What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 7AM and 5.4 just now at 9:50AM. It is after an eating day so the readings are very welcome indeed.

On a side note, the diabox app is now running for 2 days and constantly feeding data directly from Libre2 sensor although I haven't removed tomato which is feeding into xdrip and I have noticed diabox readings are infact closer to finger prick so far.

Have a great day everyone.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.2 this morning.

Trying to go to sleep, I think the idea of an alarm at 3am to check my BG is keeping me awake.

See you all on the flipside.

Why dont you try the freestyle libre 2 ? Then you dont have to set an alarm to check your glucose levels. It does it for you if you drop below a pre-defined level.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.2 this morning, pre-run , no work today other than drive there to let someone in , so the whole run, breakfast and shower combo was a bit rushed.

Back and shoulder not happy with me this week, physio this afternoon and hopefully a relaxing evening .

I am 51 tomorrow, and I know there is some running gear coming which I’d like to try out tomorrow morning if my back will let me .

Massive change from all recent birthdays , but that’s no bad thing.

At 51 you are a youngster to me. I’ll be 70 in five days time. Still feel 21 though. My wife tells me I still act like it too.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning.
I have started to use meter before I get up, so maybe just avoiding DP. Though I am once again seeing lower daily averages, and staying in 4s and 5s. Long may it continue. Not had blood tests, or any monitoring of health conditions for over a year, now. Perhaps I am better going solo. Though I could be deluded. GP surgery has only had phone consultations, and so I am in the dark about what could be the bigger picture.
At least I have had first covid vaccination. Wondering if that caused erratic BG levels for a week or two.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning.
I have started to use meter before I get up, so maybe just avoiding DP. Though I am once again seeing lower daily averages, and staying in 4s and 5s. Long may it continue. Not had blood tests, or any monitoring of health conditions for over a year, now. Perhaps I am better going solo. Though I could be deluded. GP surgery has only had phone consultations, and so I am in the dark about what could be the bigger picture.
At least I have had first covid vaccination. Wondering if that caused erratic BG levels for a week or two.

Great result!
@PenguinMum mentioned that my erratic and high BGs for the last couple of weeks might be a reaction to my covid vacc. I didn’t think so at the time as I felt fine, but now I’m thinking you both may be right!
My daily BGs have been back in 4s and 5s the last few days too.

Reactions: annabell1 and Pasha

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great result!
@PenguinMum mentioned that my erratic and high BGs for the last couple of weeks might be a reaction to my covid vacc. I didn’t think so at the time as I felt fine, but now I’m thinking you both may be right!
My daily BGs have been back in 4s and 5s the last few days too.
Brilliant.
Don’t know about you, but I was blaming myself. Even though I was eating sensibly low carb.
I will be interested to see what happens when I have the second covid jab.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi all my BSL yesterday 7.7 today 5.3

Maybe silly question, but for those who test and post morning BSL do you test levels b4 taking your medication or after taking?

got my recent HBA1C 6.1and hba1c(IFCC) 4.3 endo is happy with all blood results. Also discuss my readings and because a had two readings one 3.7 the other 4.1 within last 2 months she said to drop my diamcron from 60mr to 30mr and said it's better to be high then low and she thinks I am having low without testing after eating . Thoughts?
Although my Total cholesterol 6.2 LDL 4.3 Trig 1.4 LDL 4.3 she never discussed it with me my GP is on my back about it but and wants me on statins but my Endocrinologist never brings it up.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.0 today in old money. Applied a Libre yesterday to see what happens after I get my first jab tomorrow but it registered 7.2 this morning! I think I remember people saying it takes a day or two settle in. Hope thats it! @Pipp and @DJC3 really pleased to see yours settled to your usual levels, if it was the after effects of the vaccine its certainly noteworthy. I will report how I go over the next couple of weeks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 for me. Not what I want by a long chalk. Interesting about the COVID vaccination impact @DJC3, @Pipp and others. I wondered about this from what I saw but I tend to accept LC will always let me down so dismissed it as straw clutching.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 at 6AM and 4.5 at 8:30AM.

It was a fasting day yesterday so these numbers were expected but still bring a satisfactory smile to my face.

I am 36 hours into fasting right now and intend to go all the way till tomorrow but I will see how it goes during the day.

Have a great day everyone. :)