What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.1 this morning after 14 hour fast at 0730.

I’ve been running, opted for treadmill, I got kitted up walked outside and turned around and came back in again , I really can’t stand running in strong wind.

Did program 4 on the treadmill for half an hour , trying to stay slightly ahead of the Missus, who has now also started treadmill running earlier this month.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

4.3 this morning.

@DJC3 and @Pipp -- Great numbers -- glad the blood sugar effects of the vaccination are wearing off.
@PenguinMum -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your vaccination and that the effects on blood sugar will be minimal for you.
@nutribolt -- Great job on your fasting levels (both, when fasting and when not). My impression is they are getting lower week by week.
@Nirac -- Welcome to the thread.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today.
I was blaming myself too @Pipp and I’m interested to see what happens after 2nd dose - at least we’ll be forewarned.

I had unexpected, erratic results as well after my vaccine but as my bloods never rose above the high 6s (to my knowledge) I couldn't put it down directly to the vaccine however I did wonder, so agree it will be interesting to see what happens after the second vaccine. Great that you are seeing your bloods at more comfortable levels.

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all my BSL yesterday 7.7 today 5.3

Maybe silly question, but for those who test and post morning BSL do you test levels b4 taking your medication or after taking?

got my recent HBA1C 6.1and hba1c(IFCC) 4.3 endo is happy with all blood results. Also discuss my readings and because a had two readings one 3.7 the other 4.1 within last 2 months she said to drop my diamcron from 60mr to 30mr and said it's better to be high then low and she thinks I am having low without testing after eating . Thoughts?
Although my Total cholesterol 6.2 LDL 4.3 Trig 1.4 LDL 4.3 she never discussed it with me my GP is on my back about it but and wants me on statins but my Endocrinologist never brings it up.
Yes more or less as soon as I get up and obviously before food :)

Reactions: annabell1

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great job on your fasting levels (both, when fasting and when not). My impression is they are getting lower week by week.

Thanks @ziggy_w ... yeah I have been observing that myself but was just afraid to speak it out loud as I was fearful I might jinx it. :D

I love my fasting days given they play to my strength of being lazy. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great levels @nutibolt . Fasting is obviously agreeing with you in every way.
Thanks @ziggy_w . @Ryhia it’s interesting to see you had erratic post v results too. We can watch each others next fbgs with more than usual interest.
@PenguinMum hugs for return to sixes - it’s only just though and could quite easily be a 5.9 with the margin of error. Yes I find Libre takes a day of two to settle, hope it all goes well tomorrow.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, so figure me this one..
7:00 am BG 6.5. Stayed in bed. Headache. No food, drink or meds before 8:15 am when BG was 4.7., before putting a foot on the floor. Maybe DP didn’t hang around for too long?

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
5.3 today.
I was blaming myself too @Pipp and I’m interested to see what happens after 2nd dose - at least we’ll be forewarned.
@annabell1 I can’t answer your question but it might be a good idea to ask in a new thread where you’ll reach a lot more people.
Thabk you will do cheers

Reactions: DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.6 Went to bed on a 4.9. So I was ever hopeful for this Overnite Sensation (Zappa Fans Freakout!) and get this stoopid Camarillo Brillo??? Of yeah, and the English Cricket? Don’t even ask: “It’s the Slime oozing out from your TV Set

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.6 on the meter, Libre still reading high at 5.9 whereas previous models measured lower than meter usually. Only wearing it for trends after my jab today but disappointed nonetheless. Will continue to put my trust in old money.