What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.9 today ( Libre 4.2 but I never believe Libre fbg - it seems to catch up later in the day, maybe when I’m more hydrated)

When I raised this point with Abbott they said that the libre reading should be done about 15 minutes after the BG strip. It kind of makes sense if you think about the physiology

Reactions: DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.4 for me today.

@simo_M -- Welcome to the thread and well done on your first fbg in the 4s.
@notepadplusplus -- Wonderful that your second Covid test also came in negative.
@PenguinMum -- It looks as if you're doing really well. Does it mean that you are now back to normal after having gone through Covid?

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 on Libre and 5.3 on Finger Prick today.

The average BG during the day yesterday while fasting was 5.5 which is a bit different from past fasting days. So read a bit on why its on higher side and came across this reassuring answer to the FAQ from Dr. Jason Fung. Thought someone might find this useful.

Have a lovely day everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I raised this point with Abbott they said that the libre reading should be done about 15 minutes after the BG strip. It kind of makes sense if you think about the physiology

Yes I’ve heard that, and I think it’s true for me later in the day. In the morning though, even if I check again after 15 mins it’s usually wildly different until I’ve had a few coffees. Then they seem more in sync for the rest of the day.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ymdawd

Chriztopher

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all 6.2 for me this morning, better than I expected as I had a jam doughnut last night to celebrate the first night of Hanukkah

(By “a” doughnut that may also have been “a pack of doughnuts” #MissingCarbsAndSugar)