doing some work in my room in the loft. Mop chop at 3pm and then I need to liberate the golf clubs and trolley etc and cook snacks for tomorrow - kinda our golfing tradition to have nibbles... cranberry, red onion, brie and bacon tartlets and if I have the time I might try mini apple turnovers. I can't be bothered to get any jelly babies from Tesco but we are only playing nine holes so I am pretty sure I can cope, and I will just get some for 18 holes on Sunday where I definitely DO need a sugar hit at around Hole 12-13 when I really start flagging, and I always take a 27oz and 12oz water bottle with me and end up drinking every other hole.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
A very drab day.
Went for a walk up the hill at the back of the house. Farmer (another one) stopped his quad bike and we had a chat.
Didn't know they had heated handle grips!
He is nearly 65 but looks incredibly weather beaten and has to ride side saddle because a hip has gone.
He has no sons or daughters, so its difficult getting someone to take over. Too much like hard work.

By 1030 the snow was up to 500' and the higher fells not visible.
The highest hill there is Sandale fell at c.1220 where I worked for 20+ years.
IMG_20201204_102632468_compress97.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201204_102622233_compress96.jpg
    IMG_20201204_102622233_compress96.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't be too difficult if the boiler is heating the central heating. If the water is heated on demand it is relatively simple, if you have a three port valve it could be mechanical or possibly a micro switch.

I did mention that as I had fixed my own boiler back on the farm, however, her ladyship has decided that he knows best so I shall keep my counsel to myself. Still hasn't turned up mind you so we'll see where it goes :)

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, we are lucky if it comes up to our knees :bag:;)

I Hates the stuff....so more then happy IF it DOES fall, it rarely stays long... and knees..omg.:woot:

Ours barely reaches the top of shoe sole, and London still grinds to a halt..:hilarious:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Horrible sleet stuff here. Been working on the outside grotto. But driven in. I am a cross between frozen and ice...

I started a new section, got a few bits up, now I can plan and create the rest of it indoors to hopefully put together outside tomorrow.

I am in bed with cat now, trying to finish making this Santa Claus. He has a baby's red babygro, and I found a cheap Santa Claus dog outfit which fits on Santa's front. He is headless currently. I had intended making a real life Santa Claus but no chicken wire in stock anywhere. So, maybe I was being a bit a ambitious in the first place! So, now a baby sized Santa. Popeye doesn't think much of it.

76BE0B01-1920-48E7-ADBA-D5AD6E8B5174.jpeg

I think that photo has gone upside down...but you get the picture...

And here is something I did today for @alf_Josiah I hope you like it :)
It is now on my wall, and viewable by my Insensitive neighbour...
I did have a rubber roasted chicken to go with it, but that is elusive at the moment...it has gone on walkabouts somewhere.

8D0B5237-8E88-4137-8ED3-1D2D00816F07.jpeg

Edit: forgot Fbg
Fbg 6.4 I think, this morning is that long ago...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Better join in here as reckon its due to me the little "reminder" was posted in the other FBG thread :oops:

Anyways its a 6.0 for me, have woken with a really sore throat, my own fault, I spent the majority of yesterday vaping on a dud coil :rolleyes:

Please can everyone keep their fingers, in fact everything crossed that our bathroom is fully finished today, would appreciate it greatly, thanks
xx
Welcome @kaylz91
:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well MILs bungalow sale complete and money in her account, trickling out for care home fees. Feels odd I started courting Kath in 1965 and so have known this bungalow for many years, been in her family since built by her grandad and now it belongs to someone else, very strange but a relief it's done.

And whilst away the forum moved on at its usual amazing pace. Deep snow, sleet, blood letting, gluts of sprouts, leaky motorhomes, photos, art, booze, sore throats and seasonal colds, mysteries of heating boilers, distraction of computer gaming and newbies, welcome @kaylz91 to this place.

So hugs for those needing them, winners for those having some good moments and fingers crossed for those getting things done or waiting results.

@dunelm thanks for your comments on Snowdon Painting, I did do a little more and it worked, not posted it again so not to be repetitive. Like your leaves, inspired by yesterday's walk, nice composition.

I have fiddled around with three Christmas Card designs all based on previous ideas, I have to remember to whome I sent which design, Birch tree one is easiest to do so probably all be along those lines, so this is my art for today.....

IMG_4202.JPG IMG_4203.JPG IMG_4204.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well MILs bungalow sale complete and money in her account, trickling out for care home fees. Feels odd I started courting Kath in 1965 and so have known this bungalow for many years, been in her family since built by her grandad and now it belongs to someone else, very strange but a relief it's done.

And whilst away the forum moved on at its usual amazing pace. Deep snow, sleet, blood letting, gluts of sprouts, leaky motorhomes, photos, art, booze, sore throats and seasonal colds, mysteries of heating boilers, distraction of computer gaming and newbies, welcome @kaylz91 to this place.

So hugs for those needing them, winners for those having some good moments and fingers crossed for those getting things done or waiting results.

@dunelm thanks for your comments on Snowdon Painting, I did do a little more and it worked, not posted it again so not to be repetitive. Like your leaves, inspired by yesterday's walk, nice composition.

I have fiddled around with three Christmas Card designs all based on previous ideas, I have to remember to whome I sent which design, Birch tree one is easiest to do so probably all be along those lines, so this is my art for today.....

View attachment 45960 View attachment 45961 View attachment 45962
No surprise to anyone that I like the one with the Church best. Fully sympathise with Kath over the sale of the bungalow. Diminishes one in a way even a death can't IMHO. Fortunately, I gather that like me you are some distance away and won't pass it often to have your nose rubbed in it so to speak.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like my school reports!:)
That could do better nonsense would have a teacher fired these days. There is/was a formula for writing reports and folks such as me had to read a proportion, quantify mistakes and off piste efforts then record in the culprit's performance management record or politely suggest a new career might be a good idea.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
In ZenBrush3
I saw it this morning. The misty sun at the top of the telegraph pole. So, I wanted to capture it.
81BEE02C-252D-4DB5-B32B-09646AA833F6.jpeg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Talking about online orders and deliveries and I know we weren't but any way I have just received a delivery ordered on Monday for next day delivery from a well known company and by the tracking info it seems to have been to Marseille France then Kent and Leicester on it's way to me in Nottinghamshire it is better traveled than I have been for some time.:)

Also Alexa keeps telling me I am about to receive an order of Mouth Washington. :):)