What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Thanks everyone.

Entrance to the dinner ...my knees are giving way at the cost already as it comes out my budget - typical Scot ) and the celebratory cake which I have to avoid but can sniff the marzipan I suppose...

Great Friday to you one and all.
r1_20210326095709100.jpg
cake.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Funny article and bonkers speech BUT where did he get a glass pint milk bottle and why would anyone do that?
As mad as a hatter that one. I once saw him in London on the Circle line. Looked demented mumbling away. No gold top for that boy My blood sugars have just spiked looking at this...

Guests are arriving...best behaviour till I get back to my pen in a few...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wan has taken me up the hills before we head to dinner to celebrate a contract signed - sunset starting...

He was playing Whitney Houston in the Toyota Tank, and I almost sang "Wan Moment In Time"...
Reminds me of the comedian Stewart Lee talking about interviewing the Taiwanese film director Ang Lee.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have raw egg in milk I your early days Ian?
When one was older it came with sherry in as well, all whisked up of course.
D.
I did rate your post informative but if there was a yuk rating I would have definitely chosen that. Raw egg in milk - yuk.

Although, perhaps I am missing out on something delicious as the dogs absolutely adore raw egg yolk - but then again maybe not when I think of what else the Labradors think of as being absolutely delicious. I won't elaborate further on this in case anyone is about to eat.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did rate your post informative but if there was a yuk rating I would have definitely chosen that. Raw egg in milk - yuk.

Although, perhaps I am missing out on something delicious as the dogs absolutely adore raw egg yolk - but then again maybe not when I think of what else the Labradors think of as being absolutely delicious. I won't elaborate further on this in case anyone is about to eat.

Yeah..for our surrogate furry nephew racing around trying to pick up deer droppings says he has very disimilar tastes to mine. :wideyed:

Fully on board with whole raw egg embargo,. Btw :)

Easy to say as I caress my pint of milk.
"Drinkers unite"

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes, our dogs love raw eggs and cod liver oil. When we had >7 doz eggs per week with the last 2 it was win, win until the fox or badger spoiled things. The chickens went native and refused to come down from the trees at night so my stockade was useless. . An Italian school friend always had a beaten raw egg each morning,

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have raw egg in milk I your early days Ian?
When one was older it came with sherry in as well, all whisked up of course.
D.
Used to have raw egg whisked into milk with a dash of tabasco as a quick meal. Just down it in one.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did read that thread too @Krystyna23040

Interesting.
Do let us know how you got on

I like nuts, pistachio in particular
Not one I can just have one or two of, sadly.

Take two Brazil nuts most days, good in moderation *

But had given up cashews, so might well try and test those and see if they spike me

Missus bought roasted peanuts, been sneaking one or two ( :)) Seems they might be a no-no,
So be nice to have a fall back I can eat more safely.

*https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/brazil-nuts-benefits#TOC_TITLE_HDR_9

I started them for point 7,
I wonder if point 6 might be worthwhile information for those with kidney issues ?

As for safety, see end of report
Not something I was aware of. (chocolate covered Brazil nuts back in the day..just have one .:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:)
1-3 daily is where I stick.
Very interesting information on Brazil nuts. I hadn't realised that there was a safety issue with them.

In the interest of research I had about 20g of cashews. They were so delicious. With great trepidation I did a BS check 2 hours afterwards and found that BS had dropped fairly significantly. A lot more research is needed before I am sure that they don't raise BS. Luckily Mr K bought 2 bags of cashews for the initial research. I had forgotten how much I loved cashews. It looks as though I may have vetoed them unnecessarily.

So house arrest finishes on the 29th March and it looks like cashews are off the banned list. Life is definitely looking up.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Funky Nut Cashew Butter - I could slather it all over me, but have a teaspoonful on occasion instead. ....
Oh no - I wish you hadn't posted this. I absolutely love nut butters and find it very hard to limit them to a teaspoon at a time.

Have googled Funky Nut Cashew Butter and it looks highly likely that I will be buying some very soon.

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah..for our surrogate furry nephew racing around trying to pick up deer droppings says he has very disimilar tastes to mine. :wideyed:

"Drinkers unite"
Deer droppings - not too bad because Deer are not carnivores. It is the other droppings that the Labradors are partial to that are so disgusting.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, our dogs love raw eggs and cod liver oil. When we had >7 doz eggs per week with he last 2 it was win, win until the fox or badger spoiled things. The chickens went native and refused to come down from the trees at night so my stockade was useless. . An Italian school friend always had a beaten raw egg each morning,
Eggs from your own chickens must have been really lovely. Such a shame that a fox or badger spoiled things.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, sorry no time to catch up on all the posts.

A 5.3 this morning.

Well yesterday I said I would be making sawdust, with the byproduct being 4 planters, well the person these planters were for provided the decking, 7 x 2.4 metre lengths, but they purchased smaller widths, no problem, I just modified the design, but Mrs J scuppered that.....she then phoned the end user, with the result that 7 more lengths of the correct width arrived yesterday evening and I was instructed to make 3 more planters out of the original decking, 2 of a specific design, 1 of an unspecified design and 4 of the original design.
Needless to say Mrs J is over the moon, boasting to all and sundry about how she made yet more work for me to keep me out in my shed / workshop for even more time.

Now I must go back to cutting, drilling, screwing and sweeping up yet more sawdust.

Remember the stay's.

lindisfel

Expert

"Drinkers unite"
Probably mentioned before, the guy responsible for technical aids at the local hospital had a dog and kept chickens. He reckoned his dog ate the chicken **** and the chickens ate the dog ****. He said it was recycling in action.

Last edited: