What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 and @Rachox -- Brilliant HbA1c results, especially in these trying times. Really well done.
@JFWinstone -- Welcome to the thread.
@Sugarlisa -- Sounds like a perfect day to me -- carbwise.

Haven't posted yesterday, so will posts two days' foods.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. Half a DD keto roll with brie and turkey salami.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with steak tartare and mayonnaise.

Dinner: Two lamb tenderloins, sesame-yoghurt sauce, last of the cauliflower risotto and baba ghanoush, a black cherry tomato. A bit of whipped cream with 5 raspberries. 10g of 88% chocolate. Dry red wine.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. About 10g of 88% chocolate.

Lunch: Romaine lettuce with h/m Caesar's dressing, parmesan and a black cherry tomato. 80g of turkey salami. Some rhubarb with whipped cream.

Dinner: 80g of turkey salami, 50g of celeriac mash with butter, potato fibers and cream, 40g of cheese. Dry red wine.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast, CWC, nut granola.
We went on the most definitely essential trip to see a motorhome. Both of us are fed up with leaks and inadequate cooking facilities.

Edited to add: somehow both of us missed the fact that there was no oven!
Brainstorming alternatives now, including air fryers...recommendations for brands and models please, needs to be compact.

Very late lunch at M1 service station, two hard boiled eggs with spinach and 6 chilli cheese bites from burger king, tea.
Dinner, bubble and squeak, smallish portion, two fried eggs on top. Eggs were especially delicious from Old Cotswold Legbar hens and had beautiful pale blue shells with deep golden yolks. Had two slices of cheddar afterwards. Two glasses of fizz.
Bedtime. Lemon and ginger tea.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy with two of you and no oven, I’d suggest one of the air fryers that has shelves rather than a basket. Fits more in and more versatile. I have the Lidl Silvercrest one, but that’s dependent on them having it in store. From what I’ve observed/gleaned from others the various models are much the same - know a couple of others with similar models in other brands who seem to get similar results. I live in a tiny studio flat so get the need for compactness. Wouldn’t be without mine.

Something like this: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Daewoo-Rotisserie-Circulation-Interior-Thermostat/dp/B084J4K14G

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast 2 egg scrambled on some chopped cooked ham cooked in ghee, 1/2 slice sourdough with butter and black coffee. Managed to only eat half so left over for breakfast tomorrow.

Lunch fruit salad with fresh cream

Snack coffee blitz with ice and a dash a FFmilk and a chocolate chip cookie

Dinner 2 lamb cutlets marinated with sumac Grilled broccolini and snow peas with small squirter of honey, cranberries and sesame seed oil.

Edit to say had a peice of fresh coconut and 5 chocolate coated coffee beans

20201206_180927.jpg
20201206_180415~2.jpg

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy with two of you and no oven, I’d suggest one of the air fryers that has shelves rather than a basket. Fits more in and more versatile. I have the Lidl Silvercrest one, but that’s dependent on them having it in store. From what I’ve observed/gleaned from others the various models are much the same - know a couple of others with similar models in other brands who seem to get similar results. I live in a tiny studio flat so get the need for compactness. Wouldn’t be without mine.

Something like this: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Daewoo-Rotisserie-Circulation-Interior-Thermostat/dp/B084J4K14G
Like @Goonergal I have the Lidl Silvercrest one and it is very versatile. Even Hubby uses it quite a lot (he wouldn't go near the paddle version). The Amazon one does look very similar. This is the Lidl one

Reactions: Goonergal

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday Bed 6.5 FBG 6.9. Still a bit erratic but settling again. As Mrs T 123 said, weather here on Thursday was horrendous. We were wakened by the thunder about 5am. We didn't have any snow lying (too close to the Forth) but boy did we have a hard frost and the car was well iced up. Eldest grandson was seriously concerned about me getting back to the car on my own so I had to reassure him I was expert at finding non icy spots.
B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with egg mayo.
L. A DGF no carrot cake
D. Poached salmon fillet with mini mozzarella, tomato, avocado and a leftover chicken fillet. Another DGF no carrot (that a box gone - rest are in the freezer).

Excellent a1cs @DJC3 & @Rachox.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 6.5 FBG 7.9. Torrential rain today and the Esk is struggling. Even the seagulls are sitting high on the bank.
B. TAG and a SLC cheese and ham toastie.
L. Nothing
D. GF haggis with veggie chips. 4 King cherries.

Saturday bed 6.5 FBG 6.9

L. Nothing
D. Cold cuts - slice each of roast pork, ox tongue, haslet, roast beef and turkey. Veggie chips and coleslaw. 2 squares Godiva.

DIL had her clinic open again today and weather was weird. One minute sunshine, next torrential rain. We seemed to be in a pocket in the middle as a few miles either side there was a good coating of hailstones on the pavements. We just had the seagulls eyeing the high, fast flowing Esk with dismay. All the other usual flying residents of the Esk have vanished.

Finally, I've caught up!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday bed 6.5 FBG 7.9. Torrential rain today and the Esk is struggling. Even the seagulls are sitting high on the bank.
L. Nothing
D. GF haggis with veggie chips. 4 King cherries.

Saturday bed 6.5 FBG 6.9

L. Nothing
D. Cold cuts - slice each of roast pork, ox tongue, haslet, roast beef and turkey. Veggie chips and coleslaw. 2 squares Godiva.

DIL had her clinic open again today and weather was weird. One minute sunshine, next torrential rain. We seemed to be in a pocket in the middle as a few miles either side there was a good coating of hailstones on the pavements. We just had the seagulls eyeing the high, fast flowing Esk with dismay. All the other usual flying residents of the Esk have vanished.

Finally, I've caught up!
@maglil55 What % is the godiva - and probably a stupid question but where is it in Tescos/Morisons I have looked a few times beside the lindtt but they never seem to have it - am I looking in the wrong place?

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 What % is the godiva - and probably a stupid question but where is it in Tescos/Morisons I have looked a few times beside the lindtt but they never seem to have it - am I looking in the wrong place?
Godiva 90%. Morrisons tend to have the lower content. Tescos sometimes have it so it is stock up when you can. ASDA is the most reliable for the 90%. It's on offer at the moment.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/...iva-90-cocoa-dark-chocolate-bar/1000112906970

They do just have it with the chocolate bars. You can get it on Amazon but it's more than 3 x the supermarket price.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 10.7
12 noon - Brunch: 2 eggs dry fried. Still not sure how much Humilin S to take - decided on 50 units and build on that over the next few meals. BG after 2 hours - 17.9. Not enough insulin, I guess. Not sure how this will work out - maximum that the pen will deliver in one shot is about 65 units. Somehow I managed to damage the surface of the copperstone frying pan Neil bought for me, just with the eggs! Oops.

Evening meal will be some more of the veg stew I made a day or so ago. Might add some of the black garlic, which arrived yesterday in the post. Tried one and thought "I could easily eat these as snacks on their own." Changed my mind about half an hour later when I couldn't get rid of a kind of burnt after-taste. Probably OK in the stew.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Have fallen behind again. Yesterday and today’s breakfast was slice of HiLo toast, lots of tea. Lunch yesterday and today was a Lizza toastie split and spread with egg mayo.
Supper yesterday was a lamb chump chop pan fried with mushrooms.
Supper today will be a burger with melted Emmental and fried mushrooms a la Mushroom Double Swiss many moons ago at Burger King and a spoon of coleslaw on the side.
These Lizza toasties from Germany are really working out for me and I am fussy. Each one is 1.7g carbs and split and toasted makes two very acceptable vehicles for various toppings. They are all organic ingredients and are filling. I can’t really do salad lunches in winter. However they are shipped from Germany and will probably make no economic or practical sense after the end of the year.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you posting again @PenguinMum. New standard 5.00 am wakeup 4.2 via Swipey. Unfortunately still winter - bored with that now.. B= Very much Assam TWAMIS: Lunch: CWSFCS - video calling S’oton and meandering around Waitrose then ‘twas rugger time. EM - NLD and roast chicken, tomato, broccoli and mushrooms. Sauted CavoloNero and leek. Gravy. 125 mls red wine - individual bottle. Comte 'cos I was an hungered. Pretty much meh but I know I am very blessed to eat at all.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Kind of a 2 meal day.

Lunch was beef short ribs. Couldn’t finish them (well, there’s a first time for everything) so stashed them for another time.
Dinner. Spent the afternoon gassing on a Skype call so short of time, I sliced the remaining bits of short rib and microwaved then with some of the juices from the lunch time cooking. Very good. Wasn’t quite enough so ate the few remaining salami slices from yesterday’s dinner.

@SlimLizzy I’ve tagged you into another thread where air fryers and cooking gadgets are being discussed.

7D8CC1AE-F125-4F07-9303-AD4ED108C015.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slc rolls - 1 filled with fried egg & other had 3 slices of smoked back bacon. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 3 chicken thighs, 3 small peppers stuffed with cream cheese, small edamame & green salad. A Handful of nuts and some cheese

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday Bed 6 FBG 6.3. Back to boys swimming lesson day and son decides he wants to go to Tesco after. One day I'll get them organised to get everything in one day
B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing at swimming
D. Chicken leg done in a tomato/mushroom/bacon sauce, celeriac fondant, asparagus and a mini cob. Usual campari and soda. I may have a wee prosecco and a DGF later since I've defrosted a couple.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya all - as you can see on avatar Cooper is now with is and tree up - very cosy. Mind when got back earlier from a 2 and a half hour walk in the mud we didn’t feel cosy so much mud and ,of course, I slipped in it too so literally had mud everywhere! Washing machine had to go on twice and showers all round much to coopers disgust! He’s very tolerant but shower and shampoo not on his wish List!
Morning one each of slice bacon,egg and LC toast
Lunch whilst walking an Aldi choc and nut bar
Dinner HM chicken curry with gin and soda water followed by DGF peanut butter brownie with cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only one meal but an awful lot of food and wine seems to have disappeared. All the family round which was lovely.
Coffee ( black) and TWAM all morning.
Cracked the first bottle of bubbly around midday.
Slow roast leg of pork (crackling finished off in airfryer was fab) cauli cheese using one of those odd looking green pointy brassicas. Green beans with almonds and pancetta, buttery Savoy cabbage and roast garlic veg, (plus gratin dauphinois for them ) cheese afterwards - no biscuits for me (meant to make lc seedy crackers but somehow never got round to it). Red wine.
They’ve all gone now so cup of TWAM and a sleepy Dennis to relax with.
@shelley262 Dennis send hugs to Cooper for the enforced shower.