What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The end of an era at the house of BRS...

The old jalopy has gone. I know and has been pointed out by Mrs BRS it's only a piece of metal on 4 wheels. But it's the history - you know, taking daughters off to start their life journeys - Glasgow Uni, RAF Cranwell, hammering down the autoroutes to Montpellier, picking up Arthur the poodle...memories. 5 years of them. Tinge of sepia...

So, a new dawn tomorrow when I become a boy racer after the 4WD era. Baseball cap back to front all ready and a tattoo transfer for my forearms...;)

@muddycyclist on another note: the guy I bought the sandwich for yesterday, a homeless soul - has been found a shelter place and is at least safe for now as they wrap support around him - a fluke I'd say knowing what I know about the pressures on the system. Off the street - I hope permanently.

Happy Sunday all.... :)
Brilliant news let's hope he is saved, so many slip back unfortunately.

Boy racer, just your luck that it will be the worst winter we have had in years come December. :)

lindisfel

Expert
I can see their route from the top of Cat Bells and then walk round and eat fish and chips :). What a hardy lot - and yes, them must be very fit. I can remember my Outward Bound Course at Ullswater - having to jump into the lake every morning an practicing canoe drills - blooming cold those lakes. Oh! Now I need fish and chips - is it The Old Keswickian?[/QUOTE]

I wish I could send my grandson on an outward bound course, I would gladly pay for him. I think he likes home comforts too much and enjoys the lunches he has been getting from his mum, he's not going to like the ones he'll get back at Archbishops on the 8th of March!
D.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thank you @SlimLizzy
That worked...
g10197.gif

Where were they?
Well I went through the motions of putting the keys on the table, and then putting the yellow box away.
Came back to the table.
Picked up the imaginary keys that were on the table, and my hand automatically went to put them in my jacket pocket (as if I were going out), because I hadn't yet taken that outdoors jacket off. And I went and hung the jacket up. So I looked in the right jacket pocket and there they were.

I recall I was thinking of a dozen things at once at that moment, and I can still remember them all!!!

Okay...Popeye needs a treat now...

Did you manage a video of your cat?
So glad you found the keys @gennepher
Yes I did get video of cat, but it was late afternoon and not enough light so appears to be dusk. Will have another go at it.

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all... The return of Rozzington Bear! (@ianpspurs the spelling comes direct from the person who gave me the nickname in the first place and has stuck since joining the tennis circuit. I know you love to to spell it as Rosington... but alas it will always be Rozzington...!)

Swipey 7.9 ↗️ but not that surprised as I had the other half of an extremely thin authentic Napolitan pizza for dinner last night. Personally I am more astounded that the thing worked as I barely felt it go in, and sometimes with the cohesive bandage it delivers compression lows instead. anything between 6-8 is fine for me, so I will take it.

Thought I had to be up for tennis starting at 7am only to find matches don't start in Doha until 11:30! Knickers... that means I can probably also knock off some company admin (although I might just leave it to next week when I pay myself and do it all in one go, bleah!)

Now just waiting for the cave-dwelling lodger to get up. I was in a very unsociable mood and couldn't be bothered to be talked at by him if our paths crossed in the kitchen yesterday ... so did a month's worth of finances and filing instead!

Plan - only do the latest physio's rehab sessions this month... I suppose that makes sense as the other sessions I used to rotate through the week were from injuries gone by... so about to get out of bed and do that, and right back to the beginning of C25K to get this misbehaving knee to understand it can grumble all it likes, it is not going to get its way!

Looking forward to seeing the art gallery having missed it ...!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

Foggy and frosty start here today. A week of mechanical things being repaired and so much cleaning and getting them looking respectable for their ordeals. I do like taking things clean to mechanics. Wilfrid VW camper MOT, VW Golf broken spring repair and my Full Suspension Mountain Bike needs a new Bottom Bracket and Head Set bearings a job I could do but value my knuckles. :)

Keep safe and warm.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good morning one and all!

Early morning start at work with The Far East on a webinar (my thoughts on this attached )

Missed the meteor which apparently lit up them there parts 'round here c. 10pm - but perhaps the doorbell camera clocked something : haven't checked yet...

FBG was higher last night sitting at 6.3, perhaps the Corbières wine? A big 250ml glass the culprit? No booze now till Friday night anyway.

The boy racer machine gets delivered at 11, so I might have to force myself to go on an essential journey to try her out ;)

Hope all of you have a brill start to the week.

bck_ihccaaa2-ko.jpg

Reactions: gennepher

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We might face a similar difficulty in visiting our son in Wales too.:(
I know how difficult it is my sister who's health is chronic lives in the north of England and I only managed to visit her 3 times last year ( I'm in Wales ) I try and combine a visit to sister then travel on to Edinburgh but with all the different rules and regs its a nightmare.

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning all. A fbs of 9.8 today! At least the sun is shining and the sky is blue. :happy: After two days at large in my garden armed with secateurs it finally looks neat and cared for again. Managed to fit in a couple of local walks too. Enjoy the good weather folks but stay safe too.:)

Two days with a chain saw in my wild garden wouldn't touch it.
But I am mindful that I am storing carbon for the planet! :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Woke in the very early dark hours. Went out to look at that snow moon. Took Android and old iPhone out. Took photos. Wasn't impressed. The old iPhone's last update must've done something different to the camera, because instead of just taking a straight photo (so to speak), it now has all the different preset edit settings on the camera screen.

Hang on, just looked at it now, and it is back to normal camera screen...and those preset edit settings are back in edit where they belong. It must have been because I was taking a night time shots which my iPhone isn't geared for, but when there is a super bright moon combined with leaves and branches in my garden, I can take photos which I find interesting. But I couldn't do it in the dark early hours this morning with the old iPhone.

So tried the Android phone which does take night time photography. It didn't do quite what I wanted, and takes good detailed photos of a dark scene which my naked eye can't see, but it wasn't what I wanted from my back garden. I want to create some reference photos for an idea I have.

Went out in the garden for a few minutes with a cuppa just after dawn, it was quite light. And Mrs Blackbird was doing dangerous fly pasts in front of my face. Having a female blackbird doing stunts worthy of the Red Arrows within inches of my face is not my idea of fun. The cheeky so and so is looking at me through my bedroom windows and giving me a good taking to, well at least her beak is opening and shutting. I don't have my cochlear speech processor on yet. So, I have no idea what she is saying. But the gist of her body language is saying 'You're back in that cage where you belong'.

Great! I am not only under house arrest lockdown by the government (like the rest of us in Wales), I am also under blackbird house arrest lockdown until she has finished building her nest (and brought up her future babies) which by the way started exactly at 9 am yesterday morning.

I was in the garden yesterday, sitting on my chair enjoying the sun, when Mrs Blackbird spied me. She was not pleased, and wouldn't resume her nest building while I could see where she was going into the clematis. And her Mr Blackbird was doing those flying through the trees distraction techniques they use to keep predators away from their babies when they are learning to fly. But this pair have only got as far as beginning to build a nest!!!

Many years ago I actually cat proofed that clematis, against my cats when Lynx was about to get the baby blackbirds at that time. I managed to shut Lynx in the bathroom while I covered the clematis with plastic covered wire netting that allowed mum and dad blackbirds to enter and leave to take care of their babies. (Or Lynx would have got them). Mum and dad blackbird, at that time watched me from the roof, and I was hoping by me removing my cat from harming their babies and me messing for an hour with this netting, that they would understand I was only trying to help. I wasn't sure I succeeded, but that next morning mum and dad blackbird were back with loads of worms feeding their babies and all was well again. And mum and dad blackbird at that time regarded me as a friend.

So, somehow I am going to have a discussion with the current Mrs Blackbird....it is a nice day and I will be out there...

Today's painting in Procreate was the old seedheads of the Teasel in my back garden, against the full blazing sun I was viewing out my front window yesterday afternoon, against the blue cloudless sky. It just didn't work...

So, I had a look at my photos of the moon against the dark night sky and changed it to Teasels in Moonlight!!!

Now, I need to have a discussion with Mrs Blackbird. She is dive bombing all the tiny birds in my garden. She sent Jenny Wren packing just now, and was trying to separate the two robins, but they just scatter and come back immediately. Mrs Blackbird is wasting her precious energies...there is enough room and food for at least 3 pairs of birds and their nests in my back garden. Mrs Blackbird has also commandeered the front garden for her exclusive use. She was there at dusk last night and looking at me through the window, giving me another talking to. She went on and on. She thinks she knows where I belong, in my zoo cage.

24612387-631D-4386-BD14-611B5A8D924D.jpeg

Jail break time...

Reactions: dunelm and BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I know how difficult it is my sister who's health is chronic lives in the north of England and I only managed to visit her 3 times last year ( I'm in Wales ) I try and combine a visit to sister then travel on to Edinburgh but with all the different rules and regs its a nightmare.
@slimlizzy @mojo37 we're reaching the end of the long journey. 365 days of the new normal. Hopefully we'll all be reunited with our loved ones soon, rather than on video conferences and phone...I haven't seen my daughter in Glasgow since January 2020 and I feel all of your pain too...

Sending hugs.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Fbg 6.7

Woke in the very early dark hours. Went out to look at that snow moon. Took Android and old iPhone out. Took photos. Wasn't impressed. The old iPhone's last update must've done something different to the camera, because instead of just taking a straight photo (so to speak), it now has all the different preset edit settings on the camera screen.

Hang on, just looked at it now, and it is back to normal camera screen...and those preset edit settings are back in edit where they belong. It must have been because I was taking a night time shots which my iPhone isn't geared for, but when there is a super bright moon combined with leaves and branches in my garden, I can take photos which I find interesting. But I couldn't do it in the dark early hours this morning with the old iPhone.

So tried the Android phone which does take night time photography. It didn't do quite what I wanted, and takes good detailed photos of a dark scene which my naked eye can't see, but it wasn't what I wanted from my back garden. I want to create some reference photos for an idea I have.

Went out in the garden for a few minutes with a cuppa just after dawn, it was quite light. And Mrs Blackbird was doing dangerous fly pasts in front of my face. Having a female blackbird doing stunts worthy of the Red Arrows within inches of my face is not my idea of fun. The cheeky so and so is looking at me through my bedroom windows and giving me a good taking to, well at least her beak is opening and shutting. I don't have my cochlear speech processor on yet. So, I have no idea what she is saying. But the gist of her body language is saying 'You're back in that cage where you belong'.

Great! I am not only under house arrest lockdown by the government (like the rest of us in Wales), I am also under blackbird house arrest lockdown until she has finished building her nest (and brought up her future babies) which by the way started exactly at 9 am yesterday morning.

I was in the garden yesterday, sitting on my chair enjoying the sun, when Mrs Blackbird spied me. She was not pleased, and wouldn't resume her nest building while I could see where she was going into the clematis. And her Mr Blackbird was doing those flying through the trees distraction techniques they use to keep predators away from their babies when they are learning to fly. But this pair have only got as far as beginning to build a nest!!!

Many years ago I actually cat proofed that clematis, against my cats when Lynx was about to get the baby blackbirds at that time. I managed to shut Lynx in the bathroom while I covered the clematis with plastic covered wire netting that allowed mum and dad blackbirds to enter and leave to take care of their babies. (Or Lynx would have got them). Mum and dad blackbird, at that time watched me from the roof, and I was hoping by me removing my cat from harming their babies and me messing for an hour with this netting, that they would understand I was only trying to help. I wasn't sure I succeeded, but that next morning mum and dad blackbird were back with loads of worms feeding their babies and all was well again. And mum and dad blackbird at that time regarded me as a friend.

So, somehow I am going to have a discussion with the current Mrs Blackbird....it is a nice day and I will be out there...

Today's painting in Procreate was the old seedheads of the Teasel in my back garden, against the full blazing sun I was viewing out my front window yesterday afternoon, against the blue cloudless sky. It just didn't work...

So, I had a look at my photos of the moon against the dark night sky and changed it to Teasels in Moonlight!!!

Now, I need to have a discussion with Mrs Blackbird. She is dive bombing all the tiny birds in my garden. She sent Jenny Wren packing just now, and was trying to separate the two robins, but they just scatter and come back immediately. Mrs Blackbird is wasting her precious energies...there is enough room and food for at least 3 pairs of birds and their nests in my back garden. Mrs Blackbird has also commandeered the front garden for her exclusive use. She was there at dusk last night and looking at me through the window, giving me another talking to. She went on and on. She thinks she knows where I belong, in my zoo cage.

View attachment 47752

Jail break time...
Sorry to hear about the iPhone issues...I'll mention it during a software development call later if you want?

Looks like Thistles - so made my heart glad!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
And for all of those in that great land or with connections...Happy St David Day!

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!
3cb97b0c26de0ccf32ecabd7e2717c73.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear about the iPhone issues...I'll mention it during a software development call later if you want?

Looks like Thistles - so made my heart glad!

Glad you liked the ‘thistles’!

No need to mention it, thanks. I have been looking at the old iPhone camera screen again, and tried making the picture larger, like I was earlier in the dark, and I accidentally put the edit settings below the camera screen! I have never done that before! So, that is what I must have done earlier in the dark garden!
Thanks though, for offering to look into it
:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Had a really hungry day yesterday so had rather a lot of stilton cheese.and crunchy almond butter. Not at the same time of course.

Very misty here and a bit chilly but the early morning walk was still pleasant. Hope to catch up with admin between classes.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

View attachment 47752

Jail break time...
Blackbirds singing in the dead of night and your enforced prison stay with the Teasels, teased the art out of you today. Very creative piece.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy St David's day. Swipey's initial effort was 4.9 - hardly one for the fridge door. Far from an harmonious entity, the devolved parts of my body are causing some friction. Sleep seems to be led by a feisty gel called Nicola and is having "a good war". Weight is living behind the red wall so struggling to compensate for its purblind get LC done fetish. Far too close to a BMI of 23 - SAGE are on alert. I'd rather look "gaunt and ill" at 73 kgs than fine at almost 76.* Border and transit issues are upsetting Arlene - she who could start a fight in a phone box. Gareth Bale scored twice yesterday and Wales won on Saturday - couldn't work Wales in otherwise - Mark D is almost an invisible man. Rozzington Bear it is then @RFSMarch. Toodle pip
*Unless the 73 kgs was down to bladder cancer and 76 is normal. I'd settle for the return of the usual 74.5 (BMI 22.4)

Last edited: