COVID vaccination

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Realistic, maybe. Bill Gates, the spokesperson of the covid situation is a eugenicist that has invested billions in vaccines and spoken many times about population reduction. Now he cares about humanity? Can he be trusted?
Maybe

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Realistic, maybe. Bill Gates, the spokesperson of the covid situation is a eugenicist that has invested billions in vaccines and spoken many times about population reduction. Now he cares about humanity? Can he be trusted?

I really don't get this logic at all.

Vaccines have been integral to the increase in life expectancy by protecting against diseases. Nothing is 100% and there are downsides to vaccination programmes.
Bill Gates wants to reduce population growth.
Bill Gates donates billions to vaccine research, health care and education.

and this is meant to be a bad thing.

Reactions: Circuspony

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Why would it be in the document if it's not possible? They don't know if it can cause infertility? If you ever want children better not taking the chance, no?

Everything is possible.
If I don't have the vaccine I might not be here to have children.....

Reactions: Ymdawd

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a real problem with anti-vaccine people. The scientists that make them are not fools or witch-doctors, they undergo testing. I was a member of the group disproving the anti MMR forums in America . They did not realise the risks their children faced from measles mumps and rubella. When they met blind and mentally damaged children from measles and realised that this could happen to their children they changed. We daily can see what COVID-19 i doing to people we know! Do you seriously think not being vaccinated will improve a UK death score of more than 60,000 people?

How many of these 60,000 UK deaths would have died anyway, even without COVID-19.? A substantial amount. COVID-19 is not totally to blame.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all die one day. This is a facile POV and not a realistic interpretation of the figures. Those deaths are real and affect families and friends who grieve the loss of loved ones BEFORE THEIR TIME. You seem to be very callous and unsympathetic, That 60,000 is not a herd of cattle, and that is not what is meant by herd immunity.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How many of these 60,000 UK deaths would have died anyway, even without COVID-19.? A substantial amount. COVID-19 is not totally to blame.

We're all going to die..... the question is did they die too early? Covid-19 speeded up the process.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In some but not all/
This year my family has lost two lovely people before their time. I am putting you in Ignore.

Edited by mod to remove comment breaking forum rules on simple courtesy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.

There is a sign behind the bar down my local.. (I assume it's still hanging.)

It simply reads. "Be nice or leave."

There have been a couple of requests from my Mod team mates to stay civil on this topic.

Thanx in advance for your compliance.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! What an uncaring attitude!
Well my aunt wouldn't have died of a broken arm if she hadn't caught Covid-19 in rehab. I wouldn't be still suffering with numerous health problems if I hadn't caught Covid-19. But I guess you're OK, so denial works for you.

Reactions: Circuspony and ert

Max68

Can never understand this callous "well, they would have died anyway" theory. How does one know, you can't. Dementia patients like my mum or others of a certain age in care can live for years and if someone dies of Covid in care they are taken before their time pure and simple. Whether it's by a day, month, year or ten years it doesn't matter, Covid ends a life before something else does! What about younger people who have died from Covid? What if these vaccines are full of poison and kill 60,000 people? Would people just mumble "Well they would have died anyway?!" In my opinion it's a pointless callous argument that cannot be proved and Zand puts it perfectly above and sadly this ridiculous phrase is massively disrespectful to people like Zand.

I may have mentioned this before but I can't remember but my thoughts on vaccines is this. I lost most of my hearing when I was a kid as a side effect of the whooping cough vaccine. A little girl who lived down the road who was a friend died of whooping cough. The families religion didn't cater for vaccines. I'm deaf but thankfully still here, sadly she is not. I'm male, not skinny and diabetic so I'll take my chances with the vaccine rather than the virus. If it's proved that the vaccine also stops you passing on the virus then I'll happily take it again to protect other people. It's a no brainer in my opinion.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Apologies if this has been posted before. Just thought it was worth a read.
BBC News - Covid vaccines: Who decides if they are safe? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55056016
safe_image.php

Covid vaccines: Who decides if they are safe?
bbc.co.uk

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies if this has been posted before. Just thought it was worth a read.
BBC News - Covid vaccines: Who decides if they are safe? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55056016
safe_image.php

Covid vaccines: Who decides if they are safe?
bbc.co.uk

It would seem that this article does not actually say who makes the decision apart from MHRA, but nothing about who is in that body, how many, and what are their credentials and experiences. Also, it should have mentioned that the team was fed information during the trial starting with the day it started to the day they came to decide. So it was not a sudden panic at the end, it was not rushed, and was properly done IMHO.

Their website gives a Who's Who of those involved. Of all the talking heads I've seen on the TV screen recently I've was impressed by the CEO, Dr June Raine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/medicines-and-healthcare-products-regulatory-agency

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
BBC 1 @9.05 pm, Panorama : The Race for a Vaccine. Talking about fake news as well.

Reactions: hankjam