What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, you know how you got this overnight Spike. And within 24 hours you’ll be back in the 5s. I don’t know what I’m doing to be stuck in the low 6s. Sure, I’m grateful from where I was at 18 months ago.

This could be a good thing though as it might mean your liver is dumping stored fat reserves. I observed this low 6s and I was as usual fasting so I was perplexed where is the Blood getting this sugar supply from... turns out liver dump is common and does happen and that's one time getting low 6s or even high 6s is OK and you should not stress over it. Stress will be counterproductive you see as stress is what causes cortisol harmone, the other villain in life of us diabetics, to cause havoc and result in spikes.

So if you are eating all the right things and doing all the right things... relax the numbers will come down shortly and in the meantime let liver detox the body. :)

Reactions: ert and Mrs T 123

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@nutribolt you probably know but Libre reads significantly higher just after a shower.

Yes that's true. Although that 4.2 was finger prick. by the looks of it shower in general brings up the reading...though it drops fairly quickly too in like 15 minutes...and the spike is nowhere as dramatic as shown by libre :D ... surprising but I have checked it number of times.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breathe OUT ...... and...... RELAX! ;)

So, this is a known hiccup? Even though I had a 4.1 and 4.4 just last week? Thanks for the reassurance!:)

Yep thats how it went for me... all good readings in 4s and 5s and all of a sudden week worth of 6s.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First test 5.8, washed hands again and tested once more 5.2. One of them has to be wrong or is it just the variance of my meter tried - a third time 5.9, - you know what, lets just take the first out of the box. It's a 5.8 for me!