What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher the only way I think you can tackle this is to have a look at this link NHS patients' rights - Citizens Advice...you could also try writing to your local Clinical Commissioning Group which you can look up online...everyone is entitled to have access to a GP for some reason Wales particularly in Swansea seem to be trialing the remote access i.e. no direct access to a GP...however given your particular hearing difficulties that is not practical or safe for you so they will need to make suitable arrangements...it is possible to see who if the chair of your local CCG that information is available online...good luck

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies, Gentlemen and Meanderthals, they are related by marriage to Neanderthals, but have a tendancy to wander off.

A 5.2 on that meter of mystery and naughtiness this morning. It's calculation time again grrrrr.

The weather looks interesting and positively tropical if you are an Eskimo, thought, rubbing noses is that recommended during this pandemic?

I'm not certain what today has planned for me or all you fellow posters, painters and gamers have a great one and remember tomorrow is national bin day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. It was so cold and frosty on our morning walk but I was quite toasty as my new coat has a faux fur lined hood. Hands were a bit cold though even though I had my sheepskin gloves on.

We are not going to the farm shop for milk at the moment. We feel it is sensible to avoid icy country roads to get the farm milk. So it is a trip to the supermarket to get organic milk for my kefir this morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another bright and shiny morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Burns Supper and a dram or two came in at 6.1 this am - neeps alors!

My actifry has died - it signed a DNR after 10 years of use and so in it’s 14th year it gave up the ghost. Hope it can be re-cyled - it will go in that bin tomorrow. So, do I revert to the oven (big space to heat for small things) or go all Ninja and hope that it lasts me out?

Pickling yesterday - carrots, onions, French beans, cucumber - then ran out of vinegar. Took a time from Jamie Oliver who suggests changing ingredients in recipes to suit. So, my stuffed aubergine dal curry with herby flatbreads ended up as cheese on toast. Contact me for more cooking tips. Random thought - does ‘Oxford’ and ‘Bosporus’ mean the same thing?

Art today - something with snow - hope everyone has a wonderful pre-bin day. Time for my koffy.

View attachment 47058
Art good, Burns Supper good, actifry is so last century anyhow:angelic:. Go Ninja - get the one with rotisserie.. I'm reliably informed you can't take it with you:angelic:

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning campers.
Totally forgot that the car was in for a service and fell into a YouTube hole after binge-watching It's A Sin (and btw - WOW what a powerful series... expect BAFTAs galore)

So car in and I shamelessly treated myself to a couple of iced buns and a sausage roll from a family owned bakery on the Parade so that was breakfast and lunch sorted! Not particularly low carb but I have a day of radio clips to continue so... that is my reward. The good thing is I am well under-way and hope to get all the way through them today.

Bin day in an icy cul-de-sac is soon to be included as a Winter Olympic sport.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Fbs today was 9.3. Pulse 96. No change in diet so possibly combination of new medication effects and less exercise? Make the most of today folks, weather and lock down permitting of course.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really must keep abreast of the news. How could I have not noticed how The Woke were so powerful they could cancel seasons? Huzzah for the brave boys - are there any female members? - of the CRG who have the power to restore seasons . Very over inflated sense of self importance methinks. There was me thinking that creation in general and seasons in particular were down to God not that twerp Baker and his hangers on.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, how are Charlie and Lola? Are they being good?
Hi Krystyna they're both fine although Lola is always demanding to go out...both eating well Lola is eating a little too well the vet says she's too chubby but she will eat hers quickly then head for poor Charlies...I have tried to feed them separately but they won't eat apart...hope all's well you you the OH & fur baby...just collected a click & collect shop so off to see if I can fit it in the cupboards & the freezer

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some wonderful names given to those who make the grade in elite NFL. My favourite just now is L'Jarius Sneed. Tempted to explore Deed Poll, write a whodunnit with him as the villain or change username here. Until now this had been front runner Ha'Sean "Ha Ha" Treshon Clinton-Dix.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I really must keep abreast of the news. How could I have not noticed how The Woke were so powerful they could cancel seasons? Huzzah for the brave boys - are there any female members? - of the CRG who have the power to restore seasons . Very over inflated sense of self importance methinks. There was me thinking that creation in general and seasons in particular were down to God not that twerp Baker and his hangers on.

Didn't know you lived in the southern states of our old colony and taught creationism.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't know you lived in the southern states of our old colony and taught creationism.
Don't assume too much young man. We're on the internet. For all you know I may be safely cloistered in Mar-a-Largo licking my wounds. The internet really does allow for alternative truths and different realities.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi MC still about just busy busy busy there doesn't seem to be enough time to get everything done but I'm fine thank you I have to prioritise my time nowadays who would have thought?.
Pop in any time you find free. Good to know all is well, just busy.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another bright and shiny morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Burns Supper and a dram or two came in at 6.1 this am - neeps alors!

My actifry has died - it signed a DNR after 10 years of use and so in it’s 14th year it gave up the ghost. Hope it can be re-cyled - it will go in that bin tomorrow. So, do I revert to the oven (big space to heat for small things) or go all Ninja and hope that it lasts me out?

Pickling yesterday - carrots, onions, French beans, cucumber - then ran out of vinegar. Took a time from Jamie Oliver who suggests changing ingredients in recipes to suit. So, my stuffed aubergine dal curry with herby flatbreads ended up as cheese on toast. Contact me for more cooking tips. Random thought - does ‘Oxford’ and ‘Bosporus’ mean the same thing?

Art today - something with snow - hope everyone has a wonderful pre-bin day. Time for my koffy.

View attachment 47058
Your snow with something is brilliant, them poor creatures in a white out.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher the only way I think you can tackle this is to have a look at this link NHS patients' rights - Citizens Advice...you could also try writing to your local Clinical Commissioning Group which you can look up online...everyone is entitled to have access to a GP for some reason Wales particularly in Swansea seem to be trialing the remote access i.e. no direct access to a GP...however given your particular hearing difficulties that is not practical or safe for you so they will need to make suitable arrangements...it is possible to see who if the chair of your local CCG that information is available online...good luck
Thank you @HarryBeau
I really appreciate that information.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice pic @gennepher

I think for a lot of the tech giants it's engulf and devour competition.

And Google has a track record of promoting an app...and if not happy just ending it.

Found Google translate to work pretty well
Obviously it all moves forward as time passes,.but babble fish provided some "interesting" translations at times..;):hilarious:

*Bike reviews and comments, in Japanese particularly.

Enjoy the sleep.:)

Thanks @jjraak