What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp and overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of pork with eggs and spinach came in at 4.8 this am

Fabulous day yesterday and with youngest bubble wrap kid, perambulated along the prom (with an independent air) - not though the Bois de Boulogne. Out at 9 and back by 12 - route must (must) take in the only open public loo.
Bumbling waffling championship contender Now-then Zwhere-are-we, quartermaster for the issuing of vaccines on the telly this morning - had to be muted after only 10 seconds due to hesitation, repetition and deviation. “The, the, the, the, the.....”

A quick sketch this morning and a messy practice portion on my backing paper. Have a marvellous Monday, write out your own road map to the end of the tunnel and get your names down for team sports. Time for koffy.

View attachment 47638

View attachment 47637
Messy Art, fabulous. Then a classic bird pose well drawn with some nice flowing brush strokes.

Public Loos, that's a bit of a luxury. Our forest and heathland walks and rides lack those, plenty of trees but not many Lavor Trees.:)

Reactions: BRSBRI

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Swipey showed 5.00 at 6.37 am - buyer beware as per. Whilst I can eat to keep numbers ok on Swipey I am increasingly less convinced than ever about any other benefits to me and absolutely certain, salad apart, it doesn’t suit me. Utterly maddening but on I go. That and Spurs form aside, so much to thank God for so I’m good to go for a few more days yet. Thank you for sharing the artwork @geefull, and @gennepher. @dunelm thanks for the artwork, verbal youtube clip of the promenade and reference to Just a minute. @Muddy Cyclist what was the source of the sauce for tuna? I used to enjoy tomato, garlic, onion and basil laden sauces before the death of food.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good morning from Bath; dank, dark and a bit misty. FBG this morning finally hit the 5s - 5.9mmol.

I've now chowed down on berries, Greek yoghurt and poached eggs with Loch Fyne Smoked Salmon (£10 for 3 packs)! Cheaper than before...no idea why.

Arthur the poodle is off to the vets with Mrs BRS as he appears to have a hip issue ( we have insurance, phew) and today is the planning merry-go-round for the second half of 2021 (already) at work. So, spreadsheets, presentations and a gin and diet tonic before lunch.

Hope everyone is A-OK. Happy Monday!

mhhhqgmsmqy.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Moet is no longer crying out so tablets are working and so far stomach is fine, they usually take a few weeks before we see stomach upset. Moet is ageing very quickly, he was the strongest of the litter but all his siblings have had problems with joints and had to be put to sleep as did his mother and an uncle so we expect that difficult decision will have to be made for Moet in the not too distant future.
Good that Moet isn't in a lot of pain. We have a similar issue with Archie. He is back to normal after his stroke but as he is 15 this year we know that there will be difficult decisions ahead.

We are just enjoying each day with him.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love both paintings @dunelm, especially the 'messy' practice portion as you explain it. I keep all mine and they do become paintings at a later date...
Thank you @gennepher - I do find bits of my roll of backing paper quite interesting sometimes, also the kitchen paper that I use to get my brushes dry enough.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Messy Art, fabulous. Then a classic bird pose well drawn with some nice flowing brush strokes.

Public Loos, that's a bit of a luxury. Our forest and heathland walks and rides lack those, plenty of trees but not many Lavor Trees.:)
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I am finding that my radar key does not work on Lavor Trees.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who celebrate the start of a new week.
@ianpspurs I have given you a hug because you are clearly not enjoying your diet.

This morning a 5.8 on that wayward meter of misbehaving and mystery.

Some really interesting pictures and photographs over the last few days, keep up the good work.

With the guidance of Mrs J I have compiled a click and collect shopping list, no brownie points for me and me's and no goodies either :-( also no bacon :-(, :-(.

Well today is the day when we will find out what Boris the Beast and the tribe of professors have planned for us mere peasants that make up the population and the media will be full of it. I shall watch the briefing and ignore the rest.

Enjoy today, stay well, stay safe and the final for today stay away from the media if you value your sanity.
Hand and footnote other opinions are available from all good purveyors of doom, gloom and despondency.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who celebrate the start of a new week.
@ianpspurs I have given you a hug because you are clearly not enjoying your diet.

This morning a 5.8 on that wayward meter of misbehaving and mystery.

Some really interesting pictures and photographs over the last few days, keep up the good work.

With the guidance of Mrs J I have compiled a click and collect shopping list, no brownie points for me and me's and no goodies either :-( also no bacon :-(, :-(.

Well today is the day when we will find out what Boris the Beast and the tribe of professors have planned for us mere peasants that make up the population and the media will be full of it. I shall watch the briefing and ignore the rest.

Enjoy today, stay well, stay safe and the final for today stay away from the media if you value your sanity.
Hand and footnote other opinions are available from all good purveyors of doom, gloom and despondency.
Thank you for the hug @alf_Josiah. I haven't ever honestly enjoyed the diet but conveniently ignore the doubts and live with the foodstuffs I deem most tolerable and less harmful. Functions only as long as I see results I want. Exactly like turning a blind eye to Jose's methods while Spurs win. Both stances are a source of shame to me. As regards That B man, I will use the time he bloviates, dissembles, pretends black is white and does further harm to my loved ones to exercise well away from any chance of seeing or hearing that. As per many things, we differ wildly about this diet and that man but you are an honest man with a good heart so respect to you sir.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
what was the source of the sauce for tuna? I used to enjoy tomato, garlic, onion and basil laden sauces before the death of food.
It is very much a tomato based sauce but I do cut down on the amount of tomatos and purée. 3 shallots, cherry tomatoes in quarters , tomato passata, black olives chopped, capers, garlic, olive oil, chilli flakes, red peppers, mushrooms, 1/4 cup red wine, juice of half a lemon, black pepper, salt, fresh basil.

Sweat shallots, add everything else other than wine, lemon juice and basil, cook until done, season Tuna with black pepper and salt make space in pan for Tuna Steaks cook both sides. Remove tuna, add wine and basil to sauce and cook for a bit, put Tuna back in and add lemon juice, cover tuna with sauce and serve. Good with a chunk of Skinny Bread.

I find that my BG reading before evening meals is under 5 as a rule, 2 hours after this meal it seldom goes higher than 5.5 and that's having cheese and 3 biscuits after meal, so works for me and all that taste.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good that Moet isn't in a lot of pain. We have a similar issue with Archie. He is back to normal after his stroke but as he is 15 this year we know that there will be difficult decisions ahead.

We are just enjoying each day with him.
@muddy cyclist very sorry to hear about Moet. And you too @Krystyna23040 on Archie.

Pets become part of family and daily life very quickly; we still miss our big grey tabby Marley who had to be put down due to throat cancer - and that was 10 years ago.

Virtual treats for them both from Arthur who's now back from vets...hopefully the vet survived!

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very much a tomato based sauce but I do cut down on the amount of tomatos and purée. 3 shallots, cherry tomatoes in quarters , tomato passata, black olives chopped, capers, garlic, olive oil, chilli flakes, red peppers, mushrooms, 1/4 cup red wine, juice of half a lemon, black pepper, salt, fresh basil.

Sweat shallots, add everything else other than wine, lemon juice and basil, cook until done, season Tuna with black pepper and salt make space in pan for Tuna Steaks cook both sides. Remove tuna, add wine and basil to sauce and cook for a bit, put Tuna back in and add lemon juice, cover tuna with sauce and serve. Good with a chunk of Skinny Bread.

I find that my BG reading before evening meals is under 5 as a rule, 2 hours after this meal it seldom goes higher than 5.5 and that's having cheese and 3 biscuits after meal, so works for me and all that taste.
Thank you and great pre and post prandial readings. So much of that is totally my comfort zone (no chilli or pepper for me) but I have no bandwidth for disappointing readings right now. Approaching 6 years of the woe has narrowed my view of food into something to solely placate Swipey and scales. Hopefully, It's Friday but Sunday's coming on that front. Hugs for Moet and that whole situation. We had to say goodbye to 2 in 2019 (one of 3 deep lows that year) but conversations with the vets reassured us that we had done the right thing for them.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@muddy cyclist very sorry to hear about Moet. And you too @Krystyna23040 on Archie.

Pets become part of family and daily life very quickly; we still miss our big grey tabby Marley who had to be put down due to throat cancer - and that was 10 years ago.

Virtual treats for them both from Arthur who's now back from vets...hopefully the vet survived!

I know it was meant emphatically, to others, but gave a hug anyway

Lost our belles a few years back.
Unexpected and we were in India when it happened.

Still miss her, more so probably because we weren't there for her.

Can't envisage anyone not viewing a pet, as part of the family.

Fed, Watered, Loved & Protected..sure sounds like Family to me.

Hope 'that' moment is as far off as possible, for those mulling future decisions.

We can only enjoy the time we have.

That day of decision will come in its own time, sadly.
so we rejoice in today, the futures not written yet.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A long John silver day,
( quite appropriate considering the leg appointment )

Pieces of 8 indeed, me hearties.

8.1 fbg to give it it's full name of sugary Shame :rolleyes:.

Nice dinner, maybe a potato too many ?, the late night snifter, that became one of two. (ok, more then two.. :arghh: )

Late to bed, up early...
ho hum. Who really knows
( Kicks ground, hand in pockets)

X-ray day, ..no record of appointment...:sorry:
No WiFi.
Back outside to get signal, to fetch & screenshot appointment, like I should have BEFORE I get there...:banghead:
to show reception ..

Lady comes out all apologetic...bless.
Found me on system

Made me late for appointment, though
Can't be early anymore, covid, so timings more critical.

Did get seen, reasonably quickly
I struggle a little shoes/ socks off/ on.

Just my luck to get ready in one room, to find machine no good, so shoes back on to go to another room

Have to stand on plinth to x-ray ankles, today it was also up on two foam blocks .
Left me too high from hand rail to balance without clinging most ungracefully to back of plinth backboard, ala Norman wisdom.:hilarious:

All small whines on the day.

Been quite impressed with how normal the service seemed to be.

sure you got to time your run, wash hands, wear a mask, fewer in the A&E, etc.

But NHS have been great for me, thank you SO much you wonderful people. XXXX

And while radiologist can't say for definite,
When I mentioned the docs worried about ankle bones separating, due to fracture repair failing, she indicated all looked well and all bones in correct alignment ..:D

Let's hope Wednesday's meet with doc confirms that happy prognosis

Off to have a jolly little day today
Hope you all can do similar :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you, for your concern. He's 13 and had a good life. He may go for another few years but it's doubtful.

lindisfel

Expert
good evening all :)

4.4 today

Sunday again, adds shape to the week ;)

Thinly sliced a couple of steaks and cooked with shallots and sliced mushrooms in a cream and paprika sauce today :) cauli, broccoli and carrots on the side.

Mum and mr gee had 'bread and butter pudding' made with a thinly sliced hot cross bun (which Mum bought when she went for her pension :)), the custard portion was a mixture of double cream, water and egg sweetened with a mixture of erythritol and truvia to keep the carbs down. More cream to serve with.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - love today's ninja oak tree, very gestural :joyful: and greetings to your favourite furry foot warmer ;)

@dunelm - I really like today's exclamatory crow, like a beady eyed professor waiting for an answer, so much character :joyful:

@lindisfel - such fine scenery in your photos and I like the sky, so much light :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Wow, that's stunning now it's completed, lovely contrasts and great depth. Very well painted :joyful:

art bit -
ink study of a hedge remnant by the road between Mum's and here.

View attachment 47632
Hi geeful,
It looks like one of those hedges that one sees that have not been laid properly!
D.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
A long John silver day,
( quite appropriate considering the leg appointment )

Pieces of 8 indeed, me hearties.

8.1 fbg to give it it's full name of sugary Shame :rolleyes:.

Nice dinner, maybe a potato too many ?, the late night snifter, that became one of two. (ok, more then two.. :arghh: )

Late to bed, up early...
ho hum. Who really knows
( Kicks ground, hand in pockets)

X-ray day, ..no record of appointment...:sorry:
No WiFi.
Back outside to get signal, to fetch & screenshot appointment, like I should have BEFORE I get there...:banghead:
to show reception ..

Lady comes out all apologetic...bless.
Found me on system

Made me late for appointment, though
Can't be early anymore, covid, so timings more critical.

Did get seen, reasonably quickly
I struggle a little shoes/ socks off/ on.

Just my luck to get ready in one room, to find machine no good, so shoes back on to go to another room

Have to stand on plinth to x-ray ankles, today it was also up on two foam blocks .
Left me too high from hand rail to balance without clinging most ungracefully to back of plinth backboard, ala Norman wisdom.:hilarious:

All small whines on the day.

Been quite impressed with how normal the service seemed to be.

sure you got to time your run, wash hands, wear a mask, fewer in the A&E, etc.

But NHS have been great for me, thank you SO much you wonderful people. XXXX

And while radiologist can't say for definite,
When I mentioned the docs worried about ankle bones separating, due to fracture repair failing, she indicated all looked well and all bones in correct alignment ..:D

Let's hope Wednesday's meet with doc confirms that happy prognosis

Off to have a jolly little day today
Hope you all can do similar :)
Sounds like an action packed fiesta! Hope it all goes well/went well.. @jjraak
I was super impressed by the way ED at the local hospital ran a few weeks ago, so echo your kudos.

Off to inhale some lobster bisque for lunch. :) before getting lost in slides I have to compose! The joys...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The reason I am not an abstract artist. :) This is a 2ft square canvas for the first of my Abstract stormy Sea and Sky Paintings, a complete mess. I will over paint it but I have run out of artistic enthusiasm so it will have to do as today's art.

IMG_4518.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The reason I am not an abstract artist. :) This is a 2ft square canvas for the first of my Abstract stormy Sea and Sky Paintings, a complete mess. I will over paint it but I have run out of artistic enthusiasm so it will have to do as today's art.

View attachment 47653
I love this @Muddy Cyclist
Absolutely nothing wrong with it...
Don't you dare paint it over...
It is NOT a mess

Just look at it tomorrow and see how you feel...

Reactions: jjraak