What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch - Dollop of pate, chunk of cheddar, slice of Parma ham, 2 slices of chorizo and 3 oat-less oatcakes. With far too much butter.

Dinner - Air fried chicken wings in franks buffalo sauce with blue cheese and tablespoon of Mayo.

A DGF pecan blondie and a Montezuma orange truffle.

Well under my carbs today but very over on the protein due to the wings. Toying with trying a more carnivore approach over the next month.

It all sounds delicious, I don’t think there’s such a thing as far too much butter!

Reactions: Onlinecaroline

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha Yes the second cup cools down a little, Paul says I have an asbestos mouth as I’ve usually finished my first before his has cooled down enough to even start. The second mug is at the same temp as the first one was when I finished it, so it just seems like an extension of it. I never find one cup of tea is enough.

this is why my mugs are 650mls (or more).
Same with cold drink tumblers.
I simply cannot be bothered with the endless trips for refills... :hilarious:

Yesterday:

no B
L was chunks of cheddar, goats milk Brie and Wensleydale accompanied by a lush hot chutney
S a small bowl keto muesli, with double cream
D homemade lamb burglars. One with garlic and herb, the other with chilli and mango chutney.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Breakfast is still slice HiLo toast cooled, thick butter, copious tea. Agree with earlier comments about tea I need three large mugs to get me going in the morning.
Lunch has been two thin slices Dr Almond bread with various cheese, cold meat and a little coleslaw. Supper on Monday was omelettes to move surplus eggs along, mine was cheese & tomato. Tuesday supper was chilli mini mestballs with spag for Mr PM and broccoli for me, couldnt get hold of a courgette to spiralise! Today supper will be panfried lamb chop, mushrooms and leftover broccoli. Will take a walk down to the village shop later in the vain hope of finding an aubergine and anything else that takes my fancy! Our shop is small but gets a small selection of fruit and veg so you never know what you will find on any given day.
I can predict that lunch tomo will be cold meat, cheesey coleslaw and perhaps spoon of h/m Waldorf salad. Evening is the traditional Chunky Cod fingers with veg to be decided.
I am always surprised to read about the extent of food wasted in the home as virtually nothing gets wasted in this house. Its also helpful doing a big shop fortnightly and eating your way through with the aid of the fridge and freezer.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Feeling the odd one out. One mug of tea and a large glass of iced water does it for me in the morning, and in the summer I can skip it altogether in favour of extra iced water.

Today has turned into an OMAD+ day. Brunch was 20% mince fried with onions, one of the huge double yolk eggs, 1 ‘normal’ egg and some grated Parmesan sprinkled on top. Followed by some plain Greek yoghurt.

Just finished the tub of yoghurt in lieu of dinner as not particularly hungry.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
only lunch so far today
3 eggs omelette with salmon, leeks and broccoli in. All leftovers from previous meals. No food waste here ever either @PenguinMum
Oh, and 2 sqs h/m lc millionaires

Then trip to the dentist for crown prep. Came home, slept 2 hours and covid injected arm hurting like hell again! Wondering if something in the the tooth injection has sparked something?

Trying to ignore the savoury aromas emanating from the kitchen as the boys source their own supper, think they've gone for pasta so am staying out of the way.

Might have a little cheese later with my weekly zoom social

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In the mornings I just have 1 cuppa (don't think I could have another so soon) and a glass of water and the same as @Goonergal in the summer/warmer weather don't bother with the tea and just drink water all day and maybe 1 or 2 pepsi max some days.

Brunch - 2 cheesey chaffles (still trying to use up almond flour) made in to a sandwich with ham in between. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - warm chargrilled chicken with avocado and side salad.

I had the oxford vaccine this pm so next couple of days will be interesting ... oh and I had a nice options hot chocolate with double cream on top when I came home from having jag but before having dinner

Reactions: maglil55

Onlinecaroline

My first proper OMAD today after a 20hr fast.

Dinner - Hunter chicken using G Hughes reduced sugar BBQ sauce, 2 flat cap mushrooms stuffed with swede, cheese, sour cream and bacon and a tiny bit of buffalo cauliflower.

DGF Pecan blondie and maybe a square of chocolate

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Lunch two egg omelette with kimchi, chorizo and mushrooms and a few hm lc seeded crackers followed by about 20g montezumas 100% with mint oil
Dinner lamb loin with salads and cheese stuffed mushrooms with soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by DGF brownie with yoghurt.
Grey day today but helped me to stay indoors working at computer.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
Coffee for me until lunchtime then leftover smoked haddock in creamy spicy sauce, which was yesterday’s dinner. 1 DGF blondie to follow.
Switched to tea after lunch, many double mugs. Dinner was storecupboard mixture as I haven’t been shopping for days. Tuna and h/m mayo, avocado way past its best ( not much waste here either @PenguinMum ) h/b egg, lettuce ( also past its best) and some grated courgette I bought to try the courgette fritters but haven’t got round to yet. Another DGF blondie and 2 more mugs of tea

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One Protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: gammon steak and leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

@shelley262 , hubby and I had the OxAZ vaccine, we both had a feeling of being completely washed out the day after and a sore arm for a few days.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One Protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: gammon steak and leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

@shelley262 , hubby and I had the OxAZ vaccine, we both had a feeling of being completely washed out the day after and a sore arm for a few days.
Think comments re vax are for @Mrs T 123 ?
Me and OH and autistic son had Pfizer and all of us only had a sore arm. Autistic adult son only had mild soreness!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. It’s been quiet in here lately.

Today turned into an OMAD day. Lunch was air fried lamb ribs coated in lemon pepper. Delicious. Haven’t needed anything since.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all grey cold day again today but helped me stick at my paid work. I’m doing extra days at the moment to prepare for a planned retirement from paid work at the end of March. Can’t come soon enough with my other unpaid work of family caring increasing by the day!
Lunch one slice of bacon,one egg and slice of lc hm toast followed by coffee with 50g of montezumas 100% with peppermint oil (sounds a lot but only 4g of carbs) throughout afternoon!
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and asparagus plus glass of dry white wine followed by DGF blondie with yoghurt.

Reactions: maglil55 and Max68

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 packet of coconut bites.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: broccoli, bacon, onion, garlic, cherry tomato and cheese frittata followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 brilliant news about the planned retirement! We're now 2 years in, having gone 5 years early and don't regret a second, not even the Covid year

Lunch got a bit picky and spread out. 2 boiled eggs went and a chunk of camembert and some tastes as I was cooking the caulifower cheese savoury thing to freeze

Dinner was a spicy veg tomato stew finished with eggs.
Somehow 4 monetzumas eggs have vanished today too, not sure when

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Well I have just had some brown hi low bread toasted with butter and I am really hopeful that my BG will not spike - but I was soooooooooooooooo hungry!!!! Wheat is very hit and miss with me :depressed: Think its low/hi :banghead:

Last edited:

Max68

Couple of days to catch up on. My low dough chicken coating didn't come in time for yesterday so by passed lunch and dipped three drumsticks in paxo crumbs and the rest in a nando's sauce with halloumi fries as a side. Today two rashers of bacon, three sausages and a fried egg with a small slice of lower carb bread for lunch. Dinner starter two small slices of lower carb toast with pate followed by smoked mackrel and stilton salad with squirt of mayo. Strawberries and double cream dessert.