What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Anyway, sorry to be such a bore - numbers and stats always make me go on and on.
Oh, you bore away! You and Ian and some others have made me re-review my wayward numbers starting on the 4th Feb, guess what? There appears to be more than a resemblance to being beyond Standard Variation - maybe I’m talking rubbish? However, I’m starting to stabilise around lower 6s and have had one or two 5s during days and nights. Thanks, @nutribolt, I’d forgotten about the jab.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Had a couple of weird readings this last week, 10s and 11s. Have had a migraine that's now gone and this morning 8.5 and just now 6.7 - but I haven't had much to eat, perhaps that had something to do with it. Think I am going to try intermittent fasting.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.8 at 6:30AM on finger prick. I slept to a reading of 9.4 last night. The average overnight on Diabox was 7.5.

It does make me wonder that if on Diabetics the effects of vaccine are these, what mayhem the actual virus would have caused.

Have a great Friday everyone. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice normal 5.4 this morning.

I had about 2 weeks of high readings too @nutribolt but I felt fine otherwise so would never have known if I hadn’t been testing. I wonder what the effects are on non-diabetics? As they don’t test they wouldn’t know if their BG rises too.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 which is a normal Friday for me after the joy of Fish Finger Firsday! This swipey has been 2-3 points higher than meters most of the time, maybe its a bad un but for the last week my DP rises in a straight line from 6am so thats informative but I refuse to get up at that time so I will ignore it. I wonder if that will keep getting earlier as the light gets earlier. So Swipey will be reserved for special occasions only.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 6.2 this morning after a failed low carb cake experiment yesterday. Mustn't have been as low carb as I thought as bloods went up to 7 and didn't really come back down. Never mind, hubby plans to eat the leftovers. ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 6.2 this morning after a failed low carb cake experiment yesterday. Mustn't have been as low carb as I thought as bloods went up to 7 and didn't really come back down. Never mind, hubby plans to eat the leftovers. ;)
Hug and with you for failed LC baking. In my case mainly for taste and texture. Half a skip full of "magic" ingredients when we moved last year. I stick to selected - no ertythritol if at all possible- bought treats now. Those of you who make home cooked LC baking work for you I warmly salute you. Cookies are good from here bars are pants IMHO

Last edited:

rilakkuma02

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
7.5 for me this morning, not surprised. Had a very bad, short night sleep. Feeling tired too. I hope I can have it under control. Feel a bit stressed in lcokdown, daily exercise reduced compared 3 months ago.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug and with you for failed LC baking. In my case mainly for taste and texture. Half a skip full of "magic" ingredients when we moved last year. I stick to selected - no ertythritol if at all possible- bought treats now. Those of you who make home cooked LC baking work for you I warmly salute you. Cookies are good from here bars are pants IMHO
Yea, looks like there were more carbs than I realised. Used xylitol in place of sugar and vital wheat gluten for flour with soya as milk replacement. Came out more like chocolate bread pudding than the Bero chocolate spice cake it was supposed to be. I have just worked out the carbs and it looks like it had around 12gms of carbs per portion, guess too high for me or just one of those days. Lunchtime now and bloods in low 5s so getting there. If you like nuts, have you tried Trek protein nut bar? Got a keto snack box for Christmas which contained a couple of these, very moreish - only thing, I found I had to fight hubby for them.

Reactions: hankjam

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yea, looks like there were more carbs than I realised. Used xylitol in place of sugar and vital wheat gluten for flour with soya as milk replacement. Came out more like chocolate bread pudding than the Bero chocolate spice cake it was supposed to be. I have just worked out the carbs and it looks like it had around 12gms of carbs per portion, guess too high for me or just one of those days. Lunchtime now and bloods in low 5s so getting there. If you like nuts, have you tried Trek protein nut bar? Got a keto snack box for Christmas which contained a couple of these, very moreish - only thing, I found I had to fight hubby for them.
Thanks @Ryhia but I don't like nuts. Glad bs is now "in range" for you.