What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: gammon steak and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late posting as just back from my mums

So, food ...

Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted with butter & brussels pate on top. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 chicken drumsticks as was starving when I got back in house after driving my son to and from appointment to get his ears syringed as it was done at a couple of towns away at Specsavers. He really needed it done but it is something else NHS not doing just now. Then threw together some chargrilled chicken & avocado with a large side salad which went down well. Afters was 2 profiteroles (a little naughty - 10 carbs) with another mug of earl grey tea

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breafast a frittata made with 2 eggs 1 slice ham 1&1/2 tomatoes 2 slices cheese on buttered thickly white bread bsl 5.9 at 10.10am will retest again in 2 and 4 hours
About 4 hours later
Bsl 4.1 so had a few grapes and a spoonful of tabbelah with lettuce

Popped over to my neighbours place and had a black coffee

Dinner

grilled rump steak with grilled potato brocollini babaghanish tabbelah

Desert Burnt fig, honeycomb & caramel ice cream

This morning breaky two slices LCHF white bread with yoghurt/labna spread with ECOO and herbs and a black coffee

Dinner have left over steak and frittata so may eat that

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breafast a frittata made with 2 eggs 1 slice ham 1&1/2 tomatoes 2 slices cheese on buttered thickly white bread bsl 5.9 at 10.10am will retest again in 2 and 4 hours
About 4 hours later
Bsl 4.1 so had a few grapes and a spoonful of tabbelah with lettuce

Popped over to my neighbours place and had a black coffee

Dinner

grilled rump steak with grilled potato brocollini babaghanish tabbelah

Desert Burnt fig, honeycomb & caramel ice cream

This morning breaky two slices LCHF white bread with yoghurt/labna spread with ECOO and herbs and a black coffee

Dinner have left over steak and frittata so may eat that

Gosh, that is a lot of carbs. Are you struggling after Xmas getting back on the low carb track? Lots of people do. But don';t worry, people here on this low carb thread can give you lots of encouragement and moral support to help you reduce the carbs.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food has been lovely and simple for me lately.

Yesterday was just kefir, broccoli and stilton soup (light on the broc, heavy on the Stilton), and then chicken wings in lemon and garlic.

Today will be kefir, the same soup, and lamb leg steaks with garlic. There may also be a cheeky roast parsnip (but only 1! Mr B will enjoy the rest of them) since it is necessary (once again) to make room in the freezer for the next huge raw dog food delivery. :)

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@mojo37 that’s a great result from your walk.
Today I had black coffee then a LoDough wrap with tuna, cheese and Mayo. Some Montezuma’s absolute black chocolate.
Dinner was meatballs and sauce I found in the freezer. I think they were the DD Swedish meatball recipe.
Feeling a bit cheesed off as almost 2 weeks of almost zero carb hasn’t had much of an impact on my BG. Last night at bedtime 7.0. Just now before dinner 7.0 don’t know what else to do tbh. Not likely to fall off the lc wagon - goodness knows what the numbers would be like then.
Think I’ll go back to DD meal planners which have often helped in the past.
Thank you yes I was pleased with the reduction in my BG from walking just shows how much exercise helps ...would have been better if I hadn't had the carbs in the first place :rolleyes:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the welcome back @Goonergal and @shelley262 good to hear you were able to sort out your mum’s vaccination in time for her eye op. @Sugarlisa well done on the walk and sorry you had such a bad time with Covid, be very kind to yourself.
Breakfast today was my usual slice of HiLo toast, butter, copious tea.
Lunch will be h/m green veg soup maybe a chunk of cheese.
Supper will be chicken, chorizo, red pepper & tomato with paprika thing which will be with cauli rice for me.
Fridge is bare again, Sainsburys C&C tomorrow thank heavens!

Sugarlisa

Blackberries with yogurt and peppermint tea (breakfast)
Lunch was a ham sandwich while home schooling with a sugar free squash
Tea is chicken breast wrapped in bacon with phil garlic cheese inside with it carrots and turnip with some broccoli while my family have corn beef pasty with gravy x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

TMAD again today, with some added (birthday) cakes. Fearing a long, stressful meeting this morning I ate breakfast to reduce the possibility of biting someone’s head off. Mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.

Dinner was a ‘starter’ of a keto lemon cake, with some extra thick double cream, followed by a poussin rubbed with some rosemary and garlic salt, which turned out to be delicious. Will be buying more of that. Dessert was a keto chocolate cupcake with extra thick double cream. In a first, I couldn’t finish the cake (very rich), so most of the frosting, a piece of the base and some of the cream is back in the fridge.

Attachments

• 03876F87-F6BB-4098-A8EF-BBBF13EF2F81.jpeg
    03876F87-F6BB-4098-A8EF-BBBF13EF2F81.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 217

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Burthday @Goonergal I’m intending to join your celebration from afar with a DGF chocolate brownie and a cup of tea in a few minutes. The poussin looks good. Where do you get the flavoured salt from?
Other food today started around 12:30 with a LoDough wrap filled with tuna, avocado and egg. Last of the chic nut squares
Dinner was a fish pie made with an Iceland fish mixture. Wasn’t too keen on it but the creamy cheesy sauce I cooked it in was nice. Topped with courgettes instead of mash.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - salmon fillet with a large side salad. 2 teaspoons of peanut butter with double cream. 2 squares of lindtt 90% and a mug of earl grey tea

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

TMAD again today, with some added (birthday) cakes. Fearing a long, stressful meeting this morning I ate breakfast to reduce the possibility of biting someone’s head off. Mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.

Dinner was a ‘starter’ of a keto lemon cake, with some extra thick double cream, followed by a poussin rubbed with some rosemary and garlic salt, which turned out to be delicious. Will be buying more of that. Dessert was a keto chocolate cupcake with extra thick double cream. In a first, I couldn’t finish the cake (very rich), so most of the frosting, a piece of the base and some of the cream is back in the fridge.
Happy Birthday to you! :happy:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal sounds like wonderful birthday cakes -happy birthday. Would be even better if we were celebrating together with a steak with candles in it and unlimited meat! So missing those bbq restaurants.
Yay I’m celebrating today as brother took 90 year old mum for her first CV19 vaccination earlier today - feeling relieved that it’s done. Just have to patiently wait now till they get round to more people and we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Breakfast bacon,egg and half slice of hm lc toast
Lunch half slice of hm lc toast with vintage cheddar
Dinner chicken marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and Chinese spices cooked in oven served with salads and celebratory white wine made sparkling by mixing with soda water. Pudding DGF butterscotch and pecan served warm with cream.
Plus just had decaff coffee with one Montezumas peanut butter egg ( 1g of carb per egg but taste really rich so one hits the spot for me)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a few days behind again what with trying to visit/help brother & sister in law, trying to keep their daughter in Australia up to date with the constantly changing landscape for her getting here and having all the right paperwork, trying to keep my own home functioning and home schooling started on Monday. I'm taking the eldest grandson. The lessons are going well but I'll go on the parallel thread regarding the issues caused out with our control! Suffice to say I'm spending a few hours each evening developing lessons. Still, grandson says my lessons are a lot more interesting than what they do at school.
Sunday - bed 6.9 FBG 6. Very cold day. Hubby now over the bug as well.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue & coleslaw. Onto my last loaf so time to order another batch as there is no way I'll have time to bake in the foreseeable.
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda. Slow cooked lamb shank with a red wine gravy. Cauliflower mash, mange tout, broccoli, peas & kale mix. 2 squares 85%

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Burthday @Goonergal I’m intending to join your celebration from afar with a DGF chocolate brownie and a cup of tea in a few minutes. The poussin looks good. Where do you get the flavoured salt from?

The flavoured salt came from here: https://justingredients.co.uk/
Also bought some other rubs/mixes from here: https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/

Happy Birthday to you! :happy:
Thanks!

@Goonergal sounds like wonderful birthday cakes -happy birthday. Would be even better if we were celebrating together with a steak with candles in it and unlimited meat! So missing those bbq restaurants.

A steak cake with candles would certainly be welcome and @DJC3 ’s avatar always brings back good memories!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 11 January - bed 6.6 FBG 6.9. Another very frosty, icy day. Grandson was intent on gritting the path & pavement with the bags of grit I bought (since council gritters seem to have vanished).
B. TAG and 2 slice of SLC toast with roast beef, mustard and tomato.
L. Grandson & I had a hot vimto each! (Grandson had lunch - I didn't).
D. Prawns, salmon with lemon & parsley, avocado, tomato, mini mozzarella and coleslaw. DGF blueberry & lemon.

Tuesday - 12 January Bed 7.7 FBG 6.2.

B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with ox tongue & coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. The last two of these Mexican rissoles thingies with wilted spinach & coleslaw. DGF lemon & blueberry and raspberries.

Happy birthday @Goonergal

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee (resisted a snack too as I need to lose a bit of Xmas from my middle!)
Dinner: chilli con carne with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9:00 ff greek with seeds, 6 blueberries, 2 pecans and 1 sq of 100% preparing for an intense exercise class, that was then cancelled!
Spent some time on the the exercise bike listening to talks from the Quit Sugar summit
1pm 2 chicken drumsticks, 1 tomato
Hungry most of the afternoon so kept going to the freezer for lc ginger cookies (3 at least) finally had another drumstick which killed hunger finally.
7pm h/m meatballs in tomato sauce made by hubby following a cook a long. Very tasty (even the burnt bits!)
I glass red while doing book club on line.
I bag pork crunchies. Can't usually manage a whole bag but did this time, with the help of the cat who loves them.
Wish this hunger would stop.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3