What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.3 - I went to bed on a 6.3 and got the same 6.3 this morning. Now, this doesn’t tell me what was happening in between, if I was “stable” or coming-down or going-up or whatever? I do know I’m a Diabetic. So, what can I derive from these two Samples?
i would derive that your bgs are stable x

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
i would derive that your bgs are stable x
Firstly, thanks for the X :) .....

Now, does this mean I shall oft sail the Glucose Seas, like a Marie Celeste or Flying Dutchman, at 6.3? Does it? Fundamentally does Stable equate with Healthy?

oh yeah X too ;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 for me. Once again this was a later than waking test, as I left meter downstairs, and was too cosy / lazy to test on waking, as I was comfy looking out of the window,from under the duvet, at the snow falling.

Bigtt

Yes indeed, its been very helpful. Morning reading was 7.5 and dropped 2hrs after breakfast to 6.4 and stable on that after lunch (added little carbs) and my usual 1hr walk after each meal. Next week will work towards stabilizing on 5.8 or lower. I need to work on my dinner, appears it spikes my morning readings. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Morning All 6.1 so clawing back! @Sugarlisa you are going great guns! @Bigtt you sound like you are on a good track, protein, above ground veg, some good fats really do work. Welcome btw.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A bit late posting today. Fbg was 4.4 this morning.

@hankjam -- Sorry to read about the bad night's sleep the other day. Btw, the page turner was Dead Land by Sara Paretsky.
@Paul1882 -- Welcome and very well done on your brilliant progress.
@nutribolt -- Really empathize, it must have been really frustrating to follow official advice and not to make a dent on your blood sugars. By the way, soy flour contains 3g of net carbs per 100g (so you needn't deduct fiber).
@the-mental-one -- Hugs for the rough times you went through last year.
@Bigtt -- The way you're going I bet you'll reach your goals in no time at all.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@nutribolt -- Really empathize, it must have been really frustrating to follow official advice and not to make a dent on your blood sugars. By the way, soy flour contains 3g of net carbs per 100g (so you needn't deduct fiber).

Thanks @ziggy_w

The soya flour that I ordered from Amazon says 3gms carb not net carb and people have written in reviews that they use it for all sorts of pancakes and stuff while on keto diet although I haven't tried those yet.

Please can you cast your eyes on the attached screenshot and confirm if I am reading it wrong.

The one I did try for yesterday worked out very well and did not cause BG spike so its a winner in my books for sure. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-000658_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-000658_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: ianpspurs

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.6 this morning.

@ianpspurs -- Glad to see you back posting on here again.
@nutribolt -- Brilliant question and I admit, whether to deduct fiber from the carbs listed or not really can be very confusing. In the U.S., the carbs on the label include fiber (and therefore fiber has to be deducted from the total) and in the UK, the carbs on the label do not include fiber (and therefore also don't need to be deducted). You can generally tell whether it is a US or British label based on the spelling of fiber (fiber in the US and fibre for the UK). Also, carbs can never be negative, the minimum is zero.