What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ziggy_w . This really is informational indeed. I knew from the literature I have read that LCHF and fasting can show slightly elevated cholesterol levels but the same literature also says that the overall balance between good and bad cholesterol is tilted in favour of good cholesterol which in turn is actually good news specially when combined to the fact that my sugar level is far better controlled now than it has ever been. I will as a result of your tip be better prepared when I go into conversation with DN. She is a very nice person and is generally open to ideas so long as there is positive change which to be honest I am hoping I will have plenty this time round, fingers crossed. :)
When I asked one of the Gps at my surgery what was better to have Low blood sugar or high cholesterol, (my cholesterol is really high and I don't want to take statins) he basically said that low blood sugar is much better and that whilst they would recommend LDL lowering medication if I didn't want to take it, it was up to me. I hope that your cholesterol is fine, I will be routing for you.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again everyone. I am back with a very pleasing 7.1 to report this morning. I am getting a jump start on Lent and trying to be more disciplined. If I can continue with good FBGs over the next week, then I can give myself a meaty feast on Shrove Tuesday and try to do even better in the following weeks. Low Carb Lent. Wish me well.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello again everyone. I am back with a very pleasing 7.1 to report this morning. I am getting a jump start on Lent and trying to be more disciplined. If I can continue with good FBGs over the next week, then I can give myself a meaty feast on Shrove Tuesday and try to do even better in the following weeks. Low Carb Lent. Wish me well.
Hey great result and what a good idea ...Low Carb Lent! I hate pancakes so a meaty feast it is then.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
5.7 today at 9am which I will take as better than the last week or so of two 6.5s and two 8.0s and a 6.9 in there although these were tested after 11am. Not to mention I'm over doing the fruit and other foods I'm finding it hard to get back to better choices some days since Xmas.